Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor III ideas

Page: 1 of 2
 vader815
11-01-2005, 8:17 AM
heres wut i want fot kotor 3:
1. weapon masters and sith marauders with two hand superior and lightsaber superior to be able to hold 2 double-bladed sabers
2. hooded robes
3. combine lightsaber colors
4. new ship
5. new swopp races
6. corucant
7. a padawan
8. ablity to fly your ship
9. replace T3-M4
10. keep HK-47 or make and HK-48
11. at least 100 years since last game
12. yoda like companion
13. hutt companion
14. more unique character selection
15. you get the weapon and armor of everyone you kill
16. if your stuned when force push you stay down until your un-stuned
17. you die differently on how your killed
18. bigger map area
19. more realistic NPC's
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
What? Some of those ideas are...Well, here is what I say. (Shouldn't this be in the "What you want in KotOR III" thread? Then again, I'm not a moderator).

1. I think this is a good idea. It could have a massive damage bonus and massive attack penalty.
2. Hooded robes are not bad, perhaps have an option.
3. I am not sure what you mean about combining saber colors.
4. New ship! No, the Ebon Hawk must stay, we have had it this long.
5. New swoop races? You need to give a little bit more information there.
6. Thats fine for a planet, it would be nice to see Coruscant.
7. I don't really care about a padawan.
8. Absolutely fly your own ship.
9. Replace T3? Why? He is with HK, why have to replace him?
10. Stick with the droids.
11. 100 years since K2! Are you nuts?! (no offense) That would kill the storyline.
12. I don't really care for a Yoda companion.
13. A hutt? What is he going to do, slither along with you and sit on people?
14. Thats fine.
15. I think that would be a lot more work or something. Besides, who wants a million combat suits?
16. If you are stunned by push you stay down until you are unstunned? Huh? If you have a successful push on somebody they will be stunned, if only for a round.
17. I die differently on how I am killed? That makes no sense.
18. Thats fine, I would like a bigger game.
19. Thats fine too.
 JediMaster12
11-01-2005, 3:30 PM
Maybe some things could be changed but I think it should be in the Unknown Regions, keep the ddrois and the ship and different character creations. It's simple but I was pleased with the overall version. :lightning
 The_Maker
11-01-2005, 4:34 PM
I am sorry but the majority of what you are suggesting is going to make a lot and I mean a lot of people very very angry.

100 years after K2?
You must be insane, that would mean revan and the Exile aint nuthin but bones in the ground... :nutz1:

A yoda companion and a hutt companion?
Ok, 2 things...One, Hutts do not fight, they are more a ganster type species and two if I WANTED a yoda companion (who is half my size) I would play galaxies or something.

"Un-stuned" is spelled "Un-stunned" and why on this good and wholesome green earth would your oponent "Un-stune" you?

And please, next time try to use a spell checker so a it doesn't look like a 3 year old made your post. :dozey:

"heres wut i want fot kotor 3:"

Here's what I want for Kotor 3:

Makes you sound so much more intelligent ;)
 vader815
11-01-2005, 5:50 PM
when i mean un-stunned i meant when you the turn ends and you can attack again. with the swoop bikes i mean like raceing with the other racers at the same time. And it should be a 100 years later for some kind of Revan resurrection. The T3 reference is it will be obsolute by in 100 years. There should be a yoda like companion who is a Jedi with the ablilty to jump like Yoda does. The dieing request is for is your killed by a grenade you are thrown back to your death and not fall on your knees and die. Since HK is a highly uniqe and one of a kind droid he can't be replaced. The Hutt may be a fugitive or something and he can be strong like a wokkiee (if you've read any SW books). Next the lightsaber color combination is so the lightsaber will fade between the two colors instead of stay the same color forever.

PS. I wrote the message 5 minutes after i woke up so don't yell at my spelling.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 6:35 PM
Resurrection of Revan? That sounds stupid. I agree with racing with other racers. And T3 is a unique and one of a kind droid too, you just cannot throw him out. Trust me; 100 years afterwards would KILL the story, it would be the worst game ever if that happened.
 vader815
11-01-2005, 7:03 PM
It would not be the worst. And why cant Revan be resurrected like freedon nadd can. what thats it the sequel to that ritual done on K2 when they killed that sith for nadd
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 7:08 PM
Because it would be stupid. Why not just have it a few years after K2? It wouldn't flow if it was some 100 years after, NOTHING would be related to the others. It would make for a terrible storyline. What are you going to do? Try and resurrect him yourself? And how would you answer all these other questions that are still unanswered?
 vader815
11-01-2005, 7:14 PM
you wont resurrect nadd but you would stop whoever is and become sith lord muhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahah or you can protect the republic boooo.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 7:21 PM
^ I was talking about resurrecting Revan. But why include the resurrecting Nadd thing in K3? Why, after a thousand years? Why, after it seems that it was already mentioned in K3? No repeating storylines.
 vader815
11-01-2005, 7:25 PM
get rid of the 100 years. instead 1 month to 1 year later. and forget revans resurrection
 Darthrevan_3
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
i think KOTOR 3 should be situated 18-21 years after TSL, as to give the pc character time to grow. I think that the PC shud be the child of someone u meet in the game.
 Samurai DD
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM
I was just thinking, something they just have to correct is lock bashing. I really don't feel like dueling a footlocker. Bashing should have his own animation(s).
 vader815
11-02-2005, 9:18 PM
I was just thinking, something they just have to correct is lock bashing. I really don't feel like dueling a footlocker. Bashing should have his own animation(s).

Yeah! I've also notice that I sometimes miss the lock when I'm bashing it. How can you miss a huge door or footlocker that is not even moving! It makes no sense.

Next K3 shouldn't be a long time from K2 because it should be the conclusion to that ritual the sith were doing at Freedom Nadd's temple. The game never explained that (a long with a lot of other things). I bet the game was so incomplete because of X-mas, they were hoping for a good profit if it was out right before then.
 vader815
11-02-2005, 9:20 PM
One more thing. What is the opinion on being able to hold two double-bladed sabers I think its a good idea.
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I am split on that. On one hand I think it would be kind of cool, but on the other hand I don't. It kind of hints at some wierd un-Jedi like things. It just doesn't seem to fit with star wars to have that kind of weapons and stuff, seems a bit more- I don't know, kind of like it should be in some fantasy RPG rather than in a SW RPG.
 Blaze629
11-02-2005, 11:28 PM
One more thing. What is the opinion on being able to hold two double-bladed sabers I think its a good idea.
I don't think it's really possible without cutting off your own legs, or head, or cutting yourself in half even. :)

I would think that they would be too long with both ends activated to really be effective against an opponent. That's how I feel about it anyway. Cool idea but your character would have to be about 9 feet tall for it work I think LOL. :D
 Darthrevan_3
11-03-2005, 4:53 PM
Hold 2 doublesabers!?!?! That is whack. :lol: It is un starwars-ish and I don't like
it. But I have a really bad idea of what the difference between a good and bad idea is:^:soo... don't take my word 4 it
 Samurai DD
11-03-2005, 5:13 PM
I think it's a bad idea. One double lightsaber is cool... two? Kitsch.

Not to mention it's totally unwieldy, and looks way too ridiculous.

Disclaimer: It's just my opinion, I'm not insulting anyone who had that idea or liked it.
 Amor
11-10-2005, 6:52 PM
No, actually, it would look quite cool. If that crazy Sith-General in ''Star Wars Episode 3'' could fight with 4 freakin lightsabers at a time, then why can't there be a possibility to use two Double-Bladed Lightsabers? After all, KotOR is a game...

There should be more ''armor-options'' added to the Workbench. To choose the color of your armor, to have more different upgrades for your armor, to have more slots in your armor to put the different upgrades in, and to customize the apperance of your armor completly, shape, size, etc.
 Amor
11-10-2005, 9:43 PM
And yeah, one more thing, there should be more planet-surface-vehicles to make it easier getting around on the (hopefully) huge planets of KotOR III.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I definitely would like to fly the Ebon Hawk, or perhaps a bantha or a swoop bike. That would be sweet :thumbsup:.
 Clone L68362
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Hehe, I read up to the Ressurection of Revan part and agree with Rob. In 100 years, Bastila, Carth, Mission, all the people he loves will be gone. That would suck.

But I do wanna be Revan again! WOOOOO REVAN!
 TreeX
11-11-2005, 12:11 AM
I definitely would like to fly the Ebon Hawk, or perhaps a bantha or a swoop bike. That would be sweet :thumbsup:.

ya know... I just had an image of Grand Theft Auto style running people over with a swoop bike... lmao...
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:15 AM
ya know... I just had an image of Grand Theft Auto style running people over with a swoop bike... lmao...

That is for DS people, like stealing from peoples homes you can injure people by running them over.

Following up on that, I would like to have some actual races, as in racing against people like in the podrace in Episode 1. Run into a swoop gang, or something like that. Or be able to to exploring far away from cities or towns on an animal; Perhaps along with larger areas that you can actually ride around in without going in circles.
 Inspectre
11-16-2005, 9:56 PM
i got this idea of more alignments rather than just good and evil....
Like Baldur's gate 1 and 2, i want to see some lawful good, chaotic good and true neutral etc sets of alignments.

Depending on your alignments, you get to have different career when the story ends. if you are unlawful evil, you will be on your way to ultimate sith lord and if you are lawful good, you'll be on your way to be a jedi master.

And like the others suggested, variety of npc's with deep interesting history would be super and able to influence them with your alignment.
 OptimalOptimus
11-17-2005, 2:32 AM
I have ALot of Ideas. check out my Kotor 3 : Legend of The Sith'ari thread.

Ohh.. i Love the 2 double bladed sabers.. that would be Stunning !
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-17-2005, 9:35 AM
i got this idea of more alignments rather than just good and evil....
Like Baldur's gate 1 and 2, i want to see some lawful good, chaotic good and true neutral etc sets of alignments.

Depending on your alignments, you get to have different career when the story ends. if you are unlawful evil, you will be on your way to ultimate sith lord and if you are lawful good, you'll be on your way to be a jedi master.

And like the others suggested, variety of npc's with deep interesting history would be super and able to influence them with your alignment.

I agree. They need to make the alignments mean something.
The differences in the paths we choose should take us down totally different roads.
 RedHawke
11-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant

-or-

Grand Theft Speeder: Nar-Shadaa

They would be so cool! ;)
 Char Ell
11-18-2005, 12:14 AM
^^^
Hey, there was that landspeeder you could find parts for and repair on Nar Shadaa in TSL. Does that count? ;) Ah, probably not since you can't actually run anybody over :(
 Samurai DD
01-03-2006, 1:01 PM
Lol, a SW GTA would rule... Jedi should try to get you if you commit lotta crimes, now that would be great. And a mod/cheat for adding gungans and ewoks to run over them.
 Darth Windu
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
1. weapon masters and sith marauders with two hand superior and lightsaber superior to be able to hold 2 double-bladed sabers
No. No, no, no. You realise that it's a two-handed weapon for a reason, right? As for General Grievious, he was able to hold four sabre's because he had four hands. Unless you get yourself a four-handed Jedi, this idea is one of the worst I've seen.

2. hooded robes
That's a good one, perhaps having a hood on could increase your Stealth but decrease Awareness?

Um...why? Maybe you could combine Blue and Green! Oh, sorry, forgot that it's already in-game.

4. new ship
No. The Hawk is to KotOR what the Falcon is to the Original Trilogy

5. new swopp races
What's a Swopp? ;p. Seriously though, could you explain this one a bit more?

6. corucant
I assume you mean Coruscant, in which case I agree

7. a padawan
I like this idea too

Why?

9. replace T3-M4
With what? I like T3, and really he's probably crucial to the plot, so no

Um...there is no HK-48. He's not called HK-47 because of a model number of something like that. Remember he was built by (or for, I forget) Revan

Absolutely not. Worst Idea Ever!

12. yoda like companion
Pass, I'd prefer to stick with more humanoid companions

13. hutt companion
No way

As in? More detail please

What if you destroyed it in the process of killing them?

Huh?

I gather you mean different animations? I don't see how that would be good, after all you don't stick around long when you've been killed

18. bigger map area
More detail!

19. more realistic NPC's
Please, please explain some of these ideas better
 IndianaSolo
01-04-2006, 2:24 AM
1. weapon masters and sith marauders with two hand superior and lightsaber superior to be able to hold 2 double-bladed sabers Silly, IMO. I've never seen a single character in the Star Wars universe ever do that. It's just overkill.
2. hooded robes Cosmetic feature that I wouldn't mind *IF* all the other things (story, characters, combat, length, etc.) are taken care of first and there is still time left over.
3. combine lightsaber colors I don't really see the point
4. new ship No
5. new swopp races Not bothered
6. corucant Coruscant. And yes, I'd like to see this planet in the game as well.
7. a padawan You sort of had one in TSL. Unless implemented properly, no thanks.
8. ablity to fly your ship No
9. replace T3-M4 No
10. keep HK-47 or make and HK-48 Yes to the first part, no to the second
11. at least 100 years since last game No
12. yoda like companion No
13. hutt companion No
14. more unique character selection ....maybe. Again, like the hooded robes, as long as the important features are worked on and completed first.
15. you get the weapon and armor of everyone you kill Kind of agree, but only to an extent. You don't see Luke stopping to pick up every gun, grenade, etc. that the stormtroopers he shoots drops
16. if your stuned when force push you stay down until your un-stuned Huh?
17. you die differently on how your killed No
18. bigger map area The engine limits this. Unless it's a new engine, don't hold your breath for this
19. more realistic NPC's Such as? I liked the NPCs in both games.
 Gray_Master
01-04-2006, 9:01 AM
1. Wanna chop your own head off do ya?
2. Yes please, I agree with this..just not a Sith lord without a hood.
3. if you mean double bladed with one blade green the other blue, No thanks.
4. no way
5. don't really play the ones they have now
6. Yes
7. Yes, I have ideas for this but that will have to wait for another thread.
8. and do what?
9. did they replace R2?
10. Yes to HK-47...HK-47 would kill 48 just like he would 50 so no
11. if they do this I will saber myself
12. Good idea, his hight won't allow him to be used though..saber contact in fights you see.
13. I would like to cross a map before I die
14. If you mean races, I agree..want a Green Twe'lik Jedi sooo bad
15. take up too much memory
16. No, inspite of pour wording I understand..I'm sure everyone else does too
17. to much work for an already good system
18. to a limit yes..though I did feel TSL maps were smaller than K1
19. You want blood? them to slip on ice? Pick their nose? what?
 AnakinSolaris
01-04-2006, 10:33 AM

No, no, no, no, no. A two-handed weapon is hard enough to control with two hands. They would be completely unwieldy, unpractical and you would die very quickly if you tried that IRL.

2. hooded robes

Maybe useful for wandering around planets, but in the films, how often do jedi have their hoods up? Not very often, and in combat, not only do they not have their hoods up, they normally remove their cloaks completely so that they are not restricted in their movements.

What? There's already enough variation in the colour of lightsabers in the game. The only suggestion for improvement I would make on that front would be a full colour palette (ranging from white to black, with a slider), so you could choose the crystal colour when building your lightsaber.

4. new ship

Yeah, perhaps, the Ebon Hawk is getting a bit tired now.

5. new swopp races
Not a big fan of swoop races myself, I'd like to see them go.

6. corucant
Coruscant would be a fantastic addition to the game if it could be done well, but the time it would take to design might detract from the other planets in the game.

7. a padawan
A padawan? You had 4 in KOTOR II (Atton, Handmaiden/Disciple, Mira and Bao-Dur)

No, its an RPG game, not a space-flight sim game.

9. replace T3-M4
What? That little droid is ACE!

Yeah HK-47 should stay, gotta love that sarcy assassin droid.

Why don't they set it 100 years after Episode VI and call it "Star Wars: Knights of the NEW Republic" instead?

12. yoda like companion
Hmmm, not sure about as a party member, but maybe as your trainer / jedi master, it could work

13. hutt companion
No, No, No. You would have to walk around at a snail's pace (literally) if you had it in your party.

What? Height? Weight? Religion? Sexual Preferences?
Something like an "import your face into the game" feature might be good.
If you mean being able to choose a race other than human for your character, then yes, I agree.

Unrealistic:
a) How exactly would you carry it all?
b) Do you not think that some of the weapons/armour would have been damaged during combat, i.e. big gaping holes in the armour from blaster shots/lightsaber thrusts
c) Why would you even want most of it. In I & II I collect a lot of items that I neither want or need.

That does make more sense then them getting standing up again and then being stunned, but the force push/wave power in the game is too powerful at the moment, maybe the "stun" feature of it should be removed completely instead.

I've never died in either game, so I can't really comment on that.

18. bigger map area
Yes

19. more realistic NPC's
In what way exactly?

Overall, I would argue that the general gameplay/features in KOTOR I & II is more than adequate and would much rather have a brilliant plot and fully-developed, more interactive NPC characters than any of the features that you've mentioned.

The only feature that I would really like to see is being able to customise your lightsaber more, along the lines of the USM
 Hallucination
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Is that a joke?:confused:
2. hooded robes
That would be nice, but only as an extra.
Maybe, but it definitly would only bean extra.
4. new ship
NO. The Ebon Hawk is like the Millenium Falcon, without KOTOR just wouldn't be the same.
5. new swopp races
I'd agree with you if I knew what a 'swopp race is' ;).
6. corucant
As long as it fits in the story, yes.
7. a padawan
KOTOR is (in my opinion) about learning and your character getting stronger. Having a padawan is saying that you've learned everything, and kind of gets in the way of learning.
No. KOTOR is an RPG, not a flight sim.
9. replace T3-M4[/quote
No. He's like the R2-D2 of KOTOR, without him it wouldn't be the same.
[QUOTE=vader815]10. keep HK-47 or make and HK-48
Keep HK-47, yes. Make HK-48, no.
No. By then the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War would be old news.
12. yoda like companion
No matter how interesting it would be to see a short green guy wading through hordes of enemies, it wouldn't make up for having to put up with bad grammar.
13. hutt companion
A fat guy on a floating platform fighting with you? No thanks.
Indeed.
So we can have 58 suits of generic sith armour? No thanks.
That would be nice.
That would be nice.
18. bigger map area
I think they just need to get away from the tight tunnels and hallways.
19. more realistic NPC's
What do you mean by realistic?
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 5:24 PM
You know, I've been reading the stuff here and some is good and some is REALLY BAD. Mainly it's because of my strong bias to certain things in the game but I will say this: no to the 100 years afte TSL (what are you thinking!), leave the Ebon Hawk alone, no Hutt companions (they slime up the poop deck) and I like Rob Qel-Droma's idea of being able to ride a bantha or having a pod race like Episode 1.
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 2:54 AM
Q: weapon masters and sith marauders with two hand superior and lightsaber superior to be able to hold 2 double-bladed sabers
A: Being able to hold 2 Double Bladed Lightsabers would be awful.
Q: hooded robes
A: A good idea.
Q: combine lightsaber colors
A: Maybe.
Q: new ship
A: Maybe, but the Ebon Hawk should still be in the game.
Q: new swoop races
A: Such as?
Q: corucant
A: Agreed. And it's spelt Courscant.
Q: a padawan
A: You can get at least 4 on TSL.
Q: ablity to fly your ship
A: Sounds good.
Q: replace T3-M4
A: No, as he is a main character in the KOTOR Series.
Q: keep HK-47 or make and HK-48
A: Keep HK-47, but not so sure about HK-48.
Q: at least 100 years since last game
A: No, everyone from the first two games would be dead.
Q: yoda like companion
A: Not as a companion.
Q: hutt companion
A: A Hutt companion would be awful
Q: more unique character selection
A: Here Here.
Q: you get the weapon and armor of everyone you kill
A: No.
Q: if your stuned when force push you stay down until your un-stuned
A: That sounds fine.
Q: you die differently on how your killed
A: What?!?
Q: bigger map area
Agreed.
Q: more realistic NPC's
A: Yeah, but what do you mean?
 Point Man
01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
As someone with some experience in medieval combat (including using polearms), I have to jump in here. For everyone who wants to use two double-bladed lightsabers, try this:
1) Get two six-foot (two-meter) long dowel rods about 1.5 inches (4 cm) in diameter.
2) Take them outside.
3) Holding each pole at the midpoint with one hand, try to swing them around as you would in combat.
4) Now, drop one pole.
5) Placing both hands at about the center of one pole about twelve to eighteen inches (30-45 cm) apart, swing the pole as you would in combat.

Which system do you think would you use in combat?

There is a reason nobody uses two two-handed weapons: it does not work. If I entered into combat against an enemy trying that, I would be licking my chops; that is, after I quit doing this :laughing:
 Jae Onasi
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Part of the reason for making the double blade saber 'two-handed' is for leverage. If you try the experiment jimbo fett 66 describes above, you'll quickly discover you get no power/leverage using two double-blades. That's not even addressing the issue of how you handle a 6 foot thing on either side of you without cutting something off accidentally. You can swing around a double-blade saber with one hand, but you get no power, speed, or leverage. You need both hands to a. use the blade safely and b. generate the power and speed needed to make it an effective weapon form.
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:49 AM
I still have a thing against having a Hutt as an NPC. What is going to do, sit on you until you suffocate?
 Samurai DD
01-19-2006, 9:35 PM
I still have a thing against having a Hutt as an NPC. What is going to do, sit on you until you suffocate?

LOL!!! Hutt Companion is a totally crappy idea. Really, it makes no sense, and plus, a Hutt would not join a party like yours, they have a very predetermined life in various ways, because of the strange nature of their species and society.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Thank you. What did you do with your time, spend a few years in a Hutt society? :)
 kotor_freak
01-20-2006, 1:28 PM
hey i have just joined i was looking through all your comments and i agree that some are excellent and arent but i've came up with some ideas for kotor 3:

1 meet previous characters from kotor 1 and 2 (like the handmaiden or carth)
2 visit some more planets (corrursent maybe?)
3 more different kinds of spieces for your friends instead of most of them being human
4 new jedi council on a different planet
5 (i'm not sure about this one) be able to take about 3 friends with you instead of 2

i dont know if any of them are good but itas just a thought.
 Godrin
01-20-2006, 1:43 PM
There was a Hutt Jedi you know. I would think that if the game follows the Exile or Revan, then it would take place in the Unknown Regions and therefore would have lots of new planets. I personally have no desire to return to any of the planets already used.
 Diego Varen
01-20-2006, 1:54 PM
I have an idea for KOTORIII. At wherever the Jedi Council will be set (Courscant or Dantooine), you should be able to duel against Jedi Students, like when you fight the Handmaidens on Telos and as you get better you fight Jedi Masters and after each battle in the duel, you learn new Force Powers.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 4:39 PM
Sounds good but don't you get powers as you gain experience throughout the game? How about this Pottsie, you gain special powers learned from the masters kind of like when you learn the lighsaber forms in TSL? :)
 Godrin
01-20-2006, 6:16 PM
I have been searching and finally found the Hutt Jedi I mentioned earlier. Go here (http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Beldorian) to see.
 Diego Varen
01-20-2006, 6:20 PM
Sounds good but don't you get powers as you gain experience throughout the game? How about this Pottsie, you gain special powers learned from the masters kind of like when you learn the lighsaber forms in TSL? :)

You know what JediMaster12, that sounds even better than my previous idea. I did have another idea but forgot it. Why would you need Lightsaber Forms? I never bothered using them. Did anyone use them?
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 6:53 PM
I used them in TSL especially the Makashi against Sion and Kreia/Traya. I found it affective in reducing the damage taken and increasing hit bonus.
Page: 1 of 2