Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SCHOOL DARKCON MAGIC

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Ravon
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
==================================================
ACADEMY OF DARKCON MAGIC
"MASTER RAVON ANNOUNCES OPENING OF NEW ACADEMY!"

The arts of admin support allows the Server Host to make "on-the-fly" changes/editing to game/map while in game.

AS ADMIN YOU CAN:
---------------------------------------------------

CHANGE LIGHTING/SHADOWING
CHANGE SPEED/GRAVITY FACTORS
CHANGE WEAPONS
CHANGE MODELS
CHANGE WEAPON EFFECTS
CREATE NEW WEAPONS
CREATE NEW ABILITIES - FORCE POWERS
CREATE OBJECTS & SPECIAL EFFECTS
CHANGE SOUNDS/MUSIC

---------------------------------------------------

DARKCON MAGIC LIMITED ONLY TO YOUR IMAGINATION

JOIN THE TEAM!
MASTER DARKCON MAGE: MASTER RAVON
darkcon_mages@hotmail.com

BECOME A DARKCON MAGE TODAY!
 Master Ravon
11-03-2005, 12:39 PM
ADMIN - STAR WARS REPUBLIC COMMANDO:

REQUIREMENTS:

Patience & Persistance
Multitasking Skills
Curious/Investigative Mind
PC/Video CArd supports Window-Mode Game Play
Strategic-Creative Mind
Desire To Host Admin Games_____________________________________________ ____

INTRODUCTION:

To determine your Computer System's ability to support window-mode use the keystroke [ALT+ENTER]; if you you crash, you then may need to simply lower all your graphic settings of your game to low, then restart game and attempt the [ALT+ENTER] key the game; if crashes again, your SOL unless your willing to update your DirectX Drivers, Computer and/or Video Card. If your game freezes or crashes because of window-mode; PLEASE remember that all is not lost. Instead of being able to use EDITACTOR you will be limited only to SET commands; which, if used correctly is what the ADMIN uses anyway, once the data is found and documented within your notepad document I will show you how to use your .ini file for key-bindings so you can paste long set commands correctly with out any errors so that you can simple call apon a specified button to execute what ever effect you or yourgame players desire.

THE GRIMOIRE OF ADVANCED ADMIN COMMANDS

DARKCON WISDOM:
"ALWAYS EXPECT STRANGE THINGS TO OCCUR - FUN"

Note:
EditActor Class="Variable" must be used in what is called WindowMode "Not All Systems Support This"

By pressing the <ALT>Key + <ENTER> Key you will send the game into or out of WindowMode

Without being able to use the WindowMode feature you will not be able to get the editactor menu to work. To use the EditActor Class feature of the Console Command Line; aka "The DARKCON", mysteries lay behind the console of the UE Unreal Engine waiting for you to discover the secrets behind the scenes of what allows the game to be what it is.

NOTE OF WARNING CHANGING SOME SETTINGS USING EDITACTOR INCORRECTLY OR USING MISPELLED SET COMMANDS CAN OFTEN CRASH YOUR GAME - IT TAKES TIME FIGURING OUT WHAT WORKS, SO EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN...ELSE FORGET EVER BEING AN ADMIN...TO ME ITS AN EXCEPTABLE RISK CONSIDERING ALL THE FANTASTIC BENEFITS.

ANY ADMIN COMMANDS YOU SET ARE ONLY ACTIVE AS LONG AS THAT MAP/GAME IS RUNNING AND IS NOT SET TO STONE, SO WORRY NOT, CHANGES YOU MAKE ARE ONLY MAINTAINED BY THAT PRESENTLY LOADED MAP AND SUCH SETTINGS ARE LOST ONCE THE MAP IS CHANGED...JUST INCASE YOU WERE WONDERING...I SURE DID WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING WITH THE ARTS OF THE DARKCON OF THE UNREAL UNIVERSES.

ANY USE OF ADMIN SET COMMANDS INCORRECTLY BY EXAMPLE TYPOS OR LEFT OUT CHARACTERS WILL MOSLY LIKELY CRASH YOUR GAME ; HOWEVER, HOW ELSE CAN YOU EXPERIMENT WITH IT, DO IT ANYWAY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COOL EFFECTS YOU MIGHT DISCOVER - IF YOU DISCOVER SOMETHING INTERESTING RIGHT IT DOWN - IN THE NOTE PAD PROCESS I WILL EXPLAIN LATER AND CONTACT ME SO I CAN ADD IT TO MY GRIMOIRE.

darkcon_mages@hotmail.com Subject: DARKCON MAGIC

BY KEEPING A LIST OF SUMMON COMMANDS AND SET VALUES IN A NOTE PAD ON YOUR COMPUTER CAN YOU SORT AND OPEN SPECIAL LISTS SO THAT YOU MAY HIGHLIGHT SELECTING LINES OF AN ADMIN LINE CAN YOU <CTRL> KEY+ <C>KEY TO COPY TO MEMORY/CLIPBOARD THE DATA THEN CLICK CURSOR ON THE CONSOLE OF UNREAL BASED GAME AND <CTRL>KEY+<V>KEY TO PASTE THE PRE-WRITTEN CODE TO THE COMMAND LINE IN THE GAME; BOOM! THERES THE LINE WITH NO ERRORS TYPED OUT FOR YOU THEN SIMPLY PRESS <ENTER> KEY AND WELL THE DEED IS DONE, YA DID IT!

MANY OF THESES SET VALUES CAN BE BOUND TO KEYS FOR QUICK ACCESS

EXAMPLE:

STRUCTURE:
Set Input <Key?> Say <Text?> | Set <Class?> <Function?> <Variable?>

SPECIFIC:
SET INPUT F1 SAY WARP SPEED SCOTTY - GIVE ME ALL SHES GOT! | SET MPPLAYER GROUNDSPEED 1000

COMMANDS USED: SET
CLASS USED : MPPLAYER
FUNCTIONS USED: INPUT; SAY; GROUNDSPEED

This admin console line command process sets the multiplayers GroundSpeed to 1000 then says/ANNOUNCES to all players "WARP SPEED SCOTTY - GIVE ME ALL SHES GOT!" announcing to all that the running speed of players has now been increased to Warp Speed! You may not want to announce it players to keep it unpredictable. Regardless, DARKCON RULE: just make it fun.

Keys that are most useful to an Admin to bind keys to are:
However any key can be used.

NEXT: Updating Soon!

EDITACTOR CLASS="Variables"

EditActor Class=Pawn
EditActor Class=Actor
EditActor Class=Weapon
EditActor Class=Ammo
EditActor Class=ZoneInfo
EditActor Class=Light
EditActor Class=PlayerStart
EditActor Class=MPPlayerReplicationInfo