Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Page: 1 of 4
 Rudolphski
10-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Does anyone have any info on what the Auto Turrets are that the sniper class carry? Is it some type of mini turret that can guard your back or defend a location while you move to new ground?
 T10
10-24-2005, 5:18 AM
It's a small floating droid that looks like a grey interrogation droid from the DS. It fires when people go near it, and is as scary as a crouching Greivous.
 0MERCURY0
10-24-2005, 1:49 PM
sweet this will come in hande when im sniping on endor.
 Rudolphski
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Awsome! I can't wait to try that out on Hoth. The number of cool things that come to mind are just plain awsome. There have been so many cases were I've found a great sniping location just to get killed by a single pilot that has found me in a not so great position to defend myself.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 1:20 AM
The auto turret is going to be fun to use.
 alex533
10-26-2005, 3:50 PM
lol, auto turret sux, cant kill for ****
 ET Warrior
10-26-2005, 6:54 PM
One would imagine that the aut turret isn't meant to kill other people, so much as it's meant to give you warning that someone approaches.
 Darth Alec
10-27-2005, 9:04 AM
Or to give your position up. If someone just walks past not looking for anyone, they'll get shot at and will know someone's there.
 zerted
10-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I've been able to jump on the auto turret (frendly of course) to get to better places...
 MandaloreBIC
11-03-2005, 12:42 AM
lol how would the person know if the sniper who put the turrent down is gone or not? and using turrents as stepping stones are a great idea.....
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 8:34 AM
Well now the game is out we all know the auto turret thing is crap.
 jaemz
11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't say it is crap... just another tool.

What you really need is 3 snipers at the same place to drop their turrets together, I am sure a couple of these together will be alot more effective.
 Samduhman
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I talked a bunch of guys into buying the first one at or LAN party and then it bombed horribly with them! I felt like an idiot. We went back to Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament 2004. Two main reasons it bombed, the maps where to small especially for the space fighters and some people just didn't like the way the graphics looked. We loved playing Jedi Knight Outcast in its day but just couldn't get into Battlefront.
 jaemz
11-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Better is pretty subjective. Personally I am having a blast playing this online... the space battles are amazing.
Will your friends like it more than the first SWBF? Well that is hard to answer... but I would bet money they will like it more than the first one. I would recomend getting this one, trying it out yourself... and then see if you will recomend it.
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
In every way, this game is better than it's predesessor,
Get it, if only just for you.
 Tyler_Durden
11-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Well I'll be objective and say that from the reviews I've read, the game's pretty much the same as the first one except there's more content added plus there's a coherent single player campaign. I read that some maps, such as Rhen Var and Tatooine were taken out completely and the game's pretty much about the space battles and the Jedi, though IGN points out that the Jedi are kind of twitchy and the overall game is more arcade like (quake) as opposed to sim like (battlefield). Once I have the game, I'll put a non-hype review up.
 richo
11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi, I want to buy this game as I had a blast playing the last game online. But I wanted a definite answer to the question in the title.

So, can you crouch or prone in the game? It would annoy the hell out of me if I couldn't. Especially if I was a sniper, I would be a sitting duck if I was standing and sniping.

I remember reading somewhere that you can crouch but not prone, but I have also heard that if you press and hold the crouch key you prone. So I am a bit confused.

Also does this game have widescreen support?

Thanks
Richo
 rut-wa jodar
11-03-2005, 12:39 PM
you can definately crouch,but not prone
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 1:25 PM
I wouldn't say it is crap... just another tool.

What you really need is 3 snipers at the same place to drop their turrets together, I am sure a couple of these together will be alot more effective.

I agree....
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 1:27 PM
In every way, this game is better than it's predesessor,
Get it, if only just for you.

:wstupid:
 richo
11-03-2005, 2:18 PM
I don't see why they have taken it out???? I doubt I'll buy it.

Thanks for the reply.
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 4:08 PM
What an intelligent post commanderobiwan.
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 4:10 PM
You aren't buying it because you can't go prone?

Heres an idea, be something other than a sniper once in a while.
 Vagabond
11-03-2005, 5:11 PM
You can still snipe, even if you're not prone. I agree that I wish being prone were still in the game, but that seems like an odd reason to not get the game. The rest of the game seems to be pretty fun to me.
 deamonomic
11-03-2005, 7:54 PM
ok all i want to know is what the space battle is like. im going to buy the game, but cant do so for a while. can you tae over a ship and turn it agianst its own fleet? or blow it up? or do you just occopie it and pray they dont come and take it back? (xbox version)

"judge not, lest ye be judged"
 zerted
11-03-2005, 8:28 PM
Each ship is like a standard vehicle (only with no wheels). You can steal enemy ships. To do so, you must land in the enemies fighter bay, wait for a ship to respawn (not long) and jump in. You now control that ship.
 Izzybaz
11-03-2005, 8:38 PM
I'm not sure you can steal a BIG ship, like a Star Destroyer. You can enter them and run around, kill more people, steal a small fighter and leave. I haven't tried to steal a Star Destroyer though.
 Jennaida
11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
If you press and hold the crouch key, you get down onto one knee for a lower crouch. No prone. Which doesn't bother me in the least, since I've never gone prone deliberately in the original.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
You can't steal a Star Destroyer. :vsd:
 jaemz
11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
The space battles are what really make this game awesome in my books. Each side (usually) has a star destroyer (type ship) and a friggot style ship. The SD has the spawn point, starfighter bay, turret command room and sometimes a destroyable warp core. The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much).

From the launch bay, if you hop into one of the many types of star fighters, or troop transports... you lift off and fly out of the bay and into space. Prepare to dogfight, avoid turret fire, fly around obsticles and shoot anything that moves.

I could go on for hours about the space battles, but I would rather play them. Hope that helps, see you online.
 Rogue3
11-03-2005, 11:48 PM
I have battle front for the PC and its awsome! the only thing is I cant get rid of those damn objective details, ya know the ones that pause the game and explain what u need to do I CANT GET RID OF THEM! I've gone into the options menu and I dont see the "Always show objective details" I gone into the options menu both in and out of the game and still nothing! a little help plse other then that the game is awsome! I love the story of the 501st
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 12:16 AM
oh jaemz you can bet youll see me... i just hope everyone dont go to the xbox 360 by the time i get it...i have to wait till december 17th but i just got sw3: revenge of the sith. and i played the short... short... shoooort, demo of the space battle, it was fun, but ultimatly TOO SHORT! i only had 3 min... wich makes me... disgruntled... lol... anyways i noticed. you can destory a ships engine... does that have any real effect on the ship? like does it affect the threat of that ship? like if it has no engines it becomes a low priority target. anyways thanks for the info.

"judge not, lest ye be judged"
 TK209
11-04-2005, 1:04 AM
Read somewhere that the developers took out the 'prone' feature because no one used it. Seems the game moves too fast for it sometimes to be useful
 MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 1:32 AM
poeple!!! there's already a thred for this.... lol i spelled it like the naboo capital, threed
 MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 1:37 AM
not at all, you have to get to 180 points to win, when you kill off the engine it gies you 40 points i think (major compont) the other small ocuncils give you 1, the turrents give you 1, the starfighetsr give you 1, bomber 2, trooper trans 5 and such, you can destroy all systems in the other guy's ship and not win!!!! you have to get to 180 point!!!!
 MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 2:00 AM
so? it't actually helpful at times, just press attack to kill it, not much trouble at all... and no you can't turn it off....
 Rogue3
11-04-2005, 4:39 AM
doh but thanks man, I guess it aint so bad, now to get the hang of flying down...
 zerted
11-04-2005, 4:47 AM
...The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much)...
Friggots give you about 14 or 19 points for blowing them up. In the beta, they are sort of off to the side and don't do much, but in the other space maps, they are between the two main ships and their turrets will pick your fleet to pieces unless you take tem out. So far, I've seen a max of 3 Friggots per team on a few space maps (the beta just has 1 per team).
 richo
11-04-2005, 6:43 AM
You aren't buying it because you can't go prone?

Heres an idea, be something other than a sniper once in a while.

What's your problem? I don't play as a sniper all the time. I hardly ever do. It's just I don't want to be restricted in my movements at all.

For any one who played the first game for any length of time should be able to confirm this, my user name was casanova.
 Vagabond
11-04-2005, 7:42 AM
I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.
 richo
11-04-2005, 8:33 AM
I still might buy it Vagabond as so many people who played the first one liked the second. It's just with FPS games, when your attacking the command posts it's nice to be able to prone, ie, make yourself a smaller target.

I loved the first game regardless of its problems, and do miss the multiplayer action. Thats it, I'm off to special reserve to get my copy.

By the way, is there a large number of online players yet?
 Jennaida
11-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I think "orbital bombardment" basically is replaced by the exploding scout drone for the class that has it, basically. Orbital Bombard was fun though, I admit ;)
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 2:09 PM
cool. i know u can blow up the bridge... but i ask.. wouldnt that take the ship outa the battle? cause you cant very well control a ship with out the bridge.
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 2:35 PM
ok i have yet another qustion, can you play as the dark side? i mean on every mission? i cant remember if the first one did that..... also with the jedi... do you get to play them as long as their health stays up?
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 2:48 PM
also are the missions really timed??? (xbox)
 Neon
11-04-2005, 3:08 PM
Sorry, but I have no idea about your x-box question.
And I think they are playable on both sides.
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 3:26 PM
are the games really timed like in the demo's?
 DarthMuffin
11-04-2005, 3:54 PM
Some *objectives* are timed in the campaign. Such as protecting area X for Y seconds, or recovering X in Y seconds. Entire battles are not timed. (This is for the PC, but I think it should be the same for the X-BOX).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with Dark Side. Playable Sith are only to the Impire and CIS.
 Darth Alec
11-04-2005, 4:16 PM
Try to use the edit button, that helps.
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 6:13 PM
are the missions really timed? i was just playin the demo and it only gave me 3 minutes in the space battle.... if it is that would be a real let down... but id stull buy it. i like fighting as a jedi
Page: 1 of 4