Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Carth Romance Fix

Page: 1 of 2
 cjt0202
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
... or "Hey! Why do the Male PC and Bastila get to have all the fun?"

Carth haters can just hit the "Back" button right now. Shoo! Nothing to see here :p

I'm slightly embarrassed that this is the first thing I've managed to accomplish, but heck, it needed doing and nobody else seems to have done it. Released at the request of mjpb3 (and thanks to her for testing it!)

The first time I played through the Carth romance, I was a little disappointed in how the scene on the beach after the temple on the Unknown World played out. But I shrugged it off as "Oh well, that's just the way it is." Until I found out that the male PC gets to kiss Bastila (and that depending on how you navigate the dialogue, she can insist upon it!). Now that's just not right! Bastila gets to demand to be kissed, and all I get is a suggestive whisper about "when all this is over"? And then the more I looked at this scene, the more annoying it was -- Carth's telling the woman he loves her from about 10 feet away, and they're not even making eye contact when Mission chimes in with "Sheesh, get a room, will ya?" much less doing anything that actually warrants that remark. So I put on my director's hat -- "OK, on this line I want you to move here, and at this point, I want that camera..." -- and this is the end result.

Download Here (http://www.cjt0202.net/carth_romance.php)
 mjpb3
10-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Carthaholics are going to LOVE this one!

:hearteye:
 Darth333
10-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Cool! :D About time we get something like that! :sheepdanc
 kdsphantom
10-27-2005, 8:29 PM
If Carth is having any trouble with his lines, I am ready able and willing to step in and be a body double for him. I always heard he was difficult and tempermental and that was even just on Mondays! But well done cjt0202.
kdsphantom
 RedHawke
10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I agree Carth was robbed in the romance department! :( :D Nice work there cjt! :thumbsup:
 cjt0202
10-28-2005, 10:00 AM
If Carth is having any trouble with his lines, I am ready able and willing to step in and be a body double for him.
Heh. Carth wasn't the one who needed a stunt double. I went through a phase where I'd hit the last line of the dialogue, and he'd punch the poor woman in the stomach as he "talked forcefully" :lol:
 Kha
10-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi,

I've just played it a few times... and really enjoyed!! The dialog is much more intimate now, nice work. Thanks for sharing
 kdsphantom
10-29-2005, 5:39 PM
Hiya Cjt0202

Heh. Carth wasn't the one who needed a stunt double. I went through a phase where I'd hit the last line of the dialogue, and he'd punch the poor woman in the stomach as he "talked forcefully" :lol:

Now see thats just wrong!, see how Carth is, that would never happen with me doing his lines. You should come look me up next time angel when you need a stunt double :)
kdsphantom
 Kristy Kistic
11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I have to say I think you did a really excellent job on this. Nice work :)
 cjt0202
11-09-2005, 9:40 PM
@mjpb3 - I wandered into the kotorfanmedia forums for the first time today. Thanks for the advertising. :)

@kdsphantom - Considering what they're doing to him over there, he might be ready to take you up on that offer to be his stunt double. Hope you like Mandalorians :lol:
 mjpb3
11-20-2005, 10:43 AM
@mjpb3 - I wandered into the kotorfanmedia forums for the first time today. Thanks for the advertising. :)

you're welcome!

Those ladies have gone nuts over there with your mod :)

(of course, if I could get screenshots, I'd be joining them as well... but alas, my screenshot 'dealy' isn't working correctly)
 Anastase
11-27-2005, 12:11 PM
I haven't played all the way through yet (have only been playing for a day or two now) but this looks very nice, I'm definately going to try it out :)

I had a question though, in the "other" folder, you included some bonus files. I understood the instructions for those, but I was wondering what the source folder .nss files were for? Are they supposed to be put anywhere?
 cjt0202
11-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I haven't played all the way through yet (have only been playing for a day or two now) but this looks very nice, I'm definately going to try it out :)

I had a question though, in the "other" folder, you included some bonus files. I understood the instructions for those, but I was wondering what the source folder .nss files were for? Are they supposed to be put anywhere?Those are just the source code files for the scripts, included for anyone who's curious. No need to put them anywhere.
 Anastase
11-27-2005, 2:20 PM
Ahh ok. Thank you so much for answering! I am a real newbie to this game so I have no idea what the different file types do yet :lol: I appreciate you answering so quickly :) I'll let you know what I think once I play it through :D
 MdKnightR
11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
You know, I have played through K1 many times, but I have never gotten Carth to say anything about loving her on the beach of the Rakatan world. I know that I have completed everything leading up to that point because when I go back to the temple summit save and decide to go dark side, Carth shows up on the Star Forge trying to save her. Has anyone else had this problem with the romance? I am hoping that this mod release will fix this problem.
 cjt0202
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
You know, I have played through K1 many times, but I have never gotten Carth to say anything about loving her on the beach of the Rakatan world. I know that I have completed everything leading up to that point because when I go back to the temple summit save and decide to go dark side, Carth shows up on the Star Forge trying to save her. Has anyone else had this problem with the romance? I am hoping that this mod release will fix this problem.Heh, I've played through that particular bit of dialogue so many times, there isn't a ounce of romance left in it :lol:

Hmmm... if you consistently killed Juhani back in the Grove, then that would cause that problem. The romance part of the dialogue was only linked to one of her lines, and that is fixed in version 1.1. If you're not a habitual Juhani killer.... I'm not sure what the requirement is for Carth to show up on the Star Forge, but to get the "I love you" on the beach, the last conversation you had with him should have been the one about you being Revan. There should have been talk of you being swallowed whole by your big bad destiny, and it should have ended with an exchange of "I think I could love you"s. If he just says he doesn't hate you, you're going to have to make a choice soon, and he hopes he can save you from yourself, then you missed something earlier.
 MdKnightR
11-28-2005, 12:30 PM
The last time Carth had anything to say was the "I think I could love you" conversation. I think that I have killed Juhani once.
 cjt0202
11-28-2005, 2:27 PM
The last time Carth had anything to say was the "I think I could love you" conversation. I think that I have killed Juhani once.If you had the "I think I could love you" conversation and chose the light side at the temple, I didn't think you could miss it. :confused:

When Juhani says she has no doubt Bastila will be waiting for you on the Star Forge, does Jolee say "No doubt. I must say it's good to have you with us, my dear" or does it skip straight to Carth saying you should get going before she can organize a bigger welcoming committee? If it's not letting Jolee chime in, you might want to take a peek at your save game in KSE. There's a numeric global variable named K_SWG_CARTH -- it should be set to 15 at that point.
 MdKnightR
11-29-2005, 8:08 AM
You know, I can't remember. It has been many months since I have played K1. I do seem to remember Jolee saying that though. I will check the Savegame though. Thanks for the tip!
 Jae Onasi
02-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Woohoo! You did a great job on this mod. This makes the scene look _so_ much better. Thank you!
 zadi
02-21-2006, 8:16 PM
I've had this mod for a couple of weeks now and it's my favorite mod. I have a few other mods but this is my favorite mod. I'm a sucker for a good romance and frankly the original scene was... anything but good. lol The mod making Carth walk over to her and "kiss" her was far better then the original version. I am one satisfied downloader!
 Jedi Eri
03-26-2006, 5:57 AM
hey, i got the mod. but carth just says that thing about "the walcome commitee"... What should I do??? I havent killed Juhani

Note: i am lightside, finished the Carth quest with Dustil, never called names on him (Ex. "hairless wookie" or whatever on Taris) but there is no romance option to the dialogues. I've got the Carth Jedi mod, the Lightsaber forms, the Arena and some skins installed.
Ah, additionally, when i go to the beach in the Rakatan world, after i've finished the temple quest, either the game crushes, or Carth just says the thing about leaving right now, and the welcome commitee.
HEEEEEElp!!!
 RedHawke
03-26-2006, 6:12 AM
I've got the Carth Jedi mod,...
Ah, additionally, when i go to the beach in the Rakatan world, after i've finished the temple quest, either the game crushes, or Carth just says the thing about leaving right now, and the welcome commitee.
You don't have Carth equipped with 2 lightsabers do you?

I have heard that for some reason the beach cutscene sequence doesn't like Carth having 2 lightsabers equipped for some unknown reason and it crashes out. Specifically having to do with a saber in his off-hand. Read about that here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157015) Especially post #9... I have no idea how to fix this either. :( So the best bet here is always give Carth a single saber or a double saber. :)
 Jedi Eri
03-26-2006, 7:28 AM
Actually I do.
Thanx, I'll try him without sabers... And I hope it works
 cjt0202
03-26-2006, 9:34 AM
If you're not getting the romance options in the dialogues, you missed something earlier in the game. If you didn't tell him to leave you alone or said really mean things like calling his wife a useless ghost, then you must've missed one of the conversations you were supposed to have with him. If you don't complete the romance up to that point, nothing's going to happen on the beach.

And if you're not doing things like calling him a hairless wookiee, you're missing out on some of the best parts of the romance. He likes to be teased ;) You might want to save before you talk to him so you can go back and try out the different choices. And talk to him a lot to make sure you're hitting all the conversations.
 Jae Onasi
03-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Did you finish the Dustil quest before getting a few starmaps? I had a problem one time where I got the quest but collected a Starmap or two before going to Korriban, and the romance never triggered.
 cjt0202
03-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Did you finish the Dustil quest before getting a few starmaps? I had a problem one time where I got the quest but collected a Starmap or two before going to Korriban, and the romance never triggered.Yep, that's an easy way to miss his conversations. If he gets into "I want to go find Dustil" mode, then you need to go find Dustil because he won't talk about anything else until you do. I've gotten so I leave him on the ship until I get out of the docking area and then add him to my party to keep Jordo from appearing before I'm ready to go to Korriban.
 RedHawke
03-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Actually I do.
Thanx, I'll try him without sabers... And I hope it works
You can keep him with a single saber or a double saber just fine... just make sure his off hand is free. :)
 Jedi Eri
03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow, thaaanx so much for all your answers! :)

If you didn't tell him to leave you alone

Yes, I actually didn't tell him that

And if you're not doing things like calling him a hairless wookiee, you're missing out on some of the best parts of the romance. He likes to be teased

Whoa, I did't know that.In fact I always avoided insulting him in that way because I thought that he would blew into a rage and then ->no romance, no kiss! Ok, I'll try different options, I'm sure it will be very funny :)

Did you finish the Dustil quest before getting a few starmaps? I had a problem one time where I got the quest but collected a Starmap or two before going to Korriban, and the romance never triggered

I really did that mistake. I left the Dustil Quest be the last one, after I was done with the maps. :( And I really was very frustrated about the thing that we could't talk about anything else but Dustil. To That point I was sure I'd lost all the romance quest :(

You can keep him with a single saber or a double saber just fine... just make sure his off hand is free.
Ok, got it ;) Thanx!
 Sable Phoenix
04-05-2006, 3:50 AM
I just have to say, this is a GREAT mod. It's so seamless and so well done and looks so good that if I didn't know better I'd swear it was the way BioWare designed it originally. It makes the scene so much better. Already it's my favorite mod and I don't plan to ever play the game without it again. Great work!
 caleth58
04-06-2006, 1:22 AM
Good job cjt0202. I particularly liked the restoration of the post-Leviathan dialogs. I always figured that given that Carth wasn't exactly silent about his feelings for Saul once he started talking, he wouldn't be silent with the PC either. So I'm not surprised that there was actual dialog recorded. Thanks for putting it back! *squees happily*
 ThoraxeRMG
04-07-2006, 2:58 PM
There are other fish in the mannan orcean for Carth
 Meatbag
04-07-2006, 5:24 PM
Could you do the same thing for Bastila's meeting with Revan in the dormitory?

Hee-hee. Wishful thinking.
 Lightside Revan
06-06-2006, 8:13 AM
I hope this thread is still in use.

Well, I have problems with the Carth romance. I do not get any dialogue between them at the beach. That makes me so disappointing. Juhani is still alive. Maybe I did something wrong before? Although I could not think of anything that was wrong.

I installed your mod, but I do not get any romantic scene at all. Does it also work on the German version? Are there different options in the German and the English game?

Could someone give me hints to complete the romance quest. As well as the key scenes and dialogues where the romance is getting on. I was always nice to him and now I do not get any "I love you". That's unfair.

Please help me! I want to see that romantic scene!
 cjt0202
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I hope this thread is still in use.

Well, I have problems with the Carth romance. I do not get any dialogue between them at the beach. That makes me so disappointing. Juhani is still alive. Maybe I did something wrong before? Although I could not think of anything that was wrong.

I installed your mod, but I do not get any romantic scene at all. Does it also work on the German version? Are there different options in the German and the English game?

Could someone give me hints to complete the romance quest. As well as the key scenes and dialogues where the romance is getting on. I was always nice to him and now I do not get any "I love you". That's unfair.

Please help me! I want to see that romantic scene!If you didn't get any "I love you" at all (either from 10 feet away or the improved version), then you missed part of the romance, and my mod can't do anything about that. You had to have the "I think I could love you" conversation after the last Star Map to still be on track. Here (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdgmn/is_200310/ai_n9507934/print) is a link that details when all the conversations have to happen to keep things moving. Slight warning: I followed one that sounded very similar when I was trying to get through the romance the first time, and it was slightly off. There was one conversation it said had to happen before a certain Star Map, when it actually wasn't unlocked until you got that map. I forget which one though and don't have the game in front of me to go through and compare.

Anyway, the mod does work with the German version. If you had killed Juhani, there's one line that I had to add to hook back into the skipped romance dialogue that will be in English.
 Lightside Revan
06-06-2006, 1:33 PM
Thanks for the info. Well, I will play the game again. Hopefully, I have more luck. Now I am quite coutious in the dialogues with him. What is the best way to talk to him? Maybe I was too nice to him and he was bothered. So, new game, new luck.
 cjt0202
06-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the info. Well, I will play the game again. Hopefully, I have more luck. Now I am quite coutious in the dialogues with him. What is the best way to talk to him? Maybe I was too nice to him and he was bothered. So, new game, new luck.The nice replies are always safe choices. The important thing is to hit all the conversations. But as I told Jedi Eri, he likes being teased too.
 Lightside Revan
06-07-2006, 4:41 AM
Yes, he likes it really being teased. Well, in my third conversation, I guess I was a bid bothered and said to him that his mistrust is slowly bothering me. Then, he was quite upset saying that he knew it. I hope that wasn't an end to the Carth romance.
 Shem
06-07-2006, 4:42 AM
I'm actually going to try this mod out. Just downloaded it. I'm currently working a female Revan game and when I saw this mod, I just thought, "What the heck, let's check this baby out." I still got a long ways to go since I'm on Dantooine, just built my lightsaber and haven't left the Jedi Enclave just yet. I'll definitely report what I think of it when the scene finally happens. :D
 Lightside Revan
06-07-2006, 5:31 AM
Just one further question. Is the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5 needed for the mod?

Yes, I also began a new game, although I loved my old character. I am still on Taris. So, a long way to go for the special scene.
 Raven_Onasi
06-17-2006, 1:18 AM
Carthaholics are going to LOVE this one!

:hearteye:

:hearteye: I am a carthaholic!!! :hearteye: I love this mod, I don't know how I ever played the game without it!!! thank you so much for creating it. :heart3:
 Lightside Revan
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I am now at the Unkown World and there is now love scene with Carth. I have to speak with him in the Ebon Hawk and what I am getting is just that we have a future and that he could fall in love for me. Super! It's a bid frustrating.......:-(((((. What's wrong......I want that special scene.

Doesn't the mod work? Does my PC don't "eat" the Lotus Notes files?
 cjt0202
07-03-2006, 1:09 PM
I am now at the Unkown World and there is now love scene with Carth. I have to speak with him in the Ebon Hawk and what I am getting is just that we have a future and that he could fall in love for me. Super! It's a bid frustrating.......:-(((((. What's wrong......I want that special scene.

Doesn't the mod work? Does my PC don't "eat" the Lotus Notes files?You're fine. It's good that you had the conversation with Carth where he said he could fall in love with you -- you're on track with the romance plot, right where you should be. You've just got some more work to do before you get to it. The scene I "fixed" doesn't happen until you return to the Hawk after taking care of all the business you have to do on the Unknown World.
 Jedi Eri
07-04-2006, 7:51 AM
You're fine. It's good that you had the conversation with Carth where he said he could fall in love with you -- you're on track with the romance plot, right where you should be. You've just got some more work to do before you get to it. The scene I "fixed" doesn't happen until you return to the Hawk after taking care of all the business you have to do on the Unknown World.

Needless to say I played the game 3 times before I finally got it right, and when I did I screamed so loud that my neighbour nearly called the police because he thought I was being murdered and called for help.;) lol
Btw, have you ever thought of making up the TSL romance as well? I know what you're gonna say, therer is another modder claimed that already, but why don't you give it a try???? I'm quite sure it's gonna rock. And even if the otehr mod is released, I don't think it would be bad to have two romance mods to choose from... ;) Pleeeeeeease??????
 Arбtoeldar
07-04-2006, 12:33 PM
You're fine. It's good that you had the conversation with Carth where he said he could fall in love with you -- you're on track with the romance plot, right where you should be. You've just got some more work to do before you get to it. The scene I "fixed" doesn't happen until you return to the Hawk after taking care of all the business you have to do on the Unknown World.

Thanks for an excellent mod. :heart:

Is there anyway to make this mod compatable with KristyKistic's 2 Altered Endings (Turn Malak LS - Turn Carth DS) mod?
 cjt0202
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Btw, have you ever thought of making up the TSL romance as well? I know what you're gonna say, therer is another modder claimed that already, but why don't you give it a try???? I'm quite sure it's gonna rock. And even if the otehr mod is released, I don't think it would be bad to have two romance mods to choose from... ;) Pleeeeeeease??????I've thought about it, but that's a bigger project than I want to tackle. To many ideas and not enough free time as it is. If there was something to work with, maybe. But about the only scene in there that comes close to romance is between Visas and male Exile. And if I were going to do it, I'd want to add some romance for female Exile, and that'd take writing entire dialogs just to get the guys to get off their butts and even approach her. I can write code all day, but stories and dialogue... my brain isn't wired that way. :lol:

Is there anyway to make this mod compatable with KristyKistic's 2 Altered Endings (Turn Malak LS - Turn Carth DS) mod?I haven't tried that one, but I wasn't aware that they weren't compatible. Just looking at her files, I don't see any obvious conflicts. I can look into it a little more...
 Lightside Revan
07-05-2006, 5:54 AM

It worked, it worked! How cute! Lovely Carth :hearteye: . Would be really great if you could do also a mod for KOTOR II with female Exile and the historian (forgot his name). In one scene he said to the female exile she should not leave them/him. That would be a good scene for more :-D .
 Jedi Eri
07-07-2006, 7:59 AM
I've thought about it, but that's a bigger project than I want to tackle. To many ideas and not enough free time as it is. If there was something to work with, maybe. But about the only scene in there that comes close to romance is between Visas and male Exile. And if I were going to do it, I'd want to add some romance for female Exile, and that'd take writing entire dialogs just to get the guys to get off their butts and even approach her. I can write code all day, but stories and dialogue... my brain isn't wired that way. :lol:

Well you could always use some help, right? We can help with the story if you want...
But staring from the basics, why don't you modify the script with Visas to make a kiss scene or so? The dialogue is pretty much suitable for it. For example, Visas says that she LOVES the exile, and those lines "for as long as you let me love you " etc that she says could lead to a more romantic scene thsn the existing one..
 Arбtoeldar
07-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I haven't tried that one, but I wasn't aware that they weren't compatible. Just looking at her files, I don't see any obvious conflicts. I can look into it a little more...

Don't mind me. I was having a brain fart and mixing up your mod with the Alturnative DS Dialog mod. :o

Excellcent and a must have mod.
 Shem
07-14-2006, 8:44 AM
I finally saw how this all turned out. It's a great mod. It really does spice up the scene very well. It's not as perfect as people probably would like it, but again based on the limits this game gives you, nobody can do it better than that.

Excellent work, I commend you! :D
Page: 1 of 2