Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle Weakpoints

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Alec
11-04-2005, 4:12 PM
I see (and feel) a need for the weakpoint area's on various vehicles:

AT-AT: the neck.
AT-ST: in the back, slightly under the head.
AAT: in the back, easy to find.

I don't know the rest, can anyone else contribute?
 Jennaida
11-04-2005, 4:19 PM
The AT-AT should have an extreme vulnerability on the bottom of the hull. This only really matters when one is playing as Luke, but its noticable, you can't slash it open to simulate using the drawline, saber, and grenade combo from ESB.
 master_skywalke
11-05-2005, 10:05 AM
you can't slash it open to simulate using the drawline, saber, and grenade combo from ESB.
It would be cool if you could, but I think it will take some time before games get that detailed.
 Jennaida
11-05-2005, 6:57 PM
I'm not saying that it should be possible to do the whole 3 part thing, just that with Jedi high-jump/flight, you can jump up to the bottom of it, and reach it with a lightsaber. It should have a weak spot if you slash it there. that would be close enough to "simulate" it within game limits.
 CountDooku
11-07-2005, 5:07 AM
I believe the only unit capable of scoring a critical hit is the vangaurd even though other classes have explosive weapons, a landmine on the foot is more effective than a rocket to the neck.
 zerted
11-07-2005, 5:38 AM
Every unit can score a critical hit. It shows up differently on your corsshair. Just the blasters don't do as much damage as a rocket or time bomb. Every weapon does more damage on a critical hit.

The rebel tank has critical locations on the black 'pipes' on each side of it.
The imperial tank has a critical location at its center back (there is a black hole there).
The AT-AE has a critical location under its front on the cylinder shape.
The CIS tank has a critical location on its center back.
The rebel and imperial intercepters and fighters have critical locations on their exact back center.
The CIS 'laser walker' vehicle has critical hit locations on the two cylinderswhere its legs meet its body,
The CIS hellfire has a critical hit location on its lower weapon on its main body.
The treaded CIS vehicle on Kashyyyk has its critical hit location on its smaller wheel. I forgot its name.

The Republic two-legged walker isn't on here because I always snipe the driver. Its much faster than blowing up the vehicle.
 MandaloreBIC
11-15-2005, 2:05 AM
don't forget that the ATAT weak spot is the neck (the known easiest way to get a demolition bonus)
 Darth Alec
11-15-2005, 9:02 AM
Is it the small one in the back or the ones on the side?
 GankinShameless
11-16-2005, 2:05 AM
cmon, what about the AT-TE or other Geonosian vehicles?
or the 2 tank types, where are their weak points? :lightning
 zerted
11-16-2005, 6:14 AM
The AT-AE has a critical location under its front on the cylinder shape.
The CIS 'laser walker' vehicle has critical hit locations on the two cylinderswhere its legs meet its body,
The CIS hellfire has a critical hit location on its lower weapon on its main body.

I already posted them.
 PoiuyWired
11-16-2005, 1:07 PM
Oh, "chicken Walker" have its weak points at the back, right under the head.
 MagnaGuard
11-25-2005, 8:31 PM
Weak points for AT-ATs are also in the knees, but it can be slightly annoying to get a lock-on. Also, I have never had a lock-on to the neck and turrets do the same damage everywhere
Page: 1 of 1