Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More heads please!

Page: 1 of 1
 MdKnightR
11-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Would someone please make some more female heads for K1? Or maybe point me in the direction of a mod that already exists? I almost always play female characters in that game and I only like 3 of the possible choices.

Also, I was thinking about the possibility of having a new head for the exile that really looks battle-hardened. If it is possible, have him missing an ear and have a long, nasty scar starting on his jaw and running down his neck. Any takers?
 The_Maker
11-04-2005, 4:32 PM
The problem is most head models are half-wrapped, in short they mirror themselves so if I put a scar on a head wrap (skin) it would go both ways and end up looking like an X. However there are some heads (like PMC01, or Azkul) that have a unique scar section that can be reskinned but I do not think there are any special heads that have the neck wrapped in that special way.

Another problem is that most female heads have already been used so unoless you want to go around looking like every other NPC you're more or less stuck. PCGM has some nice female head mods if you searched there but since we (not yet anyways) can't model new heads your stuck with the ones pre-made by the devs :(

Theoretically both of your requests are do-able but the odds of them happening are slim to none. If you'd like I can reskin the PMC01 head but it won't look exactly how you want it...

Edit: I found some links to new Female PC heads for K1 but not a lot:
Here (http://btstudios.us/mods/mariana.html), Here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5609.html), and you might want to consider asking Darth Meliginous to make a K1 version of This (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13089.html) mod.
 MdKnightR
11-05-2005, 1:01 AM
I don't see why someone couldn't just make a new head from scratch or tweak and existing model. There have been a few tweaked heads in TSL (the Remodeled Dopak Head for instance) that look quite different from the originals. Most every one that exists for K1 is just a simple recoloring.

I know that Azkul is like the only one who has a unique scar area, but surely someone who is skilled with 3d Studio Max could come up with one from scratch if they really wanted to.
 Darth333
11-05-2005, 7:12 AM
I don't remember seeing new modified head models as we saw in k2 (like t7's Dopak head) for k1 but there is a reason for this: Taina's replacer tool came out only after the release of TSL. However, making new heads from scratch is still impossible.
 Kristy Kistic
11-05-2005, 1:32 PM
FYI I'm currently working on a female head for K1. (modified model)
 MdKnightR
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
FYI I'm currently working on a female head for K1. (modified model)

Thank you so much for trying!

@ D333 - Why is it not possible? I don't pretend to understand how 3d modeling works, but it seems to me that making a new head model wouldn't be too much more difficult than making saber hilts. Unless it has something to do with animations (which is probably the case, isn't it?). In any event, just a modified model of a few existing heads would be nice. There simply aren't as many choices of stock heads in K1 as there are in K2.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-06-2005, 8:57 AM
Why is it not possible? I don't pretend to understand how 3d modeling works, but it seems to me that making a new head model wouldn't be too much more difficult than making saber hilts. Unless it has something to do with animations (which is probably the case, isn't it?).
Bingo ;)

Heads lose their ability to use their mouth.. (though for some NPC's that'd be a godsend.. hehehe)... by using Tania's Replacer Tool, we can manipulate exisitng models so that the animations are saved, but making one from scratch still presents the "melded mouth" problem... :(

However, there are alot of models existing in TSL that can make almost any head possible with enough skill, patience and curse words.. hehehe...
 MdKnightR
11-06-2005, 4:08 PM
However, there are alot of models existing in TSL that can make almost any head possible with enough skill, patience and curse words.. hehehe...

Well, there are plenty of head mods for TSL. I want some for K1.
 DuffmanDan
11-06-2005, 5:22 PM
quick question, is there a link to Tania's Replacer Tool? and a tutorial that I havn't seen?

this is mainly just because there are a few little things that irritate me about some of the pc heads that I wouldnt want to bother others with if i could do it myself.

and i'd like to find out of I have the skill and patience to do it myself before I ask :p
Page: 1 of 1