Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What I hope happens in KOTOR 3:

Page: 1 of 1
 kotorfan84
11-03-2005, 2:48 PM
I hope you start this game out as a child in the jedi enclave. The exile is the jedi master in charge, and some others could be the handmadien, the disciple, Mira, Visas and Atton. Probably very few Jedi Knights (10 or so), and a few older padawan's because the order is being rebuilt. They start you off as a padawan and the exile being your mentor. Just for fun, maybe they throw in a few side quest around the enclave where you can meet the other padawans your age (who will be your party members laster). For future love intrests, I'd say mainly you run into 1 same sex padawan (kinda your rival) and 1 opposite sex padawan.

Then you can be young adult and actually go on missions/training with the exile. Probably just a few missions where you two end up splitting up and meetting later so that you never get to see how strong the exile has become (BTW they probably won't want to give you a lightsaber this early, but in ep. 3, some of the little kids had lightsabers, so I don't see why not). Maybe another few missions that allow you to enteract with the other padawan's your age at the academy (At this point, most of the older Padawans are Jedi Knights). At this point, you begin to ask questions about how the jedi order almost got wiped out, which can lead you to find out about the exile's past and about Revan (who's still missing at this point). Coicidentally the masters begin to feel a dark pressence looming.

Next, your an adult probably mid 20s or so and the time has come for your trials. You and 2 other padawan's (1 male, 1 female) are to investegate a strange pressence in the force the masters have sensed on an outer rim world(can't be anything too much b/c the masters would just do it themselves). After defeating him/her you report to the council and you and your 2 companions are now Jedi Knights.

Now that you all are fully trained Jedi Knights, the council can send you on more important missions. Probably 1 other more experienced Jedi joins your party and you set off to the previous planet to find more information. Of course during you Journey you should be able to influence your party. I'd say your "rival" should always be the opposite allignment as you (which will lead to a showdown about half way through the game).

From that point it's so many ways the developers could make this game, so I won't go into that. Of course they will find a way to include T3-M4 and HK-47, and a few non jedi party members (Maybe the game will leave the last spot for party members as optional, and on each planet there will be a force sensative you can train, with the permission of the coucil of course, but you can only choose one).
 Prime
11-03-2005, 2:58 PM
I do not want to play a child.
 kotorfan84
11-03-2005, 3:04 PM

what i'm talking about is similar to fable, the whole child to adult thing shouldn't be more than an hour imo.
 The_Maker
11-03-2005, 3:15 PM
Me neither :dozey:

Why would you WANT to be a kid anyways?

And all of one hour into an adult? In Kotor 1 and 2 time passage was almost non-existant and now you want our PC to magically gro-up in less than an hour of gameplay? And what if the exile was DS, what if Visas died? What if the Handmaiden hated your guts? Your story idea has too many plot holes :eekanime:
 kotorfan84
11-03-2005, 3:27 PM
Me neither :dozey:

Why would you WANT to be a kid anyways?

And all of one hour into an adult? In Kotor 1 and 2 time passage was almost non-existant and now you want our PC to magically gro-up in less than an hour of gameplay?

I'm not saying after an hour, you magically go from 5 to 25, I'm trying to say the first stage when your a child, may take all of 10-15 minutes kinda like the into in kotor 2. After completing the last mission in that part, maybe the game shows a cut scene letting you know x amount of years have passed and you;re no longer a child but a young adult. Next you do a few missions so you can get a few levels. Since this part represents your Jedi training it may take 20-25 minutes. After this maybe another cutscene letting you know that you are even older, and you must complete the trials.

And what if the exile was DS, what if Visas died? What if the Handmaiden hated your guts? Your story idea has too many plot holes :eekanime:

For them to make a game that links the first two, they're almost going to have to give us some sort of difinitive answer as to what happened. The way I see it, if the exile was DS, all the jedi are dead. They could easily come up for an explanation as to where the new jedi came from, but the easiest thing to believe is the exile rebuild the order.
 Bastila
11-03-2005, 4:18 PM
what i'm talking about is similar to fable, the whole child to adult thing shouldn't be more than an hour imo.

No not like fabel, i don't want to start of as a child and have the exile in it that much.
 Darth Serebus
11-03-2005, 5:53 PM
No fable please..I think however, Ive mentioned this before, you do have a mission/ trial later in the game that you must take when you were a child which could change who you are as a character. Because it will give you some insight on who your character was, and how they grew up, yet it doesnt entirely effect the logistics of the game.

Certain scenarios( similiar to the exilles trial ) will ultimately choose what true path you character will navigate towards. Once this backstory is done. Your choices are either for a lightside character. Nuetral, Nice, Extremely nice. Nuetral would enable you to use Jedi mind tricks . The darkside however, yoru choices would be evil, demented, devilishly dispicable.

But its an idea.
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 6:02 PM
Way too many plot holes. What if the Exile was DS? If he was LS, didn't he go search for Revan? Too many things could be variable, and if they were, it wouldn't work. What would they do, come up with a whole different storyline if it was different?

Some of those ideas are good, but there are too many plot holes, and places where it couldn't work. Other than that, it is ok as far as general storyline.
 Darth333
11-03-2005, 10:03 PM
No. I definitely don't want to play as a child or a teenager and nor I want something spread over a long period of time with tons of unrelated and training missions (I had enough of that with JA and Kotor is not Fable). Training missions are just fillers and bring nothing to the story. I think it's better to leave school out of that game. I want a consistent story line and good dialogues. I also prefer to play a more mature character with more experience.
 Prime
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
what i'm talking about is similar to fable, the whole child to adult thing shouldn't be more than an hour imo.To me that would be an hour too long...

I'd like my character's age to remain undefined.
 DarthSion101
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Definitely no playing as a child. No training under the Exile either, I want this next game to be a quest to find and either aid Revan and The Exile, or to find them and kill them and invade the galaxy with the mysterious ancient Sith. Also I would like the choice to start the game out from one of two perspectives, the jedi way if your lightside, or the sith side if your dark.
 The_Maker
11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
I agree with Darth333, going through "training" missions are just time fillers, I couldn't stand it in K1 where I had to run all over the place to complete my "training". Drove me batty... :whacked:

And I also do not want to go as the exile's apprentice because I played him/her throughout all of the last game ;)

No child PC
No "training" missions
No Hnut dwon teh ChIS hoo r du reel sit!!!!!1two1!
No Going on missions with/from the exile

So more or less I don't like any of the story to put it in a nut shell. :(
 Cyl
11-05-2005, 5:13 PM
Hmmm, I had a strange idea, wrapping around *drumrols* the disciple rebuilding the jedi order...

no... if Exile was male the disciple wouldnt become a jedi ... handmaiden's out to... hmmm Atris *could* be killed to ... Well Bastila's either darkside, Revan's girl or dead ... Exile, that would be, ...wrong, simply wrong, ... Atton is not up to it ...

so who's gonna rebuild the jedi order anyways (if not the new PC) ?

--> about the whole padawan story... the *only* way I could imagine that would be being near jedi knight/already jedi knight ...
 HK 47
11-05-2005, 9:59 PM
it sounds more like a jedi knight, jedi academy sorta game than a kotor one but nice idea
 Sabretooth
11-06-2005, 6:32 AM
No. I am not playing as a child. Besides, that storyline just wouldn't work anyways.
 The Doctor
11-06-2005, 3:48 PM
If I am forced to play as a child, I simply will not buy the game.
The Exile shouldn't make any appearence whatsoever, IMO. He/She would be a weak character (just as he/she was in TSL).
 IndianaSolo
11-06-2005, 5:05 PM
God no. I hated Fable, so if they incorporated one of the things I hated about Fable into K3 I'd scream.
Page: 1 of 1