Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Handmaiden reskin, force crush, and etc.

Page: 1 of 1
 DuffmanDan
11-03-2005, 11:16 AM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16953.html)

=======================================

Handmaiden Re-skin, "Jesus" Male PC alteration, and force crush sound

=======================================

Author : DuffmanDan
Game : Knights of the Old Republic 2, The Sith Lords
Build time : Textures, around 2 hours, sound, around 5 minutes

info-

Handmaiden skin-
Some of you might remember my first mod, it also included a handmaiden reskin. This one is an improved version of that original idea.

Its a simple reskin of the handmaiden. I have made her outfit resemble atris's clothing a bit more, made her skin tone a bit more human then echani, and made her eye's a deeper blue.

I recomend using this skin in conjunction with stoffe's Handmaiden Clothes, link found in her signature at the Holowan labrotory forums. I'd post the link myself, but its her work not mine

"Jesus Face" tweak-
I made his eyes a deep blue, the same as I have done with the handmaiden. woo hoo, impressive no?

Force Crush sound-

Someone tried to fix the casting sound for the force crush force power. It was way to loud for me. There are too many force power mods out there for me to attempt to create a way to make it compatible with them all with the current knowledge that I have with kotor2 modding. SO I'M going to tell you how to make it work-

Find, or extract a copy from your game using the kotortool, of the spells.2da file.
open it with the 2da editor included with the kotortool
Find row 177, columb castsound
change that box to v_castcrush
save the file
put the new spells.2da and the sound file into your base folder, and boom!
you have a working (but not overly loud) version of force crush

Feel free to use any of the files in this mod with your own. Just mention me as you do ;)

-------------------------

thanks and credits-

A boatload of thanks to Fred Tetra for creating the great and easy to use kotor editing tool.

Also thanks to the many friendly and informative people at Holowan Laboratories-
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
 Shem
11-04-2005, 1:27 PM
Force Crush sound-

Someone tried to fix the casting sound for the force crush force power. It was way to loud for me. There are too many force power mods out there for me to attempt to create a way to make it compatible with them all with the current knowledge that I have with kotor2 modding. SO I'M going to tell you how to make it work

That would be me who fixed the Force Crush.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11028.html)

If it's too loud for you, why didn't you just remove the "v_imp_crush.wav" file? This file is already in your game, I just altered it to make it louder as a bonus you can really hear the bones crushing. You didn't need to make a new mod for it just so it won't be as loud and giving instructions how to fix it in their spells.2da file. This would just frustrate people who don't know how to mod, especially when it's an easy fix just to remove the sound file I mentioned earlier.
 DuffmanDan
11-04-2005, 2:25 PM
This is actualy what I orginaly did for myself, however, I had some issues with what it did.

The first time i used your mod, I had my base on quite loud, and the noise was so great that my mouse fell off my desk. I might have some fine speakers but I still tought it was a tad extreme ;)

The sound file I included IS NOT what comes default in the game, or similar to the one you did. The sound did not coninside with the animation for said force power. I riped the forcecast sound and merged it with the default crush sound. Your mod had the crush sound play at the begining of the cast, so when you lifted them off the ground, It sounded as if there as a dinosaur bitting down on something crunchy, before their body even began to convulse or be crushed to tiny juciy bits. The sound i included has the cast sound right up to the point where you begin to close your fist and they begin to take damage. At that point, the crush sound that comes with the game begins, and you get the lovely effect of hearing thier bone's shatter.

given how relativly simple it is to do, and how often i've taught people to do much more difficult and irritating things in other games, i tend to think that most ppl are intelegent enough to follow directions.

And the chances that they have an altered spells.2da in thier override folder already is quite high, given all the custom force power mods that are out there, some I use myself, so the most irritating thing for them to do (in my opinion, finding the spells.2da with the kotortool when you have no clue where to look, and dont want to read the help files) you dont even have to do.

Nor is it the main point of the mod - the main part of the mod is mearly the skins. The sound bit was just an afterthought, something I included incase there were others like me, using your mod, and had the same issues with it.
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 2:38 PM
I think you had the right idea not to distribute a whole spells.2da file to add a single entry as this file is really a major source of mod conflicts. A lot of people have force powers and such installed in their override folder and having to get rid of all of them to install a sound file is a bit annoying. Providing instructions is a very good alternative, especially since it's easy to do .

If you do want to distribute an "easy installation" version however, you could use Stoffe's TSL patcher ;)
 DuffmanDan
11-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Well, I was playing tsl today, finaly getting to enjoy all the new eyecandy i've downloaded and made, only to find irritation!

the skins that I had uploaded were old versions >.< unfinished from what I had done. I checked out the new image one more time to make sure i was finished with them (being the perfectionist that i am, i'm probably not, but anyway) and found a few little things that still annoyed me. So i played with photoshop some more, and repackaged everything again =/

on the plus side, handmaiden looks a WHOLE lot better now, and is more complete (face, underwear, and dancer's outfit - all the skintone's match)

new file uploaded, putting new screenies up now
Page: 1 of 1