Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Dark Apprentice: Gold - Released!

Page: 2 of 3
 The Source
12-22-2005, 8:59 AM
HALF MIKE & 3yks - More dialogue options and datapads? Cool! It sounds like a good idea, and I will make them alignment specific.

Slipstreme - TSLPatcher? I will give it a shot! I make no promises on this issue, but after I am done fixing the dialogue and plot, I promise to try out Stoffe's TSLPatcher..

RobQel-Droma - I agree! I am going to keep the line 'Young-One'. If Obi-Wan can keep calling Anikan , "My very young Apprentice", I think the line I used gives her a sense of being more experienced than the Exile...

Remember, Dark Apprentice: Gold, or any other mod, are created for the purpose of fun... I thank you all for your feedback. Latter tonight, I will be enhancing the Dark Apprentice: Gold mod. I want to get this done by next Saturday. Therefore, the release date will be: December 31, 2005...
 mimartin
12-24-2005, 7:42 PM
I don’t respond often to mods, but this is a great mod. It adds to the story nicely without destroying the story Obsidian put out (I will not say intended). The mod may have a few misspelled words, but we know what you intended. One great mod, I would like to thank you for your effort in creating and releasing such a wonderful mod.
 The Source
12-24-2005, 7:47 PM
I don’t respond often to mods, but this is a great mod. It adds to the story nicely without destroying the story Obsidian put out (I will not say intended). The mod may have a few misspelled words, but we know what you intended. One great mod, I would like to thank you for your effort in creating and releasing such a wonderful mod.

Very kind words... Thank you.

I hope after I fix the mod that you will play it again...:)
 mimartin
12-26-2005, 10:36 PM
I definitely will play it again once you get another version up and running.
 Darth InSidious
12-27-2005, 1:57 PM
I haven't downloaded this YET (dial-up and 10 megs = slooooow), but the one problem I had with the Dark Apprentice I was that often in the dialogues the spelling and grammar got to a point where it was very difficult to tell what the options actually were (IIRC). Not trying to debase your hard work, just was wondering if this was fixed :)
 The Source
12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I haven't downloaded this YET (dial-up and 10 megs = slooooow), but the one problem I had with the Dark Apprentice I was that often in the dialogues the spelling and grammar got to a point where it was very difficult to tell what the options actually were (IIRC). Not trying to debase your hard work, just was wondering if this was fixed :)

Yeah! Several people pointed that out. I will be releasing another version soon. While I finish up Fred's site, I will be working on this mod. I have another mod in progress, which takes place five years before Dark Apprentice: Gold. I will be taking all the feedback I get here, and shifting through it to make Dark Apprentice more clear. I keep forgeting that when people talk, they do not talk in complete scentences. Terefore, some of the dialogue seems akward. I am on the issue.. I upload the mod using Dial-UP, and it takes about fifteen minutes.
 Addlcove
12-29-2005, 9:18 AM
on Citadel station, the onderon officer that sells you some stuff, calls Dxun for Duxun, might wanna fix that one aswell :)
 The Source
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
on Citadel station, the onderon officer that sells you some stuff, calls Dxun for Duxun, might wanna fix that one aswell :)

Hehehe... :) I just changed it to Onderon, and rewrote the line...

At the moment, I am working on Telos' Dialogue. I did a massive revamping of Bastila's original conversation with the PC. It still says the same stuff, but in a clear pattern that makes sense. I also had to make the dialogue consistant from line to line... In Bastila's original dialogue, there were inconsistant responses that were too cryptic to understand. Within her dialogue, there were also a mess of oneline responses. In some cases, I was able to branch off and create other option. However, there is one important part of her conversation with the PC that could not be changed. At the moment, I edited certain dialogue, so the PC can make three diferent choices. Two of the choices do loop onto the other, but they start off very different. Neutral, Light, and Dark dialogue choices are now available on Telos...

Telos: 80% Fixed
Dantooine: 0% Fixed
Narshadaa: 0% Fixed
 Addlcove
12-29-2005, 1:16 PM
Hehehe... :) I just changed it to Onderon, and rewrote the line...

Narshadaa: 0% Fixed

just for good meassure, it is spelled "Nar Shaddaa" :)

oh, what happens if you kill Bastila on Dantooine while playing Darkside, will that just "kill" the mod?
 The Source
12-29-2005, 4:39 PM
just for good meassure, it is spelled "Nar Shaddaa" :)

oh, what happens if you kill Bastila on Dantooine while playing Darkside, will that just "kill" the mod?

Yes! Only the mod version of Bastilla is affected.

Telos: 95% Fixed (Bastila's Dialogue Revision & Added - Datapad)
Dantooine: 30% Fixed (Bastila & Bounty Hunter Dialogue & Datapad Revision)
Nar Shaddaa: 0% Fixed
 Addlcove
12-29-2005, 8:32 PM
okay, here's my problem.

I encounter Bastila on Dantooine, playing darkside I pick all the evil solutions, but rather than ending up with her accepting her fate as an evil person, I have to kill her.

fair enough, I can live with that, but once you get to Nar Shaddaa, you should be able to collect on the bounty from Nomi, before you get into the long discussion, that in the case of DS players, will end with Nomi dead.

--
"fixes"

The trandoshan at vugga takes 400 credits everytime you talk to him, make it so he only asks for those the first time, or refuses to talk to you after he has told you all he has to say.
-
You use too many !, settle for . to end sentences, as the exclamation marks gets really tirering after a while.
 The Source
12-30-2005, 9:26 AM
Once you get to Nar Shaddaa, you should be able to collect on the bounty from Nomi, before you get into the long discussion, that in the case of DS players, will end with Nomi dead.
--
"fixes"

The trandoshan at vugga takes 400 credits everytime you talk to him, make it so he only asks for those the first time, or refuses to talk to you after he has told you all he has to say.
-
You use too many !, settle for . to end sentences, as the exclamation marks gets really tirering after a while.

Yeah! I have to figure out how to do your second suggestion. My thought was originally make him a middle man for his client, and send you on a few bounties. Smimilar to the Hutt in KotOR I. I am still thinking about that. Let me try a few things.

You have good timming, for I am currently editing the dialogue for Bastila. On Dantooine that is... In the old dialogue: When you talk to Bastila for the first time, there is only one dialogue option. Now, there are four options. As I was rebuilding the Sith Assassins' dialogue, I reflected on the changes I made to Bastila on Telos. I did not mention them at all, and I believe I made people confussed. I addressed this issue in the new dialogue of the Bastila on Dantooine.

I do have a surprise in Bastila's new dialogue on Dantooine. While fixing this mod, I am also replaying parts of KotOR I's Dantooine. As I was talking to the NPCs in 'KotOR I', I came up with this idea: Bastila will be able to teach you Battle Meditation. After all, she is the most gifted in this sence. But there is a catch, and you will just have to wait and see.

Dantooine: 65% Fixed (Bastila & Bounty Hunter Dialogue & Datapad Revision)
 Addlcove
12-30-2005, 3:03 PM
do let me know when the update is ready to be Beta'ed :) I volunteer to help :)
 twilighttreader
12-30-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm currently collecting interesting mods to add to TSL for my second run through. This one has definitely caught my eye. I don't want any significant spoilers, but I am curious about one thing: can you actually get Bastilla as a party member, or does she just show up a lot?
 The Source
12-31-2005, 1:33 AM
I'm currently collecting interesting mods to add to TSL for my second run through. This one has definitely caught my eye. I don't want any significant spoilers, but I am curious about one thing: can you actually get Bastilla as a party member, or does she just show up a lot?

When you install this mod, you get both an NPC and a selectable Bastila head for your PC.

Dantooine: 75% Fixed (Bastila & Bounty Hunter Dialogue & Datapad Revision)
 twilighttreader
12-31-2005, 6:38 PM
Groovy. Does she replace somebody, or did you actually add another NPC slot?
 The Source
12-31-2005, 9:15 PM
Groovy. Does she replace somebody, or did you actually add another NPC slot?

She replaces a PC head, which you choose when you start a new game. Otherwords, you can choose Bastila's head for you PC, and then bump into her during the game. It is a little awkward, but it is all good... :)

I was thinking of trying to make her a recruitable NPC. Instead of having her as a selectible head, you can recruit her as an CNPC. I am not sure.

Tomorrow, I will get back to work on the revision of this mod. I made some great strides today, and I can't wait untill people see the new changes.

At the end, I am going to give the community credit for this mod, for everyone here has given great feedback.
 twilighttreader
01-01-2006, 6:35 AM
I really like the "recruit Bastilla" idea... problem is, pretty much everyone else plays some important role in the story, and getting rid of them would either really mess things up, or eliminate a beloved character (c'mon, it just wouldn't be kotor without HK)

Then again, if you can just add another CNPC, it'd work out swell.
 HALF MIKE
01-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I have an idea for the Nar Shaddaa portion of you mod. I'm not even sure if it is possible, but I thought I would at least mention it.

Would it be possible to place Nomi Sunrider in the unused portion of the docks? It would be cool for a mod of this scale to utilize a new area. I thought I saw a mod at pcgamemods that unlocked these doors.

Like i said before, I don't know jack about modding, so I don't know if this is possible within your deadline, or even at all.
 The Source
01-02-2006, 9:32 PM
Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision): January 3, 2006 @ 2:46 pm
Dantooine: 90% Fixed (Bastila & Bounty Hunter Dialogue & Datapad Revision)

Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision): January 2, 2006 @ 9:45 pm
I changed the release date for ‘The Dark Apprentice’ Revision. Since the dialogue changes are so extensive, and I have not reached Nar Shaddaa, I will need more time to complete the mod. At the moment, the release date is listed in my [W.I.P.] thread. Please leave feedback in this thread, and not in my [W.I.P.] thread. Thank You…

Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision): January 2, 2006 @ 9:30 pm
‘Looking for Beta Tester’
At the moment, I am still working on the dialogue for Dantooine. Since there are vast changes to the dialogue, I will be going forward with caution. I am looking for ‘ONE’ Beta Tester. This Beta Tester will be responsible for making a log of errors and final suggestions. I will be searching for someone who has a critical eye for detail, and can hold secret plot information. If you are interested, please send me a private message. During the next four days, I will be collecting private messages. At the end of the week, I will send a private message to the chosen tester. Please keep in mind that this mod has extensive amounts of text to shift through.

Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision): January 2, 2006 @ 9:15 pm
Throughout the day, I decided to add Journal Entries to the mod. As of 8:00 pm, I have constructed six Journal Entries. Since I have added the Journal Entries, I am in conflict about adding datapads. Even though datapads would be a good addition, I believe repetition may become more redundant. However, I am not closing this option. I need more time to think about this.

Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision): January 2, 2006 @ 9:00 pm
While comparing the original dialogues with the new versions, one can see the vast changes that I have made. Instead of continuous single-lined responses, there are more options to choose from. In some cases, there are now three dialogue options. Dark side, light side, and neutral. Someone had suggested in doing this, and it has made dialogue organization simpler. Within the Telos dialogue, I completely cleared up the encrypted mess I created. As I worked through the Dantooine dialogue, I referenced back to Telos’ to make sure of continuality. One person made comments about inconsistency. As I redesigned Bastilla’s dialogue, I found several inconsistent conversation elements. After close review, I started to write down a few questions, which I did not answer clearly.

1. Bastila is being hunted by two forces, which group did she know about?
2. Sith Assassins are part of the plot, so did Bastila know about being followed?
3. Did the Sith Assassins give too much information about their contact?

At the moment, I am still fixing the Dantooine dialogue. Earlier today, I read an interesting suggestion. Trandoshan on Nar Shaddaa… What do I do about people being recharged every time you talk to him? My original idea was to make him a go between, which he can hire the PC to do some Bounty Hunting for Vogga. Do to time restraint; I did not have the time to pull this idea together. If you want to add your suggestions about this, I am all ears…

Telos: 95% Fixed
Dantooine: 87.9% Fixed
Nar Shadaa: 0% Fixed

(If you are wondering why I moved forward without finishing Telos, I wanted to work on scripts at the end. At the moment, I have not seen any of the text in game. However, I know how they will appear. When writing the scripts, I will be in and out of the game like crazy. Every time I finish a large section of dialogue, I open MS Word to check spelling and grammar.)
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 4:30 PM
Awesome, thanks, Mac :)
 The Source
01-07-2006, 5:52 PM
Progress on 'Revised' Version Update:

(Scripting and Testing Left)
Dantooine: 95% Fixed
Nar Shadaa: 0% Fixed

Bastila on Dantooine has about 280 lines of dialogue. However, they are not all activated at one time. There is light and darkside dialogue options. When you talk to her in a dark side manner, her fate is determined by how high your persuasion is. Plot holes are just about patched up. I still have one minor plot piece to fix on Dantooine.

I will be starting Nar Shaddaa on Sunday, January 07...
 RobQel-Droma
01-08-2006, 5:47 PM
Just one thing- I downloaded it, but I didn't realize that you needed to backup some of the module files if you ever wanted to uninstall the mod. Does that mean I have to reinstall the game if I want to install it? And also, where can I download the mod updates?

And a few things about the mod itself. I thought it was a great idea, but I just wondered about some parts. By the way, I don't know if you have already fixed some of this stuff, or if people have already commented on it: if so, sorry.

For one, "Nashadaa" is supposed to be "Nar Shaddaa," although I think you already fixed that.

In another part, I didn't really like how on Nar Shaddaa when you killed the bounty hunters you could get three lightsabers, even when you weren't supposed to have one yet (the same probably for Dantooine). I also wasn't really fond of the fact that you could by all of HK-47's parts in the same way. Just me, I guess... I like to mostly keep the original gameplay. :)

I also didn't understand why Bastila was on Telos, and also why she was at Khoonda, with the settler's and militia's view on Jedi. No one seemed to comment on it, and not only that, if you have Revan as a DS male, isn't she still supposed to be in the Unknown Regions searching for Revan? And her and Nomi being there, when the only living Jedi (Masters or otherwise) are only supposed to be Vrook, Kavar, and Zez-Kai. Or maybe I'm just being a perfectionist. :)

Other than that one story question, the only other thing is the dialogue. In all of the dialogue, you pretty much have one dialoge response every time, save for one point which pretty much means: kill her or don't kill her. But then again, from your above post, it sounds like you made some dialogue improvements. It might just be that I haven't downloaded the latest version or whatever.
 twilighttreader
01-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Personally, I found the long wait the game imposed before I could hear my favorite droid offering to kill meatbags for me terribly annoying. Looking forward to getting him right away next time through...
 RobQel-Droma
01-09-2006, 12:49 AM
^Well, for me, I like their to be a bit of a challenge to get to that point. As I've said many times, maybe it is just me... :)

BTW, welcome to the forums twilighttreader!
 3yks
01-09-2006, 4:38 AM
He is working on a new and majorly updated version Rob, if you haven't finished going through it I wouldn't bother. From what I understand the new version is going to be a great deal different.
 The Source
01-09-2006, 6:24 PM
The Dark Apprentice: Gold (Revision) Update
At the moment, I am continuing to revise this mod. For the past few days, I have taken a break. After reading up on some of the feedback, I thought I would fill in on what is not and is being changed. For those of you who are new to this mod, the current version posted at pcgamemods.com is a place holder, so no one accidently creates a similar mod. The Dark Apprentice is a continuously revised mod. Each version of the mod is enhanced drastically.

While reading the feedback for The Dark Apprentice: Gold, I have taken note of some very important changes. The following changes either have been or need to be changed:
1. Fix all spelling errors, which includes Star Wars terms, general nouns, adjectives, verbs, and pronouns.
2. Fix inconsistant plot elments, which are found in datapad, items, and dialogue.
3. Add missing elements that were not packed with the original set.

Instead of rereleasing the same version, I decided to enhance this mod by taking other feedback. The following will be added upon request and desire:
1. More dialogue options.
2. Journal Entries.
3. More datapads.
4. Learn 'Battle Meditation' from Bastila (Lightside)
5. Learn 'Force Lightening' from Bastila (Darkside)
6. As a Sith, you will have two choices: You can kill Bastila, or with enough persuassion, you can keep her alive.

Also, while reading through the feedback, I have found some feedback that deals with my vision of Nomi Sunrider. I have made a choice, which will stay true to how I desire this character. In order to give Nomi a sense of character and age, I have decided to do the following:
1. Dialogue that surrounds 'Young One' will remain. I have decided to make this a personality trait. Even thought I will be changing her dialogue to be more consistant with plot, I will make her age more emphisised. The term 'Young One' is staying in this mod.

Finally, there was a note about some of this mod's plot not being connected to the KotOR series. This mod was inspired by a former mod, which RedHawke created: Make 'Mission' a Jedi. If you end KotOR I on the lightside, Mission is still alive. Therefore, I can stay true and in bounds of what was set in KotOR I, and pay tribute to RedHawke's mod.

Revision Update:
Dantooine: 95% Fixed (Bastila & Bounty Hunter Dialogue & Datapad Revision)
Nar Shaddaa: 15% Fixed
 Darth333
01-09-2006, 7:09 PM
4. Learn 'Battle Meditation' from Bastila (Lightside)
5. Learn 'Force Lightening' from Bastila (Darkside)

Just to let you know as I have recently learned this the "hard" way:

if you intend to remove the player's ability to chose the first level of these force powers by setting the requirements to -1 in the spells.2da files and granting the power using a script, the player won't be able to chose the next 2 levels via the level up screen.

It's all scripts or it's all level up screen :mad: (#*%$##$&***#!!!!! I learned that during the weekend after making cutscenes timed with music and all)

Just wanted to let you know before you end up in the same dead end.
 The Source
01-09-2006, 7:15 PM
Just to let you know as I have recently learned this the "hard" way:

if you intend to remove the player's ability to chose the first level of these force powers by setting the requirements to -1 in the spells.2da files and granting the power using a script, the player won't be able to chose the next 2 levels via the level up screen.

It's all scripts or it's all level up screen :mad: (#*%$##$&***#!!!!! I learned that during the weekend after making cutscenes timed with music and all)

Just wanted to let you know before you end up in the same dead end.
I thought about this myself, and came up with the idea of having the scripts check the levels during dialogue, and then they will grant the PC the next level up. If the PC doesn't have them, then they get the first level. If they allready have one or two levels, they get the next level up.
 Lantzen
01-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Is any of the lines voiced? I understand if Bastilla aint, but Naomi and the bountyhunters?
 The Source
01-11-2006, 1:53 PM
Is any of the lines voiced? I understand if Bastilla aint, but Nomi and the bountyhunters?
The Hunters have alien voice overs. Nomi does not have any audio. I wish I had a voice over for her.... Buzz kill..

Revision - Progress Update 1.11.06 @ 1:53:
Nar Shadaa: 30% Fixed
 RobQel-Droma
01-12-2006, 12:52 AM
So, just a question-

Is the quest finished when you kill Bastila and Nomi as DS, or is there more after that?
 T7nowhere
01-12-2006, 3:28 AM
The Hunters have alien voice overs. Nomi does not have any audio. I wish I had a voice over for her.... Buzz kill..

I wouldn't worry about not being able to have VO for all of the npc's, personally I would rather have to read the dialog than hear poorly acted Fan VO. (no offense meant to anyone that have recorded their own VO ;) )

Really though I think most RPG fans can accept silence if the Dialog is interesting.
 Safefire
01-12-2006, 7:33 AM
Hello again, and congratulaitons on a wonderfull mod. Now, here's what I'd like to ask: Is there any way to have this mod compatible with the mission vao 19 mod (for TSL ofcourse)? Maybe using the mod patcher
 mimartin
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree with T7nowhere, it does not take away from the experience just reading the dialog. I'm impatient so I often read the dialog rather than listening to the voice actors just to speed things up. Not saying sound isn’t important, but I would not worry about anything that is out of your control. You made a wonderful mod, and I’m sure all your hard work on the fixes will be worth the wait. Thanks.
 The Source
01-12-2006, 3:18 PM
Cool than I won't worry about the 'Voice Overs'. I will be close to 95% across the board by Sunday. So, I will be sending files to my two testers next week.

Revision - Progress Update 1.11.06 @ 1:53:
Nar Shadaa: 35% Fixed
 Safefire
01-14-2006, 5:59 PM
Thanks For not even remotely glancing at my post
 The Source
01-14-2006, 7:24 PM
Thanks For not even remotely glancing at my post
Oops... Sorry man! :)
If the modder who created the Mission Vao's mod allows me to, I would find a way to do so. Ask them, and then I will look at the files again. Until then, I have not made any plans as of yet.
 Safefire
01-15-2006, 4:11 AM
Kk, I'll try flip him (asuming it's a male person) a pm then

EDIT: anyway, what I was thinking was to possibly use the TSL patcher to extract the files of this mod, thus making them not override but edit the 2da files of the mission mod. Making the two compatibly, creating an even more complete storyline

EDIT2: Searched the forum, didn't find it. So the problem is, alveron182, didn't seam to post the mod here, only at pcgamemods. Here's the files anyway

http://pcgamemods.com/user/8670.html)
 The Source
01-15-2006, 2:06 PM
Kk, I'll try flip him (asuming it's a male person) a pm then

EDIT: anyway, what I was thinking was to possibly use the TSL patcher to extract the files of this mod, thus making them not override but edit the 2da files of the mission mod. Making the two compatibly, creating an even more complete storyline

EDIT2: Searched the forum, didn't find it. So the problem is, alveron182, didn't seam to post the mod here, only at pcgamemods. Here's the files anyway

http://pcgamemods.com/user/8670.htmlSince) Mission's fate was defined in the mod, I don't know if I want to do this. However, I will think about it. The Dark Apprentice: Gold is so large allready. I am almost ready to send the files into testing.
 Safefire
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
well, I'd be cool if you did. Though it doesn't really matter anymore, since I've started using stoffes twilek exile. It would be cool if you'd wrap the mod in the TSL patcher anyway, for added compatibility.
 bolsen
01-17-2006, 7:05 PM
well, I'd be cool if you did. Though it doesn't really matter anymore, since I've started using stoffes twilek exile. It would be cool if you'd wrap the mod in the TSL patcher anyway, for added compatibility.
i totally second using the patcher
 The Source
01-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Revision - Progress Update 1.18.06 @ 7:30:
Nar Shadaa: 55% Fixed
 Addlcove
01-19-2006, 2:25 PM
still hanging around although a bit quietly :) just waiting for the "you have been selected as a tester" pm :p
 The Source
01-23-2006, 11:49 PM
The Dark Apprentice (Revision Update!)
Wow... There is a lot to cover. First, this mod's revision has been in the works for the past week or two. As you know I have taken some time off. During my R&R, I have started to develop this into an anthology. The Dark Apprentice will be released on Monday next week. Before this release, I need my testers to contact me through PM for details.

According to my plan, and I hope not to be derailed, The Dark Apprentice will be released with a bang... If you have been reading my updates, you will have noticed a new addition to the series. Inorder to celebrate the new release, there will be a series of events...

'The Dark Apprentice Weekend'
Will Include:
The Dark Apprentice (Website)
The Dark Apprentice (Fan-Fic Story)
The Dark Apprentice (Mod Release)

If you would like to write a piece of Fan-Fic for this mod, outside of my own interpretation, more information will be found at the new site.

Until then, happy modding.... :)
 RobQel-Droma
01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
^By the way, I just thought of something. Is it possible for you to make it so that if you don't talk to Bastila on Telos, the quest won't trigger? For example, Nomi and the Bounty Hunters wouldn't be there.
 The Source
01-27-2006, 3:28 PM
Revision - Progress Update 1.27.06 @ 6:15:
Telos: 100% Fixed (Dialogue) - Scripting/Testing Left
Dantooine: 100% Fixed (Dialogue) - Scripting/Testing Left
Nar Shadaa: 55% Fixed (Dialogue)

Revision - Progress Update 1.27.06 @ 3:35:
Telos: 99.5% Fixed
Dantooine: 99.5% Fixed

Revision - Progress Update 1.26.06 @ 2:53:
Telos: 98.5% Fixed
Dantooine: 97% Fixed

Dark Apprentice Revision Facts:
I thought you may want to know some intresting facts about what has changed... Why has it taken so long to complete the revision? Well here is your answers:

1. Dantooine Dialogue:
Original Dialogue: 63 Lines - New Dialogue: 155 Lines

2. Telos Dialogue:
Original Dialogue: 50 Lines - New Dialogue: 74 Lines

2. Nar Shadda Dialogue:
Original Dialogue: Uncounted Lines - New Dialogue: Uncounted Lines

3. Journal Entries:
Original Entries: Never Existed - New Dialogue: Six Entries

The scripts are being written late tonight, and final work on Nar Shaddaa will be done by morning. Dantooine's dialogue is close to completion, so the number of lines will change. I only have a few more lines to go.

Every line in the originals have been revised. There were no lines that have been left untouched. Dialogue changes that were made included:
Story Clarity
Spelling
Light and darkside options
Reward System
Dialogue that reacts to your PC being light or dark
Quest prevents you from finding Nomi before you talk to Bossk.
On Dantooine, you will be able to learn a Force power based upon your alignment.

^By the way, I just thought of something. Is it possible for you to make it so that if you don't talk to Bastila on Telos, the quest won't trigger? For example, Nomi and the Bounty Hunters wouldn't be there.

What I came up with is to not have Nomi apear until you talk to Bossk. After you talk to Bossk, the game will unlock Nomi. I have also decided to change her location... Hehehe...

Quick Quiestion:
How many people know that the character I have chosen to represent Nomi Sunrider was based upon the Jadi_Master_4h model?
 mimartin
01-27-2006, 3:41 PM
Sounds good, but it also sounds like a lot of work. Thank you.
 The Source
01-28-2006, 6:37 PM
Revision - Progress Update 2.11.06 @ 4:45 pm:

Telos:
Dialogue: 100% Complete
Scripting: 100% Complete
Journal Entries: 100% Complete
Testing: 60% Complete
Fixes Due to Testing: 100% Complete
Over all: 92% Complete

Dantooine:
Dialogue: 100% Complete
Scripting: 90% Complete
Journal Entries: 100% Complete
Testing: 20% Complete
Fixes Due to Testing: Pending
Over all: 62% Complete

Nar Shaddaa:
Dialogue: 92% Complete
Scripting: In Progress
Journal Entries: 50%
Testing: In Progress
Fixes Due to Testing: Pending
Over all: 28.4% Complete

--------------------------------------------------

The Revision Team: Dark Apprentice: Gold - Revision
Jae Onasi
(Editor/Dialogue Consultant)
She was told not to mention anything about the revisions,
so don't ask her. Hehehe. :)

Darth Insidious
(Beta Tester)
The man of a few words, but his help is always welcome. :)

MacLeodCorp.
(Mod Coordinator: Dialogue Revisions: Scripts)
See Below For More

--------------------------------------------------

Original Designers - Dark Apprentice: Gold
T7nowhere
Lightsabers, Lightsaber Crystals

Commas
Dark ‘Apprentice’ Robes, Dark ‘Padawan’ Robes
(All robes that use similar texture files.)

DarhMoeller
Dark ‘Jedi’ Robes

Darth333 & ChaNz.2da
Script Guidance and Advice

MacLeodCorp.
Script and Module Editor, Story and Dialogue Creator,
Bastila’s Clothes and Textures, Nomi’s Clothes and Textures
(All other NPC retextures.)

All LucasForums.com Modders
Support, feedback, and patience.
 DarkBlaidd
02-04-2006, 12:12 AM