Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting rid of T3

Page: 1 of 4
 vader815
11-01-2005, 4:59 PM
We Should get rid of T3. Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 5:06 PM
I am NOT with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 90SK
11-01-2005, 5:08 PM
Yeah, I second that opinion. :¬:
 The Doctor
11-01-2005, 5:14 PM
T3 M4 IS THE BEST! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM!
 vader815
11-01-2005, 5:31 PM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 5:33 PM
I suppose you don't want to get rid of HK though, do you. TOO BAD!!! They are a package deal, just like R2 and 3PO. I am definitely not with you :dissaprove:

Maybe they will let you decide whether he will stay or not, for the T3 haters like you, but he will be there.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 5:34 PM
BQOZ: He can get really funny if you know on where to poke him. :D
 Killwithhonor
11-01-2005, 5:36 PM
keep him, you sick minded anti-t3m4 guy, go shooo! shooo! no need for this nonsense, lol
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 5:38 PM
Old and outdated?!?!?! I suppose if we were playing some stupid 100 years after K2 storyline, in that case HK would be outdated too. It ain't happenin!!!
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-01-2005, 5:44 PM
stupid 100 years after K2 storyline
To tell you the truth, I hardly even consider approving that the KOTOR 3 storline starts more than 2 years after KOTOR 2 storyline, let alone 14 years. But DEFINAETLY NOT 100 YEARS!!!
 SITHSLAYER133
11-01-2005, 5:57 PM
T3 and HK47 rules
 vader815
11-01-2005, 5:59 PM
I suppose if we were playing some stupid 100 years after K2 storyline, in that case HK would be outdated too. It ain't happenin!!!

HK wouldn't be outdated cause he is literally one of a kind, and with all his new owners he gets upgrades to improve his progaming. T3-M4 on the other hand is one of many series of T3 and they probably get replaced every couple of years or so, and K2 doesn't count cause he was a major part of the story, provided you had repair and computer skills
 vader815
11-01-2005, 6:00 PM
and the republic was almostt destroyed and didn't have time to upgrade their utility droids
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 6:04 PM
So? That doesn't mean anything. He would get upgraded too, in fact he could be a big storyline part in K3. Besides, if HK was one of a kind because he was built by Revan, we don't know who built T3. How do we know what kind of droid he is? The whole destroyed republic thing doesn't make anything different, because it wouldn't stay that way. And others would upgrade T3.
 vader815
11-01-2005, 6:11 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!! T3 is a utility droid. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVery few utility droids are upgraded for a long time. and we do know who built T3 a twi lek on Taris. HK on the other hand is a Hunter Killer robot who can be upgraded with the latest of upgrades including one after his time. NOtice the "his".
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 6:18 PM
Hmmm... When are we ever told that Janice Nall built T3? Go look at the official website, or elsewhere: "Origin is unknown." You are never told that Janice built him, she just had him. Quite a difference.

And where did you ever get the idea that hardly any utility droids get upgraded? Look at R2, granted, he was way farther along, but he lasted through all of about several decades. Utility droids are able to be upgraded. You seem to have this problem with utility droids.

And about HK, in a hundred years he would be obsolete. Even the most upgrades wouldn't keep him running. The fact is, his base components would start to get outdated. He may get all these upgrades, but what happens when the stuff that you can't upgrade on him starts to fail? You could take his droid brain out and the other essential components out and put them into another HK droid, but then why not do that with T3?

Finally, we have had T3, and we will continue to have him. He is too much of a KotOR poster-droid to be thrown out.
 vader815
11-01-2005, 6:49 PM
i say we get rid of both

a series of droids will take over the T3 line and the T4 will be the new utility droid of the SW universe
 The Doctor
11-01-2005, 6:50 PM
No.
HK and T3 are far to popular to be removed. You won't win this argument. Only one other person has agreed with you so far. Sorry:D
 90SK
11-01-2005, 7:19 PM
The Doctor is right. They're not going to replace T3 with "T4". It would be pointless and confusing.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 7:33 PM
i say we get rid of both

a series of droids will take over the T3 line and the T4 will be the new utility droid of the SW universe

You're right, R2-D2 was obsolete during the entire OT, 30 years after his first appearance...

Frankly, your arguments have been childish and your spelling is horrendous. Don't expect to gather support this way.

Besides, HK-47 has a newer version of himself called HK-50.

Oh and by the way, what can you do in KotOR? Would replacing T3's level 1 armor for a level 3 one be considered an upgrade?! :eek:

Oh my god! I mean, I've upgraded T3!
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 7:42 PM
Was that in favor of replacing them, or sticking with them? I couldn't tell. And we are not talking about in-game upgrades, we are talking about other stuff that you can't do in the games, like Anakin's upgrades of R2.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 7:45 PM
Like what? All the upgrades you did on T3 were still upgrades by definition.

Oh, and I'm not in favor of getting rid of them. I should know that sarcasm and internet doesn't go well together.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 7:49 PM
I thought so, but the sarcasm about the upgrades made me a bit unsure as to your view. They should stay with them, they are too popular and important. Yes, I suppose so about the upgrades, but during the gap between K2 and K3 he could pass through several owners who would make out-of-game modifications on him.
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 8:36 PM
i agree with vader 128wahevar-thingy. althogh t3 and hk-47 r cool, i think it is time for sum next gen droids.
 Achilles
11-01-2005, 8:49 PM
Anyone that seriously thinks that T3 or the Ebon Hawk are going anywhere obviously didn't pay attention to the last game or any of the Star Wars movies. :r2d2: :c3po:
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 8:52 PM
ur righti didn't pay attention! but oh well. i don't like hk, but if i cud upgrade his voice... den i'd be happy
 90SK
11-01-2005, 9:28 PM
Why? His voice is the best part.
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 9:32 PM
HK's voice is the most annoying aspect of the game!!! i want to shoot him and drown him and burn him and eat him then **** him out and burn him again!
 90SK
11-01-2005, 9:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I was less fond of the random crashing, but that's just me.
 SpaceAlex
11-01-2005, 9:42 PM
HK's voice is the most annoying aspect of the game!!! i want to shoot him and drown him and burn him and eat him then **** him out and burn him again!

If you find HK's voice annoying, then i guess you like Desciple's. :D :p
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 9:45 PM
Any way, that's not my point. i agree that earlyier in the game u shud meet T3 and HK, but then they die or sumthing, and they get replaced by new and improved droids! T4 or 5 And maybe HK-56 or sumthing anyway,
i take the side of vader 815, good idea!
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 9:46 PM
If you find HK's voice annoying, then i guess you like Desciple's. :D :p

who in the hell is disciple? is he the male handmaiden??
 Samurai DD
11-01-2005, 9:47 PM
T3 Rules!!! He's the R2-D2 of the KOTOR series! You can't get rid of him! You just can't!
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
The problem is, Darthrevan, that the Ebon Hawk and T3 and HK are part of the KotOR series now. Killing them or getting rid of them would feel like a whole new game. If they make anymore games around the time period but a different series, then I won't mind if they aren't there. But they have become the Millenium Falcon and R2 and 3PO of the KotOR series.

Ps. To everyone, KotOR II is on the way for me! You are probably not impressed, and you might be suprised that I have not played KotOR II, but I just thought I would express my joy, even if the game seems to be not that great! :D
 The_Maker
11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
I am NOT with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me neither. :dozey:

T3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!1!
 necromancing
11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
You know, I ALWAYS wanted to take T3 with me, but it's hard to pass up on those Jedi like Bastila, Juhani and Jolee.

As far as HK, he's a decent fighter and certainly good for a laugh or two. I really enjoyed using him on Tatooine.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh, and Darthrevan, the Disciple is the guy you meet on Dantooine in K2, a historian or something I think. He only joins you if you are female. Ask someone who has actually played the game, though. :)
 RedHawke
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Anyone that seriously thinks that T3 or the Ebon Hawk are going anywhere obviously didn't pay attention to the last game or any of the Star Wars movies. :r2d2: :c3po:
Quoted for emphasis!
 Prime
11-02-2005, 8:14 AM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????Because he is wicked awesome!!

HK wouldn't be outdated cause he is literally one of a kindWhat are you talking about? You mean like 10 of them in TSL!
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Any way, that's not my point. i agree that earlyier in the game u shud meet T3 and HK, but then they die or sumthing, and they get replaced by new and improved droids! T4 or 5 And maybe HK-56 or sumthing anyway,
i take the side of vader 815, good idea!

It is not a good idea :xp:.

That is like saying for Episode VI we should have R2 and 3PO show up for a little while but get melted down by the empire. And then, omg!!, we get something really cool, we get some R5 that is just like any other R5 and we get some other protocol droid off the street. :xp:

That is the problem I have with getting rid of T3 because he is quote "outdated and not one of a kind." Actually, he is. Just like R2 is one of a kind. They actually have a personality, although I wish it was a little bit more developed. And then you say that we should keep HK because he is one of a kind. Looking at it differently, you could say that HK is not one of a kind, he was being mass produced for a while. The replicas of him were not as good as he was, of course, but then neither would the replicas of T3, utility droids. They are both one of a kind droids.

We can't have two great droids all the way through and then kill them so we can get some stupid little T4 droid that is just like any other stupid droid you meet in the game. That is like saying, "lets get rid of Mandalore and recruit one of those Mandalorian's on Dantooine.", or "lets get rid of Bastila Shan and recruit that Jedi on the Endar Spire."
 Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
HK-47 is one of a kind because of what he has lived, Revan being his master and all. Other HK series droids are cool, but 47 is the greatest. The reason for "one of a kind" droids with personalities, is, at least in the SW universe, the lack of memory wipes, that develop quirky traits in utility and astromech droids, and in protocol too, but in lesser grade. (3PO gets a memory wipe in Ep. III, but retains his personality in IV-VI, without memories of his creator.)
 Prime
11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
T3's master was also Revan. Why is he different?
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Just in case you were responding to me, samuraidd, HK is one-of-a-kind, I threw that in there to show people how it was stupid not to call T3 one of a kind and yet say HK is. They are both one of a kind; HK was built by Revan, and T3 we don't know who built. Not only that, but along with HK he was under Revan and the Exile, who probably upgraded him FAR past the normal utility droid. Not to mention that T3 wasn't "normal" at the beginning anyways.
 Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 12:14 PM
T3's master was also Revan. Why is he different?

Uhhh... trick question, can't really find an answer. Maybe the real point is, HK was programmed as an assassin droid, while T3 is just a normal utility droid.
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 1:00 PM
^Normal? I would definitely not call him normal, not to mention as I said he probably was upgraded many times.
 Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 1:09 PM
I would say he's pretty normal. But, the pont is, HK was propiety of Revan when he was a dark lord, so that influenced him a lot. But as for T3, you buy him after.
 The_Maker
11-02-2005, 1:16 PM
Because he is wicked awesome!!

What are you talking about? You mean like 10 of them in TSL!

0wned with a capital 0 :xp:

So far, T3 doesn't seem to be going anywhere. :emodanc:
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 1:18 PM
I would say he's pretty normal. But, the pont is, HK was propiety of Revan when he was a dark lord, so that influenced him a lot. But as for T3, you buy him after.

About as normal as R2 is normal :xp:.
 vader815
11-02-2005, 5:09 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3
 The Doctor
11-02-2005, 5:12 PM
That was stupid. How will they explain what happened to the Ebon Hawk and the complanions if you tell the game they were dark side last game?
TSL was poorly done, and I was expecting a much better product. But that subject has been debated to death, so I will shut up now.
Page: 1 of 4