Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disciple based Clothing for the male PC

Page: 1 of 1
 DuffmanDan
11-03-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16951.html)

=======================================

Disciple based clothing for the male pc

=======================================

Author : DuffmanDan
Game : Knights of the Old Republic 2, The Sith Lords
Build time : Textures, around 2 hours, ingame placement, around 9 hours

info-

Its based losely on Redhawke's jolee clothing for k1. It replaces some lines
in the appearance.2da file, and gives new items with new textures for each class.

it changes the male pc's default clothing into the model used by the Disciple.

Due to how it was put together, if you want the custom items without cheating, you WILL need to start a new game. This is mainly due to the fact that I can't script with a darn for k2. What I ended up doing, was placing the items in atton's inventory, and altered the descriptions of the items so that it makes SOME sembelence of sence. No person in a polite society would walk around in nothing but thier jumpsuit, so logicaly the exile wore clothing to the medbay, even tho it was right down the corridor from his room. The hk droid,
being knowledgeable in protocol, would have realised this and taken the clothing with the exile and locked them in the compartment as it delt with the rest of the ship's crew. As such, his (sence its a male clothing change only) clothing would have been found with him. He and his clothing would have then been taken onboard the ebonhawk, where they were found
when t3 brought the ship to peragus. Atton, after the exile lost contact with him, tried to make himself usefull, and searched the rooms around the administration level. He found the exile's clothing where they had been placed around the kolto tanks, because being the only male on board the 'hawk, the miners assumed they belonged to him. Atton then kept them
untill he ran into the exile once again.

as a result, once atton joins your party, you will now have new clothing options

Stats-
<FullName>'s Custom Clothing

<FullName> made these garments in order to help suplement his skills
while traveling in exile. They were apropriate to use in battle when it presented itself unexpectedly. They allowed <FullName> to walk unencumbered and usualy unopposed, but they still held the ability to make it appear as if <FullName> had nothing to hide.

Restricted to PC
Defence bonus 5
Bonus feats : Mobility/Stealth Run
Damage resistance vs bludgoning/piercing/slashing: +2
Sill Bonus - Purseade +5

the other clothing options have other bonus's appropriate to the class/color
they were intended for

--------------------------------------------

files included-
1) appearance.2da <---- This mod is not compatible with other mods that use a another version of this file. If you are currently using another appearance.2da file, you will need to merge this one with your current one. Open up your 2da with a 2da editor (found with fred tetra's wonderfull kotor tool) and search for the following parts -

rows-
136 - 180, 543-545, 578-580
columbs
modelb and textb
Originaly they are - N_commM, change to P_DiscipleBB (model) and P_Exile (text)

2) P_Exile01-05 <--- Textures, feel free to use them in your own mod, should you wish
3) p_atton.utc <--- Altered Inventory for Atton so he has your clothing, and an arkanian pistol
4) n_smuggler001.utc <--- Altered appearance for a smuggler on Nar Shada that has a pc head, so he wont have your new clothing on. This file is curtasy of Lando Griffen
5) g_hidbekgang003.utc <--- Altered appearance for some of the serracco gang members on nar shada that have an asian male pc head. Also curtasy of Lando Griffen
6) npc_gegorran.utc <--- Altered appearance for the merchant on Onderon that uses an asian male pc head.

files 4, 5, and 6 are not needed for the mod to work properly, so long as you don't mind other guys running around in your clothing.

-------------------------

thanks and credits-

A boatload of thanks to Fred Tetra for creating the great and easy to use kotor editing tool.

Also thanks to the many friendly and informative people at Holowan Laboratories-
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
 Darth333
11-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Always good to see a new modder :)

However, there are a few things I'd like to point out:

n_smuggler001.utc : is not a unique .utc file as discussed inthe other thread at Holowan Labs. There is a n_smuggler001.utc used in four different modules and the files have different contents and conversations. Findrefs gives me the following results:

004EBO_s.rim n_smuggler001.utc (File name)
301NAR_s.rim n_smuggler001.utc (File name)
302NAR_s.rim n_smuggler001.utc (File name) -> Lootra
303NAR_s.rim n_smuggler001.utc (File name) -> Lootra

Dropping your n_smuggler.utc file will remove Lootra and his quest (and a precious lightsaber part too) from the game. If you want to change the npc appearance, you'll have to use a script (which is definitely not difficult). *.utc and *.utp editing should be done with great care and you should really make sure that the file is unique because you can really break the game with this.
 DuffmanDan
11-04-2005, 12:32 AM
=/

thought I had checked that. I recall doing it, and finding nothing -.- which is why i included that one file.

I was in the process of playing thro every world, start to finish, checking for bugs. I just hadn't finished it yet

*sigh*

what course of action would you recomend -
updating the download (remove the files and reupload, as it SHOULD still work without the utp files, i recall redhawke's jedi general clothing mod in the same way - several other random characters were running around in jedi uniforms)
or simply remove it untill I can get things sorted out?

From what I've read in these forums, i feel as if i could understand the scripting and syntax in this game, I just have very little free time to learn =/

I still have much to learn, should i wish to continue with this kind of activity. I honestly dont understand how it can use the same file in several different places, and the characters that its linked too have completely different characteristics, dialog, appearance, and so on.

I suppose that it has something to do with scripting =/ or something else that I have missed in the hints and examples posted here.

*sigh*

*edit*
I've posted a warning on pcgm, so if ppl want to use it they can - its a start at least =/
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 12:58 AM
I suggest you remove the file from the package and update the download.

Here is a script you could use to change the appearance in one of the Nar SDhadaa modules:
For the 301NAR module:

1. Extract k_301_mapenter.ncs and rename it to 301_mapenter.ncs (it's the onenter script for the module, the script that is activated when the module is loaded - you can find the reference in the .are file)

2. Make a new k_301_mapenter.nss file with the following contents:

void main ()
{
object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();

//Ratrin is the tag in the .utc file
object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Ratrin");

//target the item you want to remove:
object oOlditem = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_BODY ,oNPC);

if (GetIsPC(oEntering)){

//replace newitem_resref by the file name of the replacement clothes - why not use some armor since it's a smuggler?
object oNewitem = CreateItemOnObject("newitem_resref",oNPC);

///get rid of the default clothes
if (GetIsObjectValid (oOlditem))
{
DestroyObject(oOlditem);
}
//equip the new clothes
AssignCommand(oNPC, ActionEquipItem(oNewitem,INVENTORY_SLOT_BODY));

//run the old area onenter script that we renamed initially
ExecuteScript("301_mapenter", OBJECT_SELF);
}

}
Compile and drop both the 301_mapenter.ncs and the new k_301_mapenter.ncs (BTW, Kotor tool now has a script editor and you can compile with a simple click)

Repeat the process for the 004_Ebo module except that this time the OnEnter script is k_003ebo_enter.ncs
 DuffmanDan
11-04-2005, 1:13 AM
It was never my intention to put something out there that would cause problems =(, and I thought I had checked them. I thank you for pointing out my error, blindness, or just my overeagerness, whichever it happened to be, or maybe all of them? *shrug*

thank you for the tips as well.

always the newbie at something i guess, so i'll always make newbie mistakes when i try things a little more difficult then textures =/

Hopefully I get better, or at least more concious of my actions and thier ramifications

i intend to remove the files and re-up them, once i get on a comp that has the stuff I need. I'm at work right now, and unfortunetly, I uploaded a rar, not a zip. The business i work for wont allow me to install anything new on this comp, so all I can do is leave the warning untill I get the chance to fix it when I get off work (around 7 am bleh!)

and then I get to use part of my friday off modding, then go to the company party that night. Who needs sleep when you can mod?

a few last questions before i get back to working for a little bit-
should this thread stay in this forum? or be moved back to the holowan labrotories? I'd still like to have it stay up as a referance at least, if thats possible.

(newbie question) and in the other game's i mod for, usualy the // indicates that the parts following it arn't required and are not included in the "meat and bones" of the script. Is that true for tsl as well?
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 1:20 AM
For technical modding questions, I suggest HL :)

and don't worry about making mistakes: it happens to everyone, no matter at what level you are. Still, as a temporary solution, you could simply remove the file from the package.

edit: the // are used for comment lines in nwscript. They will be ignored when you compile.
 DuffmanDan
11-04-2005, 2:31 PM
*update*

as a solution, untill I understand scripting a bit better, I'm going to re-upload the mod, with the following changes-

the utc's will be removed, and new textures included for the characters that will be using the new clothing model-

There will be 3 npc's that will have Disciple clothing (that I know of, I have not played all the way
through each world yet with this mod installed) and they are-
Gegoran - Merchant on onderon - he will wear the red clothing
The Serracco Thugs on Nar Shada - They will wear a set of clothing that looks more worn, and has a Jungle Camo look to it, befiting war veterans
A smuggler on Nar Shada - He will wear a lighter blue vest, with a greyish blue set of pants.

to my knowledge, this is bug-free aside from the aforementioned issues with other characters wearing the new clothing.

I blame obsidion for lazy programing ;)

Loading the updated v2 to pcgm now, v3 to follow when I can get some time free to attempt to understand scripting ;)

*edit*
new version uploaded - happy downloading!
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 3:43 PM
Just post your scripting questions in the other thread at HL and we'll help you get through :)
 DuffmanDan
11-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Well, I was playing tsl today, finaly getting to enjoy all the new eyecandy i've downloaded and made, only to find irritation!

the skins that I had uploaded were old versions >.< unfinished from what I had done. I checked out the new image one more time to make sure i was finished with them (being the perfectionist that i am, i'm probably not, but anyway) and found a few little things that still annoyed me. So i played with photoshop some more, and repackaged everything again =/

this also allowed me to fix some typo's i had made, and place the new texture for the serracco thug where it belonged (small typo on my part, but one wrong number can toss everything off =/)

uploading new packaged file now, new screenies to follow

my appologies again -.- i seem to be having no luck when it comes to tsl moding =/
 Alkonium
11-08-2005, 7:47 AM
Hmmm, I'd download it, but it makes me think that the male Exile only joins the Exile's party if the Exile is female, which doesn't make any sense.
 DuffmanDan
11-08-2005, 10:47 AM
um?

all this does is change the way the clothing of the male pc looks. It has nothing to do with the female pc's. (they can wear the clothing, but thier model will stay the same)
 bolsen
11-11-2005, 8:25 AM
hey great mod but do you think you could do like some darkside ones that are black and red or something like that.
 DuffmanDan
11-11-2005, 11:07 AM
i'm not certain how i would go about doing that, but i will keep it in mind for the next version
Page: 1 of 1