Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The option to kiss an NPC at will

Page: 2 of 2
 John Skywalker
11-16-2005, 5:44 PM
The jedi were blinded by their mindless rules which was their downfall they were studying the force wrong if they used the force without the bans on love and passion (the opposite of the sith way hate/greed) Then the Jedi would destroy the sith thats why to gain the balance in the force anakin had to kill off each faction so that the new Jedi Order(Luke) could make new laws (Read this at starwars.com so this is an official explanation:)) so to answer your question they should be allowed to kiss in kotor 3 as a love interest makes your character stronger
 JediMaster12
11-18-2005, 6:12 PM
Yes it does. I hope my previous quote from Jolee helps too. After all the whole point is that we are defined by our action and how well we can control our passions when making decisions determines who we are.
 OptimalOptimus
11-18-2005, 7:53 PM
Why not have a Gay or Lessy NPC ???
 Sabretooth
11-18-2005, 11:42 PM
I am not kissing G0-T0.

Bad, bad. Very bad.
 PoiuyWired
11-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Well, I am all for putting the "kiss" command in the game once you win the guy/lady over. Technically you can do it with Visas, in a different way...

NO, I am not asking for "HOT COFFEE" style a la "Grand Theft Auto", but a kiss, and a few *OPTIONAL* mushie talk would be nice. Or even some random flirts with friend PCs. I won't mind if they get something for the "Pride Community either" only if its optional!

As for the whole "Jedi and Sex" thingy, I think its ok. Remember, the galaxy is filled with extremely diverse cultures... and creatures, and sex is hard to define. Some may do it with a bit of "hot Coffee" others by leaving packs of fluids in becta tanks...

As for Love... Jedis can love. Many famous Jedis have offsprings also. Its attachment that may lead to the dark side, not love. So you don't see current Luke-Mara having any problems, nor do Han-Leia, Karl-Jan... Now extreme Obsession and attachment can be a problem, like Little Solo and Queen K... I see him walking down a bad path.
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, I am all for putting the "kiss" command in the game once you win the guy/lady over. Technically you can do it with Visas, in a different way...

NO, I am not asking for "HOT COFFEE" style a la "Grand Theft Auto", but a kiss, and a few *OPTIONAL* mushie talk would be nice. Or even some random flirts with friend PCs. I won't mind if they get something for the "Pride Community either" only if its optional!

As for the whole "Jedi and Sex" thingy, I think its ok. Remember, the galaxy is filled with extremely diverse cultures... and creatures, and sex is hard to define. Some may do it with a bit of "hot Coffee" others by leaving packs of fluids in becta tanks...

As for Love... Jedis can love. Many famous Jedis have offsprings also. Its attachment that may lead to the dark side, not love. So you don't see current Luke-Mara having any problems, nor do Han-Leia, Karl-Jan... Now extreme Obsession and attachment can be a problem, like Little Solo and Queen K... I see him walking down a bad path.

Proud Answer: Oh you hit the mark ten plus two. Jedi have had offspring such as the Handmaiden, Luke and Leia.
Statement: You should be able to kiss.
 Rediy
11-21-2005, 2:39 PM
Maybe you want to kiss Wookies, but I know I sure don't. I don't really see much of a purpose to this. Romance in the game is one thing, but it should be developed, and dare I say scripted. Perhaps dialogue options that persue romance as apposed to not, that is one thing I suppose.
/shrug

My thoughts on that anyways.
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 6:35 PM
Romance is the thing for the third KOTOR. I happened in the first, why not the third?

Leia: "I'd just as soon as kiss a Wookie."
Han: "I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss!"
 pokejedi123
11-22-2005, 9:28 AM
they should do that if u can have hig inf u will go beyond a kiss :D
 JediMaster12
11-23-2005, 2:31 PM
Romance is not a bad thing. It's part of who we are and what makes us human. Heck I think it can make an alien species human if they can love too.

*Thinking over that last part*

So why all the fuss over whether or not to kiss an NPC at will? I think it's neat and if it was in the first two then it should be in the third KOTOR. :slsaber:
 Liit Orda
11-30-2005, 9:26 AM
Maybe you want to kiss Wookies, but I know I sure don't. I don't really see much of a purpose to this. Romance in the game is one thing, but it should be developed, and dare I say scripted. Perhaps dialogue options that persue romance as apposed to not, that is one thing I suppose.
/shrug

My thoughts on that anyways.

It could be interesting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/vitaminc/images.jpg)

...and now I've scared myself...
 JediMaster12
11-30-2005, 7:58 PM
Now that is scary! Maybe we should stick to humans kissing. :ben:
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 9:28 PM
Well a kiss scene might be an interesting thing to have, but I think the makers would come to the conclusion that it might just be taking up space...still agood idea nonetheless
Page: 2 of 2