Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod request

Page: 1 of 1
 mjpb3
11-05-2005, 6:01 PM
I'm gonna throw this out before I change
my mind and decide to forget it...

Can any of you wonderful modders make a
Valentine's day mod?
(3 1/2 months is enough time... Right? :))

I love the K1 Christmas mod and the K2:TSL
Halloween mod, so I was wondering if a
Valentine's mod would be too much to ask for?

Some thought on what could possibly be in it:

Cupid's arrow (bowcaster)
Heart on a stick (lightsaber - dbl lightsaber)
*NEW* force power - blow kisses
Heart covered clothing, armor, robes
Cupid disguise

anyway, that's all hubby and I could think of...

Feel free to let your imagination run with this
one...

Oh, this should definitly be for K1 since there
are actual 'romances' in K1

So, anyone up for this :)
 svцsh
11-05-2005, 6:39 PM
Ya sounds like an idea ;) the force power I’m not sure about but maybe Darth333 could pull it off, but the other stuff no problem and I guess it would be fitting to add to the other fun theme mods.

:D Thanks I’m really glad you where one of the few to enjoy the k1 Christmas mod, the first time I got my character in the Santa hat with beard I nearly fell of my chair laughing. It’s the fun ones that bring back the real joy of modding.

svцsh
 mjpb3
11-05-2005, 7:18 PM
oh dear...

I saw the screenies of the Christmas mod and about died,
then when I installed it, I laughed for hours :laugh6:

The Halloween mod was too funny for words, even though
you guys (and gals) did a bang up job on the weapons

:jester1:

I'm glad you like my idea. The force power doesn't have
to be done, it was just an idea... but it WOULD be funny :p )
 Darkkender
11-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I have enjoyed all of the themed mods including the k1 Halloween themed skins that one modder made. This would be totally cool to have a valentines day themed one. Who knows maybe with enough time we could do a easter themed one as well with Literal Easter Eggs. :D
 DuffmanDan
11-06-2005, 11:31 AM
blowing kiss's huh?

I have an idea as to how that MIGHT be possible in k2, k1 might be a bit harder.

We have force scream in k2, and i can easily make a new sound for it that sounds like wet smacking lipps xp, the problem would be changing the appearance of the rings of sound into heart shapes or whatever. Thats not something I have even looked into yet, but from what I've seen done around this place, it might be possible, but not with an animation of the person blowing someone a kiss. The only possibilities I could think of are-

use the standard force cast animation, and have someone saying "Gotcha!" or something else equally silly at the end of the sound we associate with the force power. Have the person being hit get knocked back or something at the end of it, being "floored" as it were, by the power of the kiss.

fir k2, you could use the crush animation or rage (scream), same idea for the effect of the power.

As to the damage assoicated with it-
reduces the persons will saves obviously :p and ups the caster's charisma.

We'd have to have this in both games, it'd be too funny either way. I love the idea of knocking bastila, handmaiden, and visas off thier feet with my kisses xD
 mjpb3
11-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Duffman, what about using Force Valor in both games. You could change the animation of the white light surrounding the head to an animation of like the swirling birdy effect from cartoons, like being knocked stupid, but change the birdies to hearts???

Also, change the targeting of Force Valor from being cast on all party members to being cast on a specific target...

That could be used in either game...

Anyway, just and idea...
 DuffmanDan
11-06-2005, 5:17 PM
there is the effect that you have when you have been "Stunned", and you have white lines circleing your head.

I have no experiance with this kinda thing, all i'm saying is that there are effects/force powers that are there, that if nothing else, the sounds (certainly) and images(possibly) COULD be edited to look and sound silly just for the occasion of v-day, but -

getting the powers to do different things.........that is left in the hands of the scripters, as I have no clue how to change how the force powers behave, or add new ones.

One of the easier possiblities for the "kiss" is to simply alter force push (sound) and if you stun them, the images displayed (this is a MAYBE, no idea what that image even looks like, or if there is one, but the sound would be simple to make and change)

the force valor idea is quite intriqueing. I know the flashes of light appear, get bigger, shrink, and disappear, but the idea of changing those to hearts/littl' birdies is quite amuseing to picture.

and on a slighty silly note-
this could get quite bad hehe, and remember not everyone (guys and girls included) has had good v-day experiances in the past, so some of the better idea people might not want to have anything to do with this ;)

so we shall just have to drag them out into the light of day and say "You WILL do this" {/force pursueade}

personaly i have both good and bad memories of v-day, more bad then good but meh. These ideas are just silly enough to get me to laugh so what the heck, i'd be willing to pitch in however i can.
 mjpb3
11-06-2005, 5:31 PM
I can just imagine the hearts surrounding one of my NPC party member's head as my femme Revan blows a force kiss strong enough to move a mountain :) (can you guess who?)

This will be so cool if someone can actually do something with the force blow kiss idea :)

Oh, and V Day is fun for some, but one should always remember that it is a made-up holiday created to sell V Day cards. You should never worry too much about it :)

Valentine's doesn't mean too much hooey to us old married couples
(hubby and I will be married 9 years November 9)
the ones who put a lot of stock in V Day are newlyweds and new couples.

It's a fun holiday, but it's just a day :)

I just thought with the whole romantic theme of KotOR 1 that it would be fun to do a Valentine's Day mod...

Have fun with it whoever wants to try :)
 DuffmanDan
11-07-2005, 1:29 AM
well, from the sound of things, there might be hope for a prodject like this, even if its just me acting silly and tossing in some sounds and images :P

as for darkkenders' idea about easter, that might also be hilarious. have a jawa in a bunny outfit or a tach with different color'd fur or a gizka or something amusing. explosives that you can hurl at enemies that are shaped like big festive eggs, and so on.

gives me an idea - might have to find the texture for the sonic or ion grenade and make that into a snowball xD and other christmassy goodness. Re-texture the force pike or quarterstaff into a candycane. Or have a "Peppermint" lightsaber or something. maybe have some more fun with the k1 xmas mod, just for giggles. I never actualy played with it, just saw screenies, so i dont know what all is in it, but now i'm getting all sorts of holiday theme'd ideas for mods now >.< xD

if nothing else - keep watching this thread for some more silly antics
 mjpb3
11-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Another silly idea just came to me:

what about a 'mask' shaped like a head antenna with hearts on it?

Sort of like this...

http://www.graveyardproductions.com/images/products/BC08GD.gif)

...but with hearts?

Sort of like the 'head arrow thingy' from the Halloween mod?

LOL!
 DuffmanDan
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
*chuckles* THAT might be interesting indeed

an idea for the weapon maker's out there -

the bowcaster idea for cupid's arrows, i'd be more inclined to base it on a sonic weapon - just do some image work on the weapon's bolts (change them to red or pink, and change the rings they leave behind to hearts) and a different sound maybe? A pistol shaped like a bow and arrow? That would probably require some baseitems.2da work unless im mistaken (too keep it seperate from the other sonic effects for guns) I think someone did the same for tsl with an ion holdout blaster?

*Shrugs* ill look at the images for the weapons effects and force powers when i get a day off and can just tinker with new toys ;)
 Darth333
11-07-2005, 11:53 PM
maybe have some more fun with the k1 xmas mod, just for giggles. I never actualy played with it, just saw screenies, so i dont know what all is in it, but now i'm getting all sorts of holiday theme'd ideas for mods now >.< xD
Here it is:
http://pcgamemods.com/mod/9312.html) :D It includes a Candy cane Blaster rifle

I'd be willing to do something but am not too sure about how you imagine the force power thing :confused:
 DuffmanDan
11-08-2005, 12:51 AM
idea for new force power number one-
-force kiss
You blow a kiss at a target (hostile) and he/she become's "stuned" by the power of the kiss, and has thier will save's lowered for a short period of time. This will also temporarily increase the caster's charisma. The target of a successfull attack will have little hearts floating around thier heads (like stun, only different shape and color ;))

the animation for this would probably be the simple cast animation (strech hand out and so on) and the sound would be an overly wet kiss *smack*

-force charm (friendly power, similar to valor)
the caster uses the power, and all party members of the opposite gender swoon over the caster. The targeted characters get a boost to defence and will saves, and the caster get's a boost to charisma. Those effected by the power will have little hearts dancing in front of thier eye's (valor, but red hearts instead of white blue sparks)

casting animation - a dance *chuckle* and the sound - a wolf wistle
 mjpb3
01-26-2006, 7:30 PM
I know I am not supposed to bump, I swear I do, and I will never ever do this again, but I was simply curious if this mod was being considered anymore? You know, with Valentine's Day approaching and all...

Ok, moderators come and pop me across the knuckles with a ruler
(I'm sorry :crybaby: )
Page: 1 of 1