Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA Graphical Problems.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Vader424242
12-13-2000, 12:11 PM
All,

I am having a problem with stuttering on XWA, most noatbly when I pass close to capital ships. It is not consistant, so my FPS is OK (all of my other games work fine), and the stuttering is but a minor annoyance. I have read other posts where people have found the game to be perfectly smooth throughout, and as a perfectionist, I am determined to solve the problem. Changing resolutions does not seem to help, either. I currently have all of the eye-candy turned on and am running at 1024x768 (but have tried it all the way down to 640x480 with no improvement). I have also tried turning each feature off in turn, with no luck. The only thing I noticed in performance was when I turn MIB mapping on, the game gets real choppy. Anyone out there have the same problem, and any idea how to solve it? Thanx!

My system:

Athlon 650Mhz
Windows 98 se
Voodoo3 3000 AGP
128M RAM

Vader424242
 Keyan Farlander
12-13-2000, 1:30 PM
Did you try messing with the sound options? Try it. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card AND your sound card.
 Zargon
12-13-2000, 6:01 PM
the problem is obvious, you have an Athlon!
 Keyan Farlander
12-13-2000, 6:05 PM
Bah, I have the exact same CPU and XWA runs like a dream. Stop confusing him, Zargon http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 Cloud
12-13-2000, 11:12 PM
Well I have a 300mhz athlon and 2mb ATI Rage Pro, the game has a high chance of freezing....
 Fondas
12-14-2000, 5:10 AM
Cloud , If the "2mb ATi" is not a typo, then you are running XWA in software mode. No vid card with 2mb of memory can perform hardware accelaration.

don't forget that a pc's performance is not only measured by the CPU's type or speed. When you run an depending application like a 3D game, everything counts. CPU, VGA, RAM. HDD.
Even two identical PCs may not perform the same, due to differences of software loaded.

Vader, which soundcard do you have ?

------------------
"No matter how pretty the bait,
a hook is still a hook !"
TZG+7
Page: 1 of 1