Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i cant get the ship list in to my Alliance disk

Page: 1 of 1
 Heero
10-16-2000, 2:03 AM
it keeps saying disk is write protected. i cant take it anymore. ive tried everything can someone help me
 Keyan Farlander
10-16-2000, 10:34 AM
What do you mean? Are you trying to put it on a floppy disk? If so, there's a little switch-like thing in one corner of the disk that switches between write-enable and write-protect. If you're trying to put it on the CD, well, you can't do that! You should just be trying to put it in the XWA directory on your hard drive. Or did I not understand the question?

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Heero
10-17-2000, 10:17 PM
i Tried that it wont work. Im going CRAZY O=
 Keyan Farlander
10-17-2000, 10:25 PM
Please tell me the exact steps you are taking, and I can be more specific with help.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Heero
10-19-2000, 12:03 AM
I go to the My Computer. I go to C. I go to Progam files. Then lucasarts, xwa then i load the file into it. but it doesnt work ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 Keyan Farlander
10-22-2000, 4:45 AM
Right-click on the X-wing Alliance folder, and select Properties. If "Read only" is checked, remove it. That's about the only thing I can think of that might cause this.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

- Bill Gates
Page: 1 of 1