Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn

Page: 3 of 5
 John Skywalker
12-09-2005, 3:00 PM
nice chapter RC i liked it:) its funny, all the fanfics I'm reading have action and mine has'nt got that far, and i love saber battles lol.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-09-2005, 4:02 PM
So sad about Tara. I liked her. :( Excellent work, by the way. :thumbsup: for you.
 Hallucination
12-09-2005, 8:19 PM
-40 cool points for killing Tara.
+120 cool points for working the word 'ginormous' in there :D
 JediKnight707
12-09-2005, 8:37 PM
-All your points for killing Tara
+20 cool points for having Yoda set a mine

*eyes narrow* How could you kill Tara? I mean, you were going out with her :rofl: (sorry if you take offense to that, couldn't resist)

Good chapter :)
 RC-1162
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
i re-award myself all my points, since you havent seen the next chapter yet. get my drift?? :D
 RC-1162
12-10-2005, 10:40 AM
so im not counting the minuses for tara's death because:
MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER!! READ ONLY IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY THE SUSPENSE!!:
tara isnt who she seems

so total cool score: 265
awesome!
 RC-1162
12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
here ya go, long chapter and reserructed Tara :D
-------------------------
SEVENTEEN

The Jedi Masters returned sorrowfully to the cockpit. Tara’s body bad been covered and they were taking it to Manaan to have it cremated in accordance with the Jedi tradition. They were sitting quietly in the cockpit mourning over their loss when the comm unit crackled to life, startling them.
“This………Knight…ra…….to Las….ike” came the distorted speech. Obi Wan leaned forward and adjusted the unit and the image came crystal clear. It was Tara! Impossible!
“This is Jedi Knight Tara to the Last Strike,” Tara repeated. “Master Windu, I presume you broke into Palpatine’s palace to bust me out, so why the heck did you run before I was even out?”
“Before you were even out? But I released you from the prison facilities and you got slashed in the stomach by the Emperor.” Mace said, abysmally confused.
“Huh? I was in the secure prisons in level -35. Where did you go?”
“That explains it; we went to the main facilities.”
“No wonder. Vader had suspected that you would do something like this, so he positioned a clone of me in a cell and another clone to ‘protect’ it.” Tara explained. “The imprisoned clone was instructed to team up with you and then send him back your location of hiding. Apparently the Emperor did not know that.”
“Where are you now?” Obi Wan asked.
“I managed to escape from the cell in all the confusion and am using a secure connection located at Level 0. Tell me when to meet you at the Hangars and I’ll be there.”
“Meet you?” Mace asked.
“You are coming back, right?”
Obi Wan slapped the emergency button and the ship pummeled out of Hyperspace. Obi Wan turned the ship around and reversed the coordinates; the Strike shot back into Hyperspace.
“We’ll be there in twenty minutes,” Obi Wan said. “I suggest you head to the Hangars and hide behind a ship somewhere.”
Tara nodded and the comm went blank.
The Jedi Knight doubled over and stood well hidden behind a large starship. She had encountered another clone of herself and took to hand to hand combat, since she did not have a weapon. Now she had a red-bladed saberstaff and was changing the color crystal so that the Masters would not take her for an enemy. She inserted the extra green color crystal she had taken from Ilum and cut and polished in Obi Wan’s Chyyra and snapped the case shut. She tossed away the red crystal; and immediately regretted it. The crystal shattered, producing what seemed to be an ear-splitting racket in the relatively quiet Hangar, drawing the attention of the Stormtroopers on duty. One peeped behind the ship.
“Get backup!” he yelled into his comlink. “We have a loose pri-” He was stopped mid-sentence by Tara’s blade passing across his neck, decapitating him, but the damage was done. The doors opened and two clones ran in, red blades flashing.
“How many clones did they make of me?” Tara mumbled. “Are they so jobless that they did not have anything else to do?”
Tara jumped high and landed on top of the ship. The clones followed suit. Igniting both her blades, Tara sprung into action swiping and slashing at the clones alternatively. Finally, she kicked one off the ship and spun her blades in a vertical circle, slicing the remaining clone’s torso in half lengthways. Wasting no time, she jumped down and continued fighting with the other. She spun around and delivered a roundhouse kick to the clone’s solar plexus, which caused it to drop to its knees. Tara launched another roundhouse kick at the clone’s head and stabbed it in the stomach. But by then, a squad of troopers had secured the Hangar, making escape impossible. A Storm Commando came up to Tara with a vibroblade. Tara leaned back to her left, lifted her right leg and kicked the Commando hard just below the chin. The Commando went limp and dropped to the ground. Suddenly, blaster cannons blared outside the hangar and eradicated half the troops. The Strike had arrived! Tara turned and ran. She took a running Force-aided leap and landed squarely on the open landing ramp. Turning back, she gave the remaining troopers a mock salute, laughed and walked in. Behind her, the ramp closed.
 RC-1162
12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
i think you should recognise taras kick to the commando as Shawn Micheals' famous "Sweet Chin Music" :D
ill try to add Rey Mysterio's "619" somewhere in the future chapters, or even Undertaker's "Tombstone" :D
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-10-2005, 1:49 PM
Nice work. But one thing about this Tara ressurecting: Never listen to others when you write your own book; Your book isn't 'your' book anymore if you do; it is now "people's lituerature" that everyone changes as they want.

Just to tell you that. Anyway :thumbsup: for you.
 JediKnight707
12-10-2005, 1:55 PM
I kinda figured that she wasn't dead...she was too much of a pivital person. Good work, keep it up :D
 John Skywalker
12-10-2005, 2:56 PM
good work RC i never thought she was alive:) keep it coming
 Hallucination
12-10-2005, 4:02 PM
+20 cool points for getting Tara back in there. Keep up the great work!
 RC-1162
12-11-2005, 1:26 PM
well, actually, i had this planned all along, i didnt bring her back because you gys became sad. (well 1% i did).
 MdKnightR
12-13-2005, 2:16 PM
Tara is an interesting character. I'm glad to see her back.
 RC-1162
12-15-2005, 3:07 PM
i am so sorry i could not post the new chap, but my heads outta ideas. im just playing through KotOR again to get some ideas and most probably the next chapter will be out tomorrow.
 RC-1162
12-16-2005, 8:42 AM
EIGHTEEN

Obi Wan took the ship into hyperspace after dumping Tara’s clone into space then returned to the cargo hold to discuss the situation. After listening to several useless ideas from Yoda, Mace and Tara, he raised his hands and the room fell silent. He turned to Tara.
“Didn’t Anakin teach you to construct droids on your own?” Obi Wan asked Tara.
Tara nodded.
“As long as you provide the parts, I don’t have that much money.”
“That we will do, Tara, I need you to construct an RM-619 Assassin Droid as quick as possible.” Obi Wan said urgently I can get you the parts from my hut on Tatooine and there’s a workbench there too.”
“Wait, wait,” said Mace fearfully. “You mean to tell us that you were planning to construct an assassin droid to murder the Chancellor?”
“Palpatine is a Sith Lord, Master Windu.” Obi Wan pressed.
“Yes, but assassinating a political leader is not what Jedi do.” Mace argued.
“Palpatine is a threat to what we have always stood for. Sometimes, we have to resort to drastic measures.”
“I will not let our beliefs crumble just because you want to end this tyranny quickly instead of taking it slow.”
“Taking it slow will cause the lives of thousands of people to be lost.”
“That is a risk we have to take.”
“It is not a risk, it is a certain fact. An unchangeable fact. If we do not act soon, the galaxy will be shrouded in darkness. I will not let that happen.”
Mace sighed and shook his head.
“I will agree only if you promise to decommission the droid after its use is over.”
Obi Wan nodded and said,
“No problem.”
Tara tightened the screw and stepped back from the droid she had been working on for the past three weeks from blueprints supplied by Obi Wan. Obi Wan smiled at her and told her to go and freshen up before they tried it out. Half an hour later, Tara returned. Clean and tidy.
They carried the droid outside, and drew back a safe distance from it, lest it blows up. Tara pushed the button with the Force and the droid hummed to life. It turned to them in a smooth motion and stood there. Tara deactivated it again and walked up to it. She inserted the program chip into the droid and switched it on again.
“Greetings, Master.” It said. “I am a fully functional RM-619 unit at your disposal. Obi Wan proceeded to give the droid its instructions.
 RC-1162
12-16-2005, 8:45 AM
guess what RM-619 means. a cookie for the correct answerer
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-16-2005, 1:54 PM
This... RM 619 is supposed to be a copy of HK, right? Or is he going to be something other than a sadistic robot?
 Rain128
12-16-2005, 2:49 PM
Is that the driod in the Tomb on Korraban in k1??

long shot i know /shrug
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-16-2005, 3:23 PM
^The droid didn't have a call sign. I don't think that it's it.
 JediKnight707
12-16-2005, 3:47 PM
Ray Mesterio his move is the 619, right?
 Hallucination
12-16-2005, 7:17 PM
I don't know who that droid is, but I like the idea of the jedi using assasins.
@Vlad: You need a custom title, it make you look cooler.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-16-2005, 7:20 PM
Ray Mesterio his move is the 619, right?

Yes

He/She might not want a custom title.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-16-2005, 8:14 PM
How do I make a custom title? I tried looking under the section "Edit Options" but I couldn't find anything that affects the custom title.

He/She might not want a custom title.
Um... Vladimir is the most common Slavic male name.
 Hallucination
12-16-2005, 9:18 PM
^Go to 'edit Profile'. Its the first option you should be able to edit.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-16-2005, 9:21 PM
^Go to 'edit Profile'. Its the firs option you should have to edit.
It's okay I just found it.

Anyway, RC 1162... Uh, what characterises this droid?
 Hallucination
12-16-2005, 9:22 PM
^Thats a good question. Does he like like long walks on the beach, pina coladas or dancing in the rain? :xp:
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-16-2005, 9:27 PM
^
Er... I meant is he a sissy C-3PO too-much-talking droid; or a mean, sadistic, emotionless killing machine.
 Hallucination
12-16-2005, 10:22 PM
^I doubt they want C-3PO assasinating the emperor, but I know what you mean. He'd probably either be emotionless, or maybe a less violent HK.
 RC-1162
12-17-2005, 6:32 AM
cookie for JK 707
this droid is more obedint to masters that 3PO and more violent to enemies than HK 47.
maybe i should name it an RK 0 unit (haha).
 MdKnightR
12-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Great chapter! I could actually hear the voices of Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan MacGregor in my head while they were arguing over the assassination droid. Great work!
 RC-1162
12-18-2005, 10:10 AM
thanks. i thought it would be good to show you that even great Jedi Masters argue like kids :lol:
next chap will be up soon
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-18-2005, 10:19 AM
i thought it would be good to show you that even great Jedi Masters argue like kids :lol:
I think that it would be better if they argued about who is going to take the type of food with less calories (They need to be fit. Ha Ha Ha)
 RC-1162
12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
"Arparagus is better"
"No, broccoli is."
"Apsaragus."
"Broccoli."
"Apsaragus."
"Broccoli."
Mace punches Obi Wan in the face and a cantina fight begins.

:D that good enough for ya? :rofl:
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
^Ha Ha Ha! Thanks for that.
 JediKnight707
12-18-2005, 4:13 PM
:rofl:
 RC-1162
12-20-2005, 11:30 AM
NINETEEN

The elevator doors in the Hangar levels of Palpatine’s place opened and a fully hooded figure strode in. Every inch of his body was covered by a cloak; his head was shrouded in shadow by a large hood. The figure stayed in the elevator until he reached the 100th level. As he walked out, a stormtrooper came up to him.
“Hey!” he said. “You don’t have authorization to be here.”
The figure turned to face him.
“I don’t need it.” he replied in a synthetic voice. He raised his hand and sent the trooper flying into the wall with one punch. Nodding in satisfaction, he made his way into the Emperor’s office. The place was cleaned up from the Jedi’s strike at the Sith and Palpatine seemed to have no worries as he sat in his seat, looking out onto the great surface of Coruscant. Sensing the approach of a strange personality, Palpatine turned and faced the figure.
“Who are you?” he demanded. “How dare you enter my office without my approval?”
RM-619 threw off his cloak and drew two Sharpshooter pistols from his waist holsters.
“Kicking your Sith butt.”
RM began to fire at the Emperor at full speed, pulling the triggers in the blink of an eye alternatively. Palpatine jumped up and about trying to evade the bolts but eventually the droid would get him and he knew it too. Grabbing his lightsaber from his belt, he jumped in front of the droid and swiped at the droid’s waist horizontally. The droid’s heightened capabilities and excellent joint maneuverability served it well. As the red blade came near his waist, RM bent backwards at his hip joints, making a right angle between his legs and his torso and when the blade was flying away, he straightened up again in a smooth fluid motion.
RM stepped back and raised both his arms. With his right arm, he grabbed the hilt of a Poison-VibroSword and on his left arm, a panel opened and a small canister popped out. A flamethrower.
Working both the weapons in conjunction, RM-619 began overpowering the Emperor. Finally, with one vicious swipe, he forced the Emperor on the ground. As he raised his VibroSword, a red bar appeared through its torso. The droid’s circuitry sparked and it fell over. Behind him, stood Darth Vader.
“I am sorry I did not arrive earlier, My Master.” Vader said.
“Save your apologies, Lord Vader. Find out who sent this droid after me and reprogram it to attack them. These strikes on my Palace will ruin the peace of the Galaxy.”
“It will be done, My Lord.” Vader said with a bow.
4 hours later, the droid was repaired. Vader then accessed its main memory core. Connecting it to a datapad, he went through the data stored in the droid. It was apparently newly constructed by some ‘Tara’ and was ordered by an ‘Obi Wan’ to assassinate the Emperor by any means necessary.
Vader frowned beneath his mask. Obi Wan was the last person he would suspect of doing such a thing. Vader brought his attention back on the droid. He wiped its memory and programmed new objectives: “Track down and kill my maker, then activate self-destruct sequence.”
Vader powered up the RM-619 unit and it walked out without a word.
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 2:46 PM
Nice chapter :thumbsup: A little short, but nice :D
 RC-1162
12-20-2005, 3:04 PM
thanks, wait till you see what happens to the Jedi :D
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 4:12 PM
*thunder dies of old age, I ressurect it from the dead and it rumbles one more time* Is it me, or did you use a different font for the chapter number than you did for the others???????????????????????????
 RC-1162
12-21-2005, 2:28 AM
yeah because the other fonts come out small, im changing the others too.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-21-2005, 8:42 AM
Nice one. :thumbsup: for you.
 RC-1162
12-22-2005, 12:36 PM
TWENTY

The droid got back into the ship it came to Coruscant on. It flipped a switch and the Dexconn lifted off the hangar floor. 10 minutes later, it was in hyperspace.
Tara was pacing up and down tensely. She turned to Obi Wan.
“Are you sure that you instructed it to report to us after its objective was complete?”
“Yes, Tara, I am very sure.” Obi Wan replied. “Why are you so tense?”
“I’m worried that they might access the droid’s memory core and find out our location.”
“Now, now.” Yoda said. “Hardcoded, all assassin droids’ memory cores are. Break them, No one can.”
“Anakin can.” Tara replied, not calmed one bit. “He bypassed the code on a hunter-killer prototype version of an SBD when we came across on while on a self assigned mission to Muunilist to get Durge. When we heard that you were there, we were on our way back but this thing stopped us. Anakin just powered it off with the Force, bypassed the code and sent it after Grievous. Apparently it didn’t kill him as it was supposed to.”
Obi Wan also began to feel tense after this bit of information.
“We can only hope for the best.” he said.
Tara continued pacing.
The Dexconn shot into realspace and RM took it skillfully to the hut of Obi Wan Kenobi. It set the ship down and got out. Wrapping its metal fingers around the butts of his Sharpshooter pistols, he walked up to the door of the hut and knocked. Obi Wan opened the door; and the Force’s warning came to him as strong as a slap to the face. Obi Wan dodged to the side as RM pulled the trigger. The Jedi whipped their lightsabers out in unison and began deflecting the bolts. But Tara had done her job well. Even without the Force, the droid’s excellent reflexes allowed it to evade the deflected bolts as a Jedi would. It continued to fire and dodge as the Jedi desperately sought a way out. Finally, without thinking, Tara yanked the droid through the Force and it flew across the room into the wall.
“Let’s go!” Obi Wan yelled. They scrambled out of the hut with the droid in hot pursuit.
“To the Chyyra!” Mace shouted, running like mad. The four of them piled into Obi Wan’s ship and took it off the ground, Tara in the cockpit. She was about to engage the main drive when an idea struck her. She turned the hovering craft to face the droid, who was now firing at the ship’s fuselage, not causing and damage. She flipped a switch and small cannon appeared out of its side. She pushed a button and an ion burst deactivated the droid in an instant. She set the craft down and opened the ramp.
“What are you doing?” Obi Wan yelled. “Get us out of here!”
“The droid is offline, Master” Tara said. “It’s a good thing you had ion cannons.”
Tara ran down the ramp to the droid.
“No major damage,” she announces. “It’s just offline. No doubt Vader got to its core.”
“Repair it, you must.” Yoda said. “And next time, go with it, we shall.”
“Repair it!” Mace asked, not believing what he had heard. “That thing almost killed us, how do you know it won’t turn on us again.”
“Change its program back to default, we will.”
“And what if Vader turns it on us again? Next time, we won’t be as lucky.”
“That is why he said we will go with it.” Obi Wan said exasperatedly. “No offense, Master, but please stop being so pessimistic. If you don’t want to come, you can stay here and we’ll go without you.”
Mace was quiet at this for a few seconds; then he said,
“My conditions still stand.”
“Decommissioned, the droid shall be. But for now, need it we do.” Yoda said, finally beginning to get annoyed.
Mace nodded and the three other Jedi heaved a sigh of relief inwardly.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Nice. :thumbsup: for you.

By the way, how does the thing look like?
 RC-1162
12-22-2005, 1:08 PM
ill post it soon.
 JediKnight707
12-22-2005, 1:42 PM
you better or else, im hunting your ass down with my OWN DROID!!!!! *thunder kills itself*
 RC-1162
12-22-2005, 2:10 PM
*slaps your face again* :D

here ya go:
clicky (http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1903/droid5on.jpg)
 JediKnight707
12-22-2005, 2:41 PM
A BIONICLE????????
 RC-1162
12-22-2005, 2:42 PM
hey i had only that. and i thought it looked cool too.
 JediKnight707
12-22-2005, 2:48 PM
Well, I'm not saying it doesn't look cool, its just funny your "killer assasian droid" is really a lego :D
Page: 3 of 5