Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 3 clone trooper armour and helmet

Page: 1 of 1
 Clone__Commando
10-29-2005, 6:33 PM
been looking around and havnt seen this question yet so ill ask it. couldnt you take a previous version of the clone trooper armour and change it to an episode 3 version? it seems like all you would have to do is fix the horn shaped thing on the helmet, if you started with the stormtrooper armour. i dont know where to even start with changing the dimensions or anything of a model, if anyone needs a pic. here they are,

http://www.neilhetzel.com/files/neil/KFT/EppIIITrooper/ep3clonetrooper1.jpg)

http://www.neilhetzel.com/files/neil/KFT/EppIIITrooper/ep3clonetrooper2.jpg)

Also it would be cool to have a small firearms like the one commander cody is firing in episode 3. kinda like a machine gun but fires blue lasers.
 Lando Griffin
10-29-2005, 6:47 PM
i would use the clone trooper helmet instead of the stormys because the clones helmet is thinner than the stormys. And you would need to be a really good skiner and modeler. A short answer....Prime!
 Darkkender
10-30-2005, 10:21 AM
I believe Prime has been working on an Episode 3 Clone Trooper Alpha Squadron or some thing of that nature. You may want to page through the main Holowan Labs for the WIP thread to see if it fits with what you want.
 Darthdude99
10-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Prime is making the Delta Squad mod which is based around Republic Commandoes game. Check it out it looks really awsome.
 Prime
11-01-2005, 9:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

Unfortunately, I have no plans right now to create Episode 3 trooper skins. I played around with one a while ago, but I couldn't get it to look as good as I wanted, in part because of the way the stormtrooper helmet texture is applied. So in the end I abandoned the idea. Sorry. Someone else can take a stab at it if they want...
 The_Maker
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Well, I am no modeler but if you don't mind it looking more like The Stormtroopers from IV-VI then I wil try my hand at reskinning the helmet and armor Prime made. :)
 Clone__Commando
11-01-2005, 3:12 PM
guys finished editing ep3 helmet using gmax. now how do i export the model so i can use it in the game. im guessing there is a tutorial out there somewhere. it alows me to export in p3d format but i need it to be in ascii.
 Prime
11-03-2005, 9:55 AM
Have you tried the GLMOps tool?
 Clone__Commando
11-03-2005, 3:43 PM
what is it and where do i get it?

took some screens of the armour but not sure how to insert images into posts when the images didn't come from a website. i know theres always a tutorial for something but just wanted to know.
 Clone__Commando
11-07-2005, 5:53 PM
if anyone is interested in seeing some pics of the armour just email me PM me.
 RedHawke
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
if anyone is interested in seeing some pics of the armour just email me at do not post your email
Clone, once again I urge you to read the Forum Rules (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=127725) before posting something like this again... see Rule #8... No posting email addresses. ;)
 Clone__Commando
11-24-2005, 7:53 AM
Ok this is what the armour of the default clone armour will look like. i have more pics. but i cant seem to post any in the messages. still trying to export the helmet from gmax so if anyone has any ideas.
 Jackel
11-24-2005, 3:47 PM
To show everyone your pics I would suggesting uploading them to a photo place like photobucket.com or something similar. Then put the links to the pics in here so everyone can see them.
Page: 1 of 1