Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hoth Impossible

Page: 2 of 3
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 7:10 PM
if you fail an objective do you have to start all over?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 7:18 PM
Yes, you lose the level and have to restart it.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 7:22 PM
ouch...
 daventry
11-10-2005, 3:43 PM
How do you beat Hoth, its harder then the Jedi Temple.
 hk47
11-10-2005, 4:01 PM
i did it about 3 today i did hoth first time to easy and i got vader he planted the and died the 1/2 nano second later can any1 else do that?
 MandaloreBIC
11-11-2005, 3:19 AM
ahahhahaha!!!! this is hte 6th time i played hoth, and i still acn't beat it, stay in the trench? with all those rebs toss nades like h**l at you!??!??!!?!? are you crazy?
i just can't beat it!!!!!
i ahve general medal level so i make 4 bots follow me, and THEN waht happsn?!?!?!?!?!? they get incinerated by ONE bothan!!! ONE!!!!! that just freakign sucks!!!!!!!!!! i need seroius help!!!!!!!!
alough killing the queen's jedi is hecka easy 1 rocket does it and on the deathstar mission where you have to kill the jedi i cliped him with 1 rocket BEFORE they displayed the objective, lol....
the queen is not hard,after all, not many heros can take a rocket to the face, not even that geonosian dude who stole boba/jango fett's wrist rocket luncher (yes, he has a wrist rocket luncher)... lol
 zerted
11-11-2005, 5:13 AM
Try staying Darth Vader. He can easily sprint from the bomb to the bomb planting area. Now after you have planted the bomb, stand back. Most of the Rebels should go after the bomb and not you. Use the lightsaber throw to take them all out from a distance. If you die, come back and throw gernades into the area where they stand. Don't be a slow firing unit, such as the rocket trooper, you need to kill large amount of units quickly.
 MandaloreBIC
11-12-2005, 3:32 AM
staying vader is so hard, about 1/4 of your bar is gone from caping the hanger, and then you have to dash across the turrents, which takes half your health away, and after you plant it, you only have 1/4 health left, and you are easily killed, if it was Obi, it would be alot better (he's best jedi ever!), becasue obi's sprint attack makees more sense then darth vader's wide useless swing that's easy to miss.....
 hk47
11-12-2005, 6:29 AM
hoths easy i did it first time i got the hanger then the second i got the bomn planted they killed vader all the rebels were attacking it they were about 10 ofthem so i head shoted them and i won.
 Daddyboom
11-12-2005, 3:42 PM
All i did was be Darth Vader, sprint to the bomb planting area and waited. Soon, tons of rebels came and i just kept throwing my light saber and and killing them. After vadar died, i was a dark trooper and keept shooting his (arc caster i think). All you have to do is stay on the bomb and shoot chrched blasts. Don't forget to reload when you can. I think the Hoth mission and Mustfar were easy, compered to Yavin, which was the hardest to me.
 hk47
11-13-2005, 7:31 AM
yavin was hard for me to first i did it as a stormtroopee and i hgated them things that had about 100 rockets each time they reload next i did the samethen i used a tank to kill them and the bothan were easy they just stood there.
 zerted
11-13-2005, 8:02 AM
New tips for those who have yet to beat Hoth: When you have to take the hanger, run in and steal a speeder. Fly into the ending area of the map (behind the tunnels where all the still standing turrets are). You can stay in your speeder and destroy all the Rebel's auto-turrets. This will make your last two objectives much easier. Now fly back over to take the hanger.
If you have the time, you can land and go into the tunnels from the back way (where you just destroyed the turrets). You can't reach the hanger, but you can kill a few troops now instead of later. They didn't even see me as I shot them all one by one. These troops do respawn after a while, but I think their count will be less if you pick them off now instead of when they are charging after you later.
 daventry
11-13-2005, 11:03 AM
I tried it and it does not work, the Game switches back to its normal Game play once you capture the next Command Post. In other words, you must destroy the turrets again.
 zerted
11-13-2005, 1:14 PM
...you must destroy the turrets again.
Didn't happen to me... Only one turret respawned. It was the single one on the ship right behind the last captured CP.
 Daddyboom
11-13-2005, 2:37 PM
It still seems too easy!
 hk47
11-15-2005, 2:39 PM
far to easy :twogun:
 Darth Alec
11-16-2005, 2:53 PM
It was a real challange, I'll give you that.
 Redtech
11-17-2005, 7:12 AM
In hindsight, overall, the SP challenges were pretty lame. I think they need a bit more "substance". WTF is with those infinate-spawing rebels?

It's something to add to BF3, more variety in missions and more missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...
 zerted
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
...missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...
Me too. They did it to a small extent in the training mission, why not the rest?
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-17-2005, 1:46 PM
.....missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

Same here. They should, it make the game more fun.
 Redtech
11-18-2005, 1:09 PM
I'm going to have to plug my geonosis idea in the "Endor map idea" thread though. That'd make a brilliant SP level, because you could supervise each stage (e.g, make the first drpoship landings, secure the geonosian arena, drop down AT-TE's/protect them...)

I think CP design would play a big part in helping things 'flow' as well. Like Yarvin, they should be inside temples. Not in the open, so that if you must have a "nick the post" objective, it loooks like you're actually getting somewhere in an advantagous position, not just for the hell of it. How many times must you take a post "because it'd make a good lookout" when it never is?
 Fate's Decision
11-18-2005, 9:50 PM
Sorry, I can't help you. I had it set so that there was only one enemy, so it was a piece of cake for me.
 myee8
11-19-2005, 7:40 AM
In hindsight, overall, the SP challenges were pretty lame. I think they need a bit more "substance". WTF is with those infinate-spawing rebels?

It's something to add to BF3, more variety in missions and more missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

I am liking those ideas in your 2nd paragraph.

Other than that, it would have been good to see a different bunker on Endor - a much larger one to reflect the one in ROTJ in which you actually have to blow the door open, inflitrate it and kill the stormtroopers/officers, plant the bombs, and get the hell out of there before the thing blows...
 Darth VaderROTJ
11-19-2005, 8:34 AM
Sorry, I can't help you. I had it set so that there was only one enemy, so it was a piece of cake for me.

How'd you do that?
 lordzack
11-20-2005, 7:59 PM
I beat it in one try, just use Vader as others have said.
 PoiuyWired
11-21-2005, 1:37 PM
where/when did vader show up?

Like I got War Hero most every time in the game, and never get to become vader.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-21-2005, 1:59 PM
Vader shows up after you capture the command post at the Rebels base.
 Darth Alec
11-22-2005, 2:23 AM
He come's when you have the hanger. He really helps you in you mission.
 deamonomic
11-25-2005, 11:45 PM
i would just like to know. which diffuculty were youi playing it on?
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-26-2005, 1:51 AM
Normal....:)
 daventry
11-26-2005, 6:42 AM
I also play Normal, but the Rebels keep eating me. :twogun: :sithk: :blast5:

They should've added an Easy option aswell.

When by some meracle i got past the Level, i was shocked to see from all that beating, the Game ended. :blast5:
 Redtech
11-26-2005, 9:32 AM
You know, in hindiight, the storymode is the second worst POS for a modern shoot-em-up this millenium.

The first being BF1. I mean, doesn't anyone else feel ripped off that 99% of all objectives involve capturing posts and the Hoth level is a rip-off?

When I lose games, I prefer to lose through my own stupidity. Not because it's me versus the entire rebellion on my own. It isn't even about 'skill' more about luck sometimes and I refuse to play though the story mode on PC, at least you can cheat on 2-player co-op.

We want OBJECTIVES, not stupid 'move the flag into position against infinately spawning rebels'.
 zerted
11-26-2005, 1:53 PM
...which diffuculty were youi playing it on?
Elite all the way.
 deamonomic
11-26-2005, 6:16 PM
when i buy the game im gonna have to play it on elite cause normal was too easy for me. the ONLY mission i had trouble with was the one where vader boards the princesses ship. mainly cause i was being stupid and couldnt find where she was hiding. about the 3rd time i used the map.... :\

oh and for the record i found hoth to be dissapointing for its lack of challenge... maby ellite will challende me more. :twogun:
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-26-2005, 8:14 PM
The name of that map is Tantive IV. And stay on topic. This is about Hoth, not Tantive IV.
 PoiuyWired
12-01-2005, 1:57 AM
Hoth is way harder than the rest.

Its like impossable to stop the rebels from dropping a million nades into the trench destroying the bomb after you plant it.

I know someone talk about vader but he never comes out after the cut scene. I have the PC CD version, but doubt it makes any difference.

I am sure I myself did not destroy the bomb, cause FF is off, and the random rifle spray is not deadly enough.
 Redtech
12-01-2005, 7:05 AM
The rebel base is protected by loads of sentry guns, so you really need someone as nimble as maul to muck around outside...

I find it funny that it actually a really good co-op level though, when one dies, the other can respawn and give backup. Easy.
 deamonomic
12-01-2005, 11:37 AM
i used the dark tropper his weapon can hit multiple ppl.
 zerted
12-01-2005, 1:51 PM
The rebel base is protected by loads of sentry guns, so you really need someone as nimble as maul to muck around outside...
You can fly back there in a stolen speeder and blow them all up without taking any damage. Do this before you reach the area as a objective.
 Redtech
12-01-2005, 1:57 PM
Hmm, never thought of that.
 pablovi
12-01-2005, 2:35 PM
Oh good, it's not just my computer. The ground on Hoth is blindingly white, which is annoying. Also, on Naboo, the ground is completely black in most places.

You both know you can change the brightness and the contrast right?
 xhh2a
01-07-2006, 4:25 PM
Hoth was simple, use vader. BEFORE you place the signal, destroy all turrets. If you lost him, be a ENGINEER after you drop it because the rebels will IGNORE you. They just keep chucking gernades at the objective. It takes at least 5 gernades to take <10% off(xbox version) the objective and you repair 5+% every second. If you take damage, give yourself health. You can kill rebels every so often inbetween too or let them run out of ammo(which they will).
 Findannus
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Hoth is much easier when you have Friendly Fire on. The Rebs will do more damage to each other than to the beacon, and you can stay back and pick them off at your leisure.

With friendly fire off though, it is much more challenging.
 PoiuyWired
01-17-2006, 4:32 PM
I finish it with FF off.

FF ON might be more interesting, but I hate FF games. Well, the Imps don't have enough reenforcements for me to slaughter my teammates.
 General Solo
01-17-2006, 5:57 PM
When I was playing Hoth with my cousin the rebels always won. I would be in a At-At and I would be destroying all of the turrets and I destroyed the sheild generator and then my cousin and I went onto the next part of Hoth and that is when the hard part came up with the beacon. And my cousin was Vader and I have no idea how he died, probably with a grenade
 sjracer
01-19-2006, 1:57 PM
if u think hoth is hard you should try polis masa. That is hard. I admit i had trouble with hoth and polis masa. for hoth you just have to keep on attacking there hanger after you take out the shield generator. for polis masa take over there main base at the other end trust me they work just try it..
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-19-2006, 2:01 PM
if u think hoth is hard you should try polis masa. That is hard. I admit i had trouble with hoth and polis masa. for hoth you just have to keep on attacking there hanger after you take out the shield generator. for polis masa take over there main base at the other end trust me they work just try it..

Polis Massa...isn't too hard. After playing it once I had no problem beatinf afterwards. But, eh, we all have are own opinions.
 General Solo
01-19-2006, 5:52 PM
yea Polis Massa was not that hard compared to hoth. Some people also thought that space missions were hard but when I first played them it was really fun and easy at times.
 sjracer
01-20-2006, 1:06 PM
It was easy at first but when i played as the republic it was HARD. hoth is a ######## i admite that but polis massa is hard
 PoiuyWired
01-20-2006, 5:28 PM
Well space mission is a whole new ballgame, but not too hard when you used to it. It is also nice to change the space controls to suit your needs, like disable reverse mouse, and change the "roll" buttons to your A and D.

Polis Massa is a bit annoying, in the way where stupid teammates are always blocking your path. I won't call it hard though, just annoying. FF off helps alot here. (then again I don't really like to play FF off, I get more kills off my team than comp most of the times)
Page: 2 of 3