Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Master Revan

Page: 1 of 1
 explodingkyle
10-29-2005, 1:11 AM
Just to put my idea out there. What I think should be done, is that they bring back Revan as the main PC in KoToR 3. However, he should not be stripped of his powers.

He should be at least as powerful as you left him in K1, but he should not be the center of the story.

What I had in mind was that he comes back, controlled by you, as a sort of Obi-Wan type character. You take on an apprentice and instead of having some master follow you around spewing up advice, and cryptic words of wisdom, you take on the roll of master.

The main storyline will revolve around your apprentice, but his actions will be influenced by you, and your interaction with him. It could even end off with you making some great sacrifice to teach your apprentice some lesson, ala Obi-Wan in ANH.
 Kensai
10-29-2005, 10:29 AM
That could be good, but just a random Master instead of Revan would be my prefered option, to be honest playing Revan should be buried in K1 forever.
 The Doctor
10-29-2005, 11:32 AM
playing as Revan agin would make the game have to ask you as some character (other than Revan) what allignment and gender Revan was in the first game. The only way Revan could possibly come back is in his black mask and cloak or as a corpse.
BTW:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
 Darth Serebus
10-29-2005, 11:39 AM
I agree, using REVAN or the EXXILE period in this game as a PC is a bad move. Making them INTERACTIVE puppets is another thing. If REVAN comes back, the best way to potray the character, is the way they illustrated the character in KOTOR 2. Mask and cloak with two purple sabers. The Exille however would have to be seen from the back in some type of Jedi robe or Sith cloak. Unfortunately the programmers will have to intergate questions which reflect the look and direction of both characters.

these are your possibilities- REVEN- evil/Exxile- evil
REVAN - Evil/Exxile-good
REVAN good/Exille-evil
Revan good/exxile-good

This should be asked in some kind of question.
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 1:04 PM
Revan will not be you, you would have to choose his alignment, choose his face, and he wouldn't be customized the way you had him in K1. He would be too powerful.
 IndianaSolo
10-29-2005, 1:14 PM
Just to put my idea out there. What I think should be done, is that they bring back Revan as the main PC in KoToR 3. However, he should not be stripped of his powers.

He should be at least as powerful as you left him in K1, but he should not be the center of the story.

What I had in mind was that he comes back, controlled by you, as a sort of Obi-Wan type character. You take on an apprentice and instead of having some master follow you around spewing up advice, and cryptic words of wisdom, you take on the roll of master.

The main storyline will revolve around your apprentice, but his actions will be influenced by you, and your interaction with him. It could even end off with you making some great sacrifice to teach your apprentice some lesson, ala Obi-Wan in ANH.

That would be a bad idea. What you're proposing basically would mean you (the player) wouldn't be the focus of the game. While those who played K1 and K2 *might* (and I doubt even that) be okay with that, it would leave any new players sour. It would also make your character ridiculously overpowered early in the game, which means you could never use your character in any missions.
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 1:38 PM
Yeah, your character wouldn't be controlled by you. You would only be half controlling him, your character would not be you. That would suck, you make your character, and you can't control him, you control his master, and he would make his own choices. That would be a lot different than the styles of the other games.
Page: 1 of 1