Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

There is something wrong with one of the add-ons on your page

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkJediMaster
01-20-2001, 3:01 PM
I just found out about this site yesterday. I was really fascinated with it. I have X-Wing Alliance, and I think it's the coolest game ever made. I just beat it yesterday. Anyway, the add-on on your page for XWA version 2.02, the one that lets you fly almost any ship in skirmish, doesn't work for me. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and everything. The folder i got for it contained a readme file and a shiplist. I immediately started up XWA. I went to the combat simulators. I clicked "quick skirmish" but when i was choosing my vehicle, i could still only fly fighters. I exited XWA and checked the readme file. It only contained installation for multiplayer, but not single player. I turned on XWA again, and it still didn't work. Can you guys help me? I'd really love to fly a stardestroyer!!!

------------------
†‡ The Dark Lord ‡†
 Chris Lightwalker
01-20-2001, 6:16 PM
You don't have to go to the internet to get a patch that you can fly any ship in Skirmish. In your X-Wing Alliance directory, look for shiplist. If you have noticed on the fighters it says flyable, choose the ship which you want to use in skirmish example a Corvette, and where it says unflyable, rename flyable. I done this and it works!
 DarkJediMaster
01-20-2001, 6:25 PM
I'm not really good with computers, and i don't what a directory is. i went on windows explorer, and opened the x-wing alliance folder, but there was nothing called shiplist
 DarkJediMaster
01-20-2001, 6:25 PM
I'm not really good with computers, and i don't what a directory is. i went on windows explorer, and opened the x-wing alliance folder, but there was nothing called shiplist

------------------
†‡ The Dark Lord ‡†
 Sakaki
01-22-2001, 11:39 PM
Idiot programmers to the rescue! (this is an insult to me, saying I am an idiot programmer...)

Go back to the XWA folder. Look for a file named Shiplist.txt and then edit it in a word processor (or click on it, that'll do the same thing).

Normally the directory (or folder) is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\XWingAlliance\
(That can be seen near the top of Windows Explorer).

Now, the file will be called Shiplist or Shiplist.txt, depending on your computer settings. Double click on it, edit the craft, badda-ing, badda-boom, done. ^^

The shiplist file should have an icon like a notebook, unless you have it set otherwise on your system.

That help?

------------------
I'm new at this. Bear with me if my questions are odd...
 DarkJediMaster
01-24-2001, 4:53 PM
I did that. I turned the SSD, ISD, ISD II, VSD, VSD II, everything. I set it all to "flyable" by deleting the word "non" and capitalizing the word flyable. Still, it didn't work.

------------------
†‡ The Dark Lord ‡†
Page: 1 of 1