Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What if......Kotor 3

Page: 1 of 1
 Killwithhonor
11-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I think it would be cool if you could customize your party, like, you start out with 3 members and you can choose their background, alignment, dark or light, bounty hunter, jedi, ect..... customize the faces and stuff, That would be very cool, so the storyline would change upon what your characters say and their attitude and such. Even though lucas or whoever is developing the game probally wont do this, i think it would be cool if it was in the game, what do you think?
 RobQel-Droma
11-05-2005, 1:08 PM
It might be cool, I have thought about this, but it might take away from the story too, and it might make characters lose special abilities or things because of it.
 The Doctor
11-05-2005, 2:14 PM
I don't think it would be a good idea. It sounds to complicated for my taste.
 The_Maker
11-05-2005, 2:20 PM
I agree with the doctor, it might be cool for some characters but making it so complex you can choose how many nostril hairs they have sounds a little ridiculous to me... :sign2:
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-05-2005, 6:20 PM
I think that it is better to leave the characters to the main story. It's better that way, rather than to customize them yourself. It would work in any other RPG because RPG's are bassicly that: developing certain characters. But KOTOR is more of a plot-driven RPG.
 RobQel-Droma
11-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Exactly what you said Vlad.

That might be nice as I said before, but it would take away from what the characters would be if they were actually their own. It would just be a bunch of "you" running around, nothing interesting.
 Soogz
11-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Eh, I would rather have a generic party, but you could decide what class you want them. Hey that's what KSE is for. hehe :)
 Sabretooth
11-06-2005, 2:32 AM
That is a little too far... and complicated. And there won't be variety and such anymore. The character storylines will get mixed up and all. Overall, it's a very complicated plan.

Sabre's vote: No.
 MdKnightR
11-06-2005, 2:36 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea. It sounds to complicated for my taste.

PB&J is too complicated for your tastes :xp: (Just kidding!)

But seriously, I don't think it would be a very good idea. Think about it, you don't get to pick the face, background, and profession of the friends you have in your real life, so why should you be able to in a game?
 TreeX
11-06-2005, 3:06 AM
Think about it, you don't get to pick the face, background, and profession of the friends you have in your real life, so why should you be able to in a game?

/me calls off the plastic surgeons for neighbors
 The Doctor
11-06-2005, 3:52 PM
PB&J is too complicated for your tastes :xp: (Just kidding!)

But seriously, I don't think it would be a very good idea. Think about it, you don't get to pick the face, background, and profession of the friends you have in your real life, so why should you be able to in a game?

O yeah, well.... I know you are, but what am I? (yes, that is supposed to sound lame).

Anyway, I didn't think about that. It would make the game far to unrealistic. Besides, if we could do as you suggest, I would make all my party members into hot, young, lonely women:xp:
 Sabretooth
11-07-2005, 2:07 AM
What I wanted to say the other time, but forgot:

That would make the game a Star Wars version of The Sims, where you customise and make everything. That's like making a new game itself.
 RedHawke
11-07-2005, 3:02 AM
That would make the game a Star Wars version of The Sims, where you customise and make everything.
Nooooooooooo! :vadar:

This just seemed to fit! :D
 Aurora Merlow
11-07-2005, 5:20 AM
it would detract from the storyline a bit, as in kotor and tsl it was a pivitol part of the game finding out about your characters past and personality
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 7:16 PM
To customize your party is like trying to change your friends into what you want them to be and not what they are. Personally, I would opt for more people you can choose to be in your party.
 ilwugoalie
11-21-2005, 8:13 PM
^I could go with the idea of having more people in your party.... and on a the idea of being able to set up the people in your party. In TSL, we could turn some into Jedi/Sith... for me thats more than enough controll over them. :sithm:
 Axe Windu
11-22-2005, 2:33 AM
I kinda agree with gold yoda. Itd be sweet to have more people in your party, different races (like BaoDur was nice in TSL), and maybe even more costumization. Like I dont like how Visas/Kreia/Mandalore always looked the same or BaoDur couldnt use robes... so more clothes and options and masks and etc. But having influence over there alignment and abilities and items is enough. Come on look at the classic Star Wars characters in your party. The Assassin Driod, the Sparky Utility Driod, the Old Grumpy Jedi, and then the characters in TSL which cant be described in 3 words like Atton (who I describe as Hon Solo if Hon Solo if Hon Solo was an Evil Sith Assassin). I mean more or less every character either is cool or has potentual to be cool and there all very diverse. Though I did want to kill Carth sooo badly. I mean I can not tell you how many dreams I had about killing Carth. If in K3 there was a point where if your dark side you get to kill the **** outve Carth I would have tears of Joy. I would replay it again and again and explore the many possible ways of his death. This reminds me of my hour or so of taking every weapon possible and firing it at 343 Guilty Spark hoping there was someway he could die... Ughh anyway even though I hate him he was cool because he had a defined role and now because hes an Admiral. If you have Admiral in your title your cool. So to sum this all up: Nay
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Customizing the entire party would kill any story line for the game. This would force them to leave the story line so open to the many options, that the original would end up being crap.

Very confusing with no continuity, which, IMO would take away from the experience that the first two games have established and would be about as fun as a pile of bantha poodoo.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind at all though if there was a little more of a selection or a way to customize the main character's face.
(But only if it doesn't take away from any other aspect of the game).
 ilwugoalie
11-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Customizing the entire party would kill any story line for the game. This would force them to leave the story line so open to the many options, that the original would end up being crap.

Very confusing with no continuity, which, IMO would take away from the experience that the first two games have established and would be about as fun as a pile of bantha poodoo.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind at all though if there was a little more of a selection or a way to customize the main character's face.
(But only if it doesn't take away from any other aspect of the game).

What Axe Windu ment by customization was only about there clothing and appearance. not about there story lines.... if indeed you were speaking of his post
 JediMaster12
11-22-2005, 3:24 PM
^I could go with the idea of having more people in your party.... and on a the idea of being able to set up the people in your party. In TSL, we could turn some into Jedi/Sith... for me thats more than enough controll over them. :sithm:

Actually, you can persuade them to become Jedi/Sith if you have rapport/influence with them. :vader3:
Page: 1 of 1