Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dual SWBF2 Copies Giving Lost Connections

Page: 1 of 1
 -(DW)-Slade[HM]
11-03-2005, 5:49 PM
We have Lost Connections when playing two copies of SWBF2 on our pair of Xbox machines or on our pair of PC copies as well (yep, we're fanatics and play on both platforms even though it was an ouch to shell out $200 for the four copies). The PC copies share the lost connection issue to the GameSpy servers in similar fashion to the Xboxes losing their Xbox Live connections when the 2nd machine loads a Multiplayer game over the Internet. All mahines go through the same cable modem/SMC router hardware setup.

For the Xboxes, they connect to Xbox Live on the cable modem internet connection using an SMC barricade router that has both Xboxes in its DMZ zone to bypass all port filtering and firewall functions. We just started running Star Wars Battlefront 2 in multiplayer mode on both Xboxes, but it won't work at the same time on both when playing Star Wars Battlefront 2.

One Xbox will run fine, but the other gets a dropped connection if we start up the 2nd Xbox and load a Multiplyer Internet game. We've tried changing the order of start-up and the same result: the first machine gets a Lost Connection error when the 2nd one goes into a Multiplayer game. We've run several other games such as SWBF1 and Republic Commando on the pair of Xboxes with the same exact Internet setup with no issues whatever.

For the PCs, the 2nd machine will not connect into the GameSpy listings to start a Multiplayer game if the other PC is already playing an online game. This is also true when we run the new SWBF2 dedicated server on one machine and try to hook into GameSpay with the other one- no dice.

Anyone know what the issue might be?
 zerted
11-03-2005, 8:38 PM
Are your two computers on the same router/switch going out to the internet?
 -(DW)-Slade[HM]
11-04-2005, 9:33 AM
Yes, they all go through the same SMC Barricade router and Toshiba cable modem in front of that. The PC's are within the firewall zone of the router with port forwarding set up for all the port numbers I could find in the Lucas tech support area (27900, 28900, 29900-29901, 6500, 7777, etc...), and the Xboxes are both in the DMZ of the router which makes them completely open to the Internet connection.

I can put one of the PC's on my DSL backup line and connect just fine with both PC's running SWBF2, but the cable modem is much faster and I'd rather use that line since we will soon cancel the DSL line. I'm wondering if the router just can't handle the load or the cable modem.
 zerted
11-04-2005, 5:38 PM
If it works when one computer is not connected through the router, the router is most likely the problem. Both games might be trying to use the same ports causeing trouble with each other.
Page: 1 of 1