Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Sith

Page: 1 of 2
 Tallonenx
10-30-2005, 10:00 AM
In K3 will we be able to meet the "real" sith that Revan sought? Does any one know, and if not-

would you like to fight the sith (to control (darkside) them or destroy (lightside) them, and be able to have Revan and the Exile battle the sith together?
 RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Welcome to LucasForums!

I don't think anybody knows whether we are going to fight the "true Sith". I think it would be nice to go darkside and actually control the Sith in-game, instead of always being on your own side until the end.
 Darth_Terros
10-30-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't think anybody knows whether we are going to fight the "true Sith". I think it would be nice to go darkside and actually control the Sith in-game, instead of always being on your own side until the end.

Agreed!

I actually want to feel like the dark lord of the sith! it'd be cool if you could choose your own Darth name too
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
We won't see the "true Sith". They're extinct. As the loading screen in KotOR says:
"The true Sith died out millenia ago. The Sith of this era of not a species, but followers of an ideal."
 IndianaSolo
10-30-2005, 12:18 PM
I think it would be nice to go darkside and actually control the Sith in-game, instead of always being on your own side until the end.

What I've always hoped for was that if you went DS, you actually could truly become a Sith Lord and control the Sith forces. It would be more work for the developers, but it would increase replay value. Little things like if you are a Sith, if you come across Sith they don't attack you.
 Bastila
10-30-2005, 1:41 PM
I hope the true sith is not just a human but maybe a energy thing or something else.
 Darth Moeller
10-30-2005, 1:44 PM
Nobody really knows what we'll see in K3, but I do hope that we will be able to search for Revan and either team up with him or fight him. Though it's possible Revan won't even appear in the game. And I highly doubt that the Exile will be in the game because of appearance issues.
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 2:22 PM
^ Those appearence issues will affect Revan, as well, unless he's in his cloak and mask again, in which case he would have fallen (again).
 Darth Moeller
10-30-2005, 2:27 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that, and like you said I guess the only way to include Revan in the game would be to put him in his cloak and mask. Though I guess for a good revan they could always use the Star Forge robes and just use the regular Revan model instead of the model you get when you get the Star Forge robes, because the texture works either way. But unless you play as the Exile or Revan, I guess I doubt either will make an appearance in the game, though both or at least Revan will be mentioned often.
 AnarKy
10-30-2005, 2:55 PM
But problem is if you go dark side an take control of the true sith is that you will not be able to take control of the republic, and i dont like the idea of playing a game and taht at the end you just loose.
 RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 6:20 PM
Huh? If you go dark side and take control of the Sith you will not be able to take control of the republic, and you will lose? That doesn't make any sense.
 Blaze629
10-30-2005, 6:31 PM
If I go DS, I would like to be able to control Sith forces. That's a pretty good idea. After you wipe out Republic forces, you go to the unknown regions and maybe find the "True Sith" (if there is such a thing) or maybe something worse. :)
 IndianaSolo
10-30-2005, 6:33 PM
But problem is if you go dark side an take control of the true sith is that you will not be able to take control of the republic, and i dont like the idea of playing a game and taht at the end you just loose.

What?
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 7:52 PM
If I go DS, I would like to be able to control Sith forces. That's a pretty good idea. After you wipe out Republic forces, you go to the unknown regions and maybe find the "True Sith" (if there is such a thing) or maybe something worse. :)

YOU CANNOT FIND THE TRUE SITH! THEY NO LONGER EXIST! THEY ARE EXTINCT! THEY HAVE BEEN FOR MILLENIA!
 DarthLinde
10-30-2005, 8:53 PM
We won't see the "true Sith". They're extinct. As the loading screen in KotOR says:
"The true Sith died out millenia ago. The Sith of this era of not a species, but followers of an ideal."
It also says Revan was dead.;)
 Blaze629
10-30-2005, 10:00 PM
YOU CANNOT FIND THE TRUE SITH! THEY NO LONGER EXIST! THEY ARE EXTINCT! THEY HAVE BEEN FOR MILLENIA!
This game is WIDE open to new storylines. You don't control that and the EU is CONSTANTLY being rewritten. Who is to say that LA won't put this into game? You don't know what they are going to put into this game any more than me. If Lucasarts wants them in this game, it will happen. Maybe you should go bitch at them and not me.
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 10:01 PM
@ Darth Linde: That was to avoid the revelation being spoiled. It's a well known fact that the true Sith are extinct. It's not only KotOR that says so.
As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the laoding screens actually said that Revan was dead. I think the only time that it is said that Revan was dead was when Carth tells you that Bastila was with the strike team that boarded Revan's ship. He thought Revan was dead, just like the rest of the galaxy.

This game is WIDE open to new storylines. You don't control that and the EU is CONSTANTLY being rewritten. Who is to say that LA won't put this into game? You don't know what they are going to put into this game any more than me. If Lucasarts wants them in this game, it will happen. Maybe you should go bitch at them and not me.
Maybe you should learn more about the history in Star Wars before you make posts.
I didn't mean to offend you, but I had said earlier that the Sith were extinct and you apparently didn't read that, or you would have added something explaining how the Sith could have hidden from the galaxy or something. I'm sorry if I offended you.
 Blaze629
10-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I accept. I know plenty about Star Wars history. Beyond the outer rim, anything is possible I would think. Whatever is implemented into this game I could care less. It will be purchased by me regardless. :)
 lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2005, 11:06 PM

Pure BS. Remember what Ki-Adi Mundi and the rest of the Jedi council in Ep. 1 believed that there was no more Sith at all. Yet, some survived.

People in K2 believed the Jedi to be extinct yet some survived.

The Ratakan were thought to have dissapeared yet they survived.

You cannot make such a sweeping statement without taking into consideration that history is never truly accurate.
 deathdisco
10-30-2005, 11:23 PM

The REAL Sith the game suggest Revan went off to fight are the interbred mix of the Sith species and the Dark Jedi that were exiled by the Order that found them.

Also that quote was in reference to Revan/Malak and their followers not being true Sith. No one was aware what was going on beyond the known regions of space were the TRUE Sith Empire lies.
 Aurora Merlow
10-31-2005, 4:20 AM
i agree, I think the true sith are out beyond the outer rim and that's who Revans gone anto fight\join,d that they are the original dark jedi who mixed with the sith species after the first split in the jedi order. Kreia says something about it in TSL, how over generation of inter-breading the two became one. Maybe thats what they meant in kotor when they said the species died out a melinia ago

i'm hoping they're something special, they'd be cool to have to battle
 Prime
10-31-2005, 9:11 AM
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 10:24 AM
I agree. Doctor, it doesn't matter what it says, LIAYD has a good point. No one thought that the Sith were alive either in Episode 1, but they were. I do agree that most if not all of the "true Sith" are dead, but dark Jedi intermixed with that race, so there could be a large group out there that are half dark Jedi, half Sith species; Ones who still have the Sith blood in them. They aren't "true Sith", granted, but they are the last living descendants that are still members of that line.
 lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2005, 4:03 PM
I know it's Star Wars, but the idea that we could breed with another specie just sounds weird...at least for me...
 Prime
11-01-2005, 9:31 AM
I know it's Star Wars, but the idea that we could breed with another specie just sounds weirdAnd it is actually impossible by the very definition of "species".
 lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 7:42 PM
Yeah, that's the thing. Even if the True Sith are very genetically similar, it would simply be impossible. Like how we can't have babies with chimps.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 7:45 PM
^Still, that is what happened, we are talking about SW history. That is stuff that has already happened.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2005, 7:47 PM
No, of course not :rolleyes:

Seriously, I was just expressing my opinion on the matter.
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 10:15 PM
I know that. To tell you the truth, I agree 100% with you. That is kind of wierd. It is just I was saying that we can't do anything about it.
 The Doctor
11-02-2005, 5:18 PM
What I never understood was how the species was destroyed (or partially, for those of you who disagree with me)? Did the Dark Jedi kill them? Is it written somewhere?
 Blaze629
11-02-2005, 10:35 PM
You know that's a good question Doc. We always hear of their extinction but I don't remember any books or anything actually giving the details about their demise. What did Kreia say about the Sith on Korriban in KOTOR II? Did it give any details to their demise? I don't remember if she does. I don't think she does but I could be mistaken. I think she just gives information about the dead Sith Lords' and their deaths but not the demise of the sith species. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Sabretooth
11-03-2005, 8:02 AM
*Wears AnitBash armour*

What if the true Sith are actually the Yuuzhan Vong

possible.
 Prime
11-03-2005, 9:32 AM
*Wears AnitBash armour*

What if the true Sith are actually the Yuuzhan Vong

possible.This has been suggested before, and has more or less be squashed by Lucasfilm. The reason that the Vong were originally created was because Lucas stipulated that the Sith were now extinct thanks to Anakin and so off limits. At least that was the story at the time.

However, it sounds as though the Legacy of the Force series will include Lumina (sp?), who was originally in the Marvel Comics series way back in the day and was an apprentice to Vader, and thus potentially a Sith of some sort (this was before the Rule of Two came about in TPM). This remains to be seen. It also appears in the current book trilogy that a certain Jedi Knight may be falling to the dark side and so may begin a new light/dark jedi conflict. Whether the Sith name would potentially be adopted is also just speculation.
 DarthLinde
11-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Kinda reminds my of Destroy all humans, the whole interbreeding thing.
 Harmor
11-09-2005, 3:22 PM
Hello everyone here on the forums, first post - w00t :p

Anyhow, according to some sources on the net about the expanded universe, the TRUE Sith were a primitive race who lived on Korriban MILLENNIAS ago. In what is called the original schizm, a Jedi named Xendor rallied other Jedi who thought that meditating and a life in peace wasn't the purpose for them. Those were known as the original Dark Jedi. The Jedi managed to defeat them, and Xendor along with a couple of surviving Dark Jedi fled to Korriban where they met the Sith. The Sith worshipped the Dark Jedi as Gods, so those Dark Jedi soon were referred to as Lord(s) of the Sith. Over the millennias, they procreated with each other, and the original race of the Sith went extinct. Korriban became the center of the initial Sith Empire.

Over time, the word Sith lost its original meaning as a name for the race of sentients living on Korriban to become what it is known for today.

Phew ... does that now qualify me as nerd among nerds? ;)
 Axe Windu
11-09-2005, 3:52 PM
Ok... first something wayyy up there. Revan could appear in his Revan dark robes costume. That doesnt neccisarily mean hes evil. I mean it would imply such a thing but Revan was infamous... everyone knew him... maybe not beyond the outer rim but everyone. Maybe Revan would dress this way so upon sight the True Sith or whoever would know hes Revan and he means buisiness. Or maybe Im wrong thats just what I think. Itd be the only way to really put Revan in the game.

Ok about the True Sith. Yeah so in Knighty Olds 1 they had a lil tid bit about how there extinct. Noone goes beyond the outer rim who knows whats out there. There was a fish called the sealacant or whatever we thought was extinct for like 1000 years them some dude caught one. Kreia says there out there waiting planning whatever. Maybe its the true race of the sith, maybe its hybrids, maybe its both. I personally imagine the true sith would kinda be like nightmares in dungeons and dragons. Like made of shadow and dark energy and smoke. Or maybe the True Sith is an incarnation of the dark side and could take forms of dead characters weve seen liek Malak... like the dark side did on Koriban in TSL or like the 1st evil in Buffy the Vampire slayer. All I know is that if we dont see the True Sith or some incarnation of them in Knighty Olds 3 then the entire last half of the storyline in the last game is pointless. All the ending talks about is how Revan went out into space to find the true sith, how you gotta do that, and how there out there. And then the .5 second end movie shows you doing that. So we better fight some type of true sith thing! Maybe they live on Koribaan and then went into exile after the schism. Like Yoda did... I hope the true sith invade known space and Admiral Onasi or Clan Ordo arranges a fleet to stop them and it just gets reckd... like when the Borg came to earth in Star Trek... thatd be sweet. I mean that could be the Mandalorians last stand or the death of Carth... and who doenst wanna see the death of Carth... I hope Carth turns out to be the true sith just so I can kill him.

Oh and screw the Yusang Vong or whatever... screw them screw them screw them.... they are not the True Sith they are stupid... I hate them... I hate when people talk about them... I hate there very fictional existance...
 The Doctor
11-09-2005, 4:13 PM
WELCOME, HARMOR!
When Kriea spoke of the "true Sith", I think she meant those who were truly worthy of being called the Sith. Not the species.
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 4:27 PM
All I know is that if we dont see the True Sith or some incarnation of them in Knighty Olds 3 then the entire last half of the storyline in the last game is pointless.

Well, not necessarily as I see it. The Sith (dark Jedi) are still a good enemy, you could have some new enemies, or it could be perhaps a species we have seen before that gets fed up. There is still Mandalorians, The Exchange, the Sith, we could have some elite guys like the Krath, or some new hostile species in the Uknown Regions. While I agree that we will be fighting some unknown evil out in the UR, I don't think it is going to be the Sith (species). I don't think the devs would contradict other information.
 Harmor
11-09-2005, 4:37 PM
The only chance to fight the Sith species would be if you were to timetravel to when the species existed (thousands of years before the events of Kotor 1+2) which is rather unlikely. Other than that, what Rob-Qel Droma said - fighting the Sith species in Kotor III would be contradictory to the Star Wars timeline.
 Axe Windu
11-09-2005, 8:42 PM
If there beyond the outer rim though they could still exist, or it could be the remains of what they were like decendants or hybrids. The new series of star wars movies has already contridicted stuff in the books. Its a video game its not gonna be that big of a deal to pull out remnants of a sith species from beyond the outer rim. Or maybe like dark side incarnations. So what you think by True Sith Kreia simply meant sith that were more bad ass then Malak and Sion? And you dont think that the fact that Revan went there to fight them, Kreia says thats what you do, and thats what you do at the end matters? Maybe were just gonna fight the stuff weve been fighting the last two games? If what she said about the true sith beyond the outer rim doesnt somehow effect this game thats gonna make me think the ending was pointless and make me twice as dissapointed with the ending of TSL. Seriously I could see this just totally making this game awesome. Like Venom being in a spiderman movie or dark pheonix or the borg. A new crazy threat that just whips into known space and seems invincible. Just like pure evil pure darkside. Who knows maybe you could get a sith hybrid in your party some how or something. I could see the true sith being some ultra bad ass but it would have to be hardcore like rating M for mature bad ass.
 Alkonium
11-09-2005, 8:52 PM
^ Those appearence issues will affect Revan, as well, unless he's in his cloak and mask again, in which case he would have fallen (again).
Not necessarily. He could be wearing a lightside version of that stuff. Remember the Star Forge Robes?
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 9:19 PM
Or you could choose his appearence in-game, which you would probably have to do with the Exile too. But then they could use the Star Forge/Revan's robes too just for Revan.
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 1:27 AM
or he could be wearing the robes just to symbolize hes Revan... like hes infamous and well known people would know the robes and respect or fear him... or yeah you could choose it in game... or maybe the exile and revan could use the force to fuse and create Rexile a super being that is used to stop the Sith... there could be a new ability: Force Fusion... you could meditate and use the force to combine your essence and youd have mad powers cause of your tons of medachlorians... yeah... hey crazier things have happened. Anikan was concieved by metachlorians and turned to the dark side in less time then it takes to finish reading this sentance. Anakin betrayed a lifetime of training and hard work because of a vague promise that he had no reason to believe by someone he knew was a dark lord of the sith. Yah know the people that are known for deception and killing millions of people. A dark lord whose aprentice cut his arm off and tried to kill him and padme. He did this based on a 20 second dream sequence. Then he chokes padme rendering the entire reason he turned to the dark side pointless. Wait that was because he was under its influence right? Wrong if he was under its influence he wouldnt have fealt remorse for his actions in the end of the movie. "Anakin Senator Palpatine is Evil" "From my point of view the Jedi are evil" well lets compare... Jedi use there force powers to protect and heal... the Sith use theres to choke people to death...
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 9:32 AM
or he could be wearing the robes just to symbolize hes Revan... like hes infamous and well known people would know the robes and respect or fear him.

That is why we were talking about the Star Forge robes. Like Revan's robes, but light brown/tan and brown so that he wouldn't seem evil if he was LS.

or maybe the exile and revan could use the force to fuse and create Rexile a super being that is used to stop the Sith... there could be a new ability: Force Fusion... you could meditate and use the force to combine your essence and youd have mad powers cause of your tons of medachlorians... yeah... hey crazier things have happened.

Um... NO. I doubt that would make any sense or not sound corny. They are going to fuse together!?!? Oh great, now we have "Tyrannosauros Rexile", running around wreaking havoc and fighting inside itself. Not to mention that it would be a bit strange if Exile was female and Revan was male. That is a little bit off the edge there.
 Robb Stark
11-10-2005, 12:46 PM
How's this:

ORIGINAL Sith = the primitive Sith species of Korriban with a naturally/biologically(?) strong connection to the Dark Side of the Force. now extinct.

True Sith = descendants of Sith species who somehow bred with the Dark Jedi who came to Korriban. the only remnants of the ORIGINAL Sith.

**Together the True Sith and whatever remained of the ORIGINAL Sith forged the GREAT SITH EMPIRE
-At the end of the Great Sith Empire, Marka Ragnos died and a civil war arose between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. This also marks the Great Hyperspace War in which the Republic fought against Sadow's and Kressh's forces and ended the Great Sith Empire. *Remnants of the Sith Empire fled into the Unknown Regions of space beyond the Outer Rim*

Freedon Nadd's Sith = fallen Jedi under the direction of Freedon Nadd and influenced by the life force of Naga Sadow. looked to start a new Sith Empire starting with Onderon. much lost Sith knowledge was recovered and brought to the surface and the Krath cult was resurrected.

Exar Kun's Sith = fallen Jedi and Krath under the direction of Exar Kun and influenced by the life force of Freedon Nadd and the ghost of Marka Ragnos. looked to conquer the Republic and defeat the Jedi.

UNKNOWN SITH = the Sith who approached the Mandalorians (per Canderous in KOTOR1), prompting the eventual Mandalorian attack on the Republic. These are probably the Sith Revan is searching for beyond the Unknown Regions. They are also PROBABLY the remnants of the Great Sith Empire that fled during the Great Hyperspace War. They are the biologically True Sith, though only descendants of the ORIGINAL Sith.

Revan's Sith = the fallen Jedi and soldiers of Revan and Malak's reborn Sith Empire dedicated to conquering the Republic.

New Sith (per Kreia) = force users dedicated to wiping out the Jedi.

So the threat sitting out there in the Unknown Regions that Revan and Exile are going to fight is the remnants of the Great Sith Empire that fled during the Great Hyperspace War and bided their time until the Republic and Jedi were weak again. They are directly related, biologically and culturally, to Marka Ragnos' Sith. Believing they were close to the strength they needed to conquer the galaxy, these Unknown Sith urged the Mandalorians to attack the Republic hoping to weaken it. The Jedi Council sensed some force working behind the Mandalorian attack and wished not to get involved so that they had the necessary strength for the true threat. But Revan and Malak decided to lead the Republic's forces against the Mandalorians and took many Jedi with them. Revan defeated the Mandalorians, but having been corrupted by the Dark Side unknowingly did exactly what the Unknown Sith wanted by attacking the Republic and weakening the Jedi (perhaps this suggests that these Unknown Sith are the true masters of the Dark Side). After Revan reformed and defeated Malak, the New Sith laid waste to the greatly weakened Jedi. Exile defeats these New Sith and then goes to fight the Unknown Sith with Revan.

The loading screen that says "True Sith are extinct" actually means "ORIGINAL Sith." When it says "Today's Sith are followers of an ideal" it means "Revan and Malak's Sith."
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Actually what I understood was that yes, the Sith Species intermarried with Dark Jedi, but the culture pretty much disolved and became "the Sith," who were more or less dark force-using humans after thousands of years, after the original Sith blood had dissappeared from them and some of them had been wiped out by the Republic. So, the terms Sith and Dark Jedi got used for the same thing, the term "Sith" no longer talking about a species.

So I think that there will be different factions of Sith that will arrise, each having their own purpose, but as far as the "True Sith" goes, no. I doubt we are going to be fighting a Sith species, just a group/Dark Jedi.
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 1:01 PM
That's pretty damn cool, I like that approach. Especially since nothing else makes sense as the REAL motivation behind the mandalorian attack. Well thought.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 1:09 PM
I think somewhere you get told that the Sith manuevred the Mandalorians to attack in TSL.

If we are going to be facing Sith, as I said, we will not be facing a species. We will only perhaps be facing those who have some of the blood in them, and at that only very little. It probably would have thinned out by this time. But the rest is pretty good, there are several different groups of Sith with different motivations and goals. And I think that there will be Sith out in the Unknown Regions, just not a species or some half-breed.
 Robb Stark
11-10-2005, 1:27 PM
RobQD, I didn't mean to imply that they were exactly half-breeds. More like early Neanderthals that interbred with homo sapiens. Those people two-thousand generations later descended from such a mingling are clearly humans, but they still probably carry a few traits that were associated with Neanderthals...hence one can say they are descended from Neanderthals, though I agree that is generally not a very meaningul statement. In the case of the Sith though, it's not unreasonable to suppose that someone who has a blood connection to the ORIGINAL Sith, even hundreds of generations removed, might have a stronger connection with the Dark Side than a normal being. I agree with you that their culture is a distinct "Sith" culture that is the major unifying force between their peoples rather than any notion of a biological/blood connection, but I believe they have ties to the Sith of Marka Ragnos' time rather than some new group that decided to adopt Sith culture or adopt Sith ideals like Revan's Sith.
 Harmor
11-10-2005, 1:32 PM
Where does it actually say that the original Sith species had any connection to the force? They were supposedly a primitive race and the force was brought to them by the initial Dark Lords using Korriban, the Sith homeworld, as a hideout. Only then did the Sith get a glimpse of the force. If you look at the facts given to us ... 1) the original Sith species would probably not have been primitive had they felt the force before and 2) they would have not worshipped the Dark Lords as Gods had they known the force.
Page: 1 of 2