Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I WANT THIS IN KOTOR 3

Page: 1 of 1
 John Skywalker
10-29-2005, 10:35 AM
the life of a jedi starting from being scouted young imagine exploring your home planet and having non force missions then jedis come and u end up going to the jedi order(maybe you help the jedi and he sees potential)then you do missions and help people on coruscant and then you and your master travel to the unknown regions(looking for revan maybe)were your master is killed and you swear revenge meeting up old characters in the process this would ultimately make the game longer dont you think?
 The Doctor
10-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow. That's one long sentence.
Anyway, it's a good idea, but the part about swearing vengence is something that should only be done in a Dark Side game.
 Darth Serebus
10-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Not a good idea, if we are given years I believe the republic and the true sith will be in a state of War. You wont have much time to really be young, unless its a background re-cap which determines who you become later, like Fable. YOu start young, but your choices mold you. I say intergrate that idea, but put it in the middle of the story as a recap, therefore it wont be long and drawn out. 1 mission as a young whomever, and those actions you commited in your past will ultimately come to mold you, either by haunting you or benefitting you in your quest.
 John Skywalker
10-29-2005, 12:07 PM
but what if the story starts at the same time as kotor 1 maybe, think about it from that way it will give the PC time to grow.
 Darth Serebus
10-29-2005, 12:18 PM
True, but that would be poor development, thats like having a secret champion which was not seen in the force. Remember Malik was hunting Jedi along with Nihlius, Scion whilie killing them off. I think most padawans would have left to fight with REVAN or if not been eliminated. It would be a great idea as a backdrop, that way you can do a recap of decisions like teh exxile made during war, but have these choices in your viewpoints of the war reflect and change who you are in the game.

Say for instance you are a darkside player, yet you have the backdrop story, You dont care about Jedi or Sith, you care about security. former love interests, family and friends. What you did then will ultimately forshadow your choices of what you will do later in the game, when the EXACT situation presents itself.

And those choices will conflict with your alignment because you as a character will question your direction. Like I was a good guy in teh beginning what happened for me to go down this road. Its basically a form of man vs himself.
 John Skywalker
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah true, now i think this idea can only be used on the amount of years they use between KOTOR 2 and 3
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 1:41 PM
I don't really see how this is different than any of the other ideas out there John Skywalker. What would make the game longer, a lot of people including myself have suggested this. If you are talking about just doing stuff while K1 and K2 are going on, no, there weren't any Jedi padawans hardly in K2, how would that work? And that would mess up stuff, it wouldn't be good to just do missions while something big is going on, and then finally actually play a part in the story.

And I agree about the swearing vengeance, that would be DS.
Page: 1 of 1