Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA wont connect to net games

Page: 1 of 1
 NRES_Mole
11-14-2000, 9:19 PM
it goes to the concourse, anyone know why?
And yes i have reinstalled
 K_Kinnison
11-14-2000, 10:13 PM
Hey mole

not real specific... so answer these questions so we can help you...

What exactly happens? do you have the RFP installed? the 2.02 installed? what is your Internet provider? what do you connect at? what modem are you using? and how do you connect?
 NRES_Mole
11-15-2000, 12:39 PM
well i play it on the zone, and so the zone should automatically load it into the multiplayer connection screen, the 1 half mins or disconnect one, but instead of doing that it just goes into the concourse, i don't have any of the "upgrades" on, but i do have 2.02 installed, it used to work but the stopped, so i uninstalled, deleted what was left, then did a complete reinstall, but the problem still occurs. My friends have no idea i don't, so does any one else? and the modem is a normal 56K modem.

Thx to anyone who can solve this one.
 NRES_Mole
11-15-2000, 12:39 PM
well i play it on the zone, and so the zone should automatically load it into the multiplayer connection screen, the 1 half mins or disconnect one, but instead of doing that it just goes into the concourse, i don't have any of the "upgrades" on, but i do have 2.02 installed, it used to work but the stopped, so i uninstalled, deleted what was left, then did a complete reinstall, but the problem still occurs. My friends have no idea i don't, so does any one else? and the modem is a normal 56K modem.

Thx to anyone who can solve this one.
 K_Kinnison
11-15-2000, 1:00 PM
What is your internet service provider? because some of the free ones interfere with XWA game and the internet
 NRES_Mole
11-15-2000, 4:02 PM
Its Freeserve BT surftime, but i have had xwa working for quite a while and then it stopped and just wont work anymore
 Keyan Farlander
11-15-2000, 4:48 PM
Maybe something changed on your ISP's end. Also, do you have a firewall going?
 NRES_Mole
11-15-2000, 6:00 PM
I don't have a firewall, but if it is the ISP's end i'm not to pls bout it http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif) But i don't really c how it could be them as they should really treat it as any other data flow.
 K_Kinnison
11-15-2000, 9:50 PM
I am not sure how Freeserve works, but sense "free" is in the word i will assume it is a banner type ISP... which do not like XWA because you cannot minuimize while playing the game.

you might want to have a 2nd ISP for gaming with XWA
 Admiral Alistair
11-16-2000, 12:26 AM
OK 2 things..... it has worked before correct? If so have you installed any new video drivers or any other drivers? Also, turn off any proxies you may have turned on in Internet Explorer. I have had this exact problem, the zone told me to turn off proxies, but in the end I discovered it to be my new video card drivers, so having a TNT2 chipset I went over to nVidia.com and downloaded their drivers instead of the ones CreativeLabs gave me and everything was up and running once again. Hope this helps. I had the EXACT same problem of going to the concourse.

------------------
OMEGA_ALISTAIR
admiral_alistair@hotmail.com
OMEGA Commander
OMEGA Chief Engineering Office
http://omega.clanpages.com)
 NRES_Mole
11-16-2000, 4:30 PM
I was talking to some one bout the video driver issue and i had installed the latest beta drivers for my asus geforce, i now have the release drivers and i'm just about to see if this has solved the problem. so hope for the best. Thx for the help it was getting on my nerves.
 NRES_Mole
11-17-2000, 1:30 PM
Well it now works, i have gone back to the release drivers and it now works, the drivers i was using was the Asus drivers for the V6800 version 5.33a which are beta, but the release drivers do work, so http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif) me now happy.
 Keyan Farlander
11-17-2000, 5:11 PM
Another job well done. We'll send you the bill http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)
Page: 1 of 1