Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA has bit the saber

Page: 1 of 1
 Delta Z
10-31-2000, 7:28 PM
Hello, all.
Now that I have your attention, I need some help. My copy of XWA updated to v2.02 has randomly and for no reason, died. I'm currently on Mission 6, battle 2, so this really blows. When trying to play the game at the launcher screen (where it asks you to press play, or pilot or configure, etc) after pressing play, I get a small error box with an exclamation point that says "over here!", with a pressable/clickable 'ok' button. After pressing ok, i receive a !@#$%^&* error message asking me to "please reinstall XWA from original cd and try again". As you can probably imagine, I am more than a little frustrated. Has anyone else encountered this? Do I have to reinstall or is there a tweak? Lastly, if i am up the creek, can I just copy my pilot file (.plt i think?) into a new install of XWA an maintain my current status? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks.
Delta Z

------------------
Bachelor's degree? got that--now what?
 Keyan Farlander
10-31-2000, 7:52 PM
I believe that if you uninstall XWA, you will be given an option to keep your pilots, so you don't even have to worry about copying it.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Fondas
11-01-2000, 4:21 AM
Yes, during the uninstall procedure there is a check button, the option to keep your pilot(s) file(s). The other option is to copy your *.plt files to a safe place uninstall, reinstall and copy them back into the XWA directory. By choosing your pilot, you'll be back to your previous status.

------------------
"Citius, Altius, Fortius"
TZG+7
 Delta Z
11-01-2000, 4:49 PM
Thanks to both of you. I reinstalled without any problems and resumed from my previous point. I still don't have a clue what happened. My drive is in perfect health and I don't have any viruses. Who knows. Again, thanks for the help.

------------------
"Ally to Good, nightmare to you!"- Goku
Page: 1 of 1