Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New type of lightsaber.

Page: 1 of 1
 redleaderwedge
10-26-2005, 11:18 PM
I wondered if it was possible to make a lightsaber where the blade comes out of the other end of the hilt, so it's essentially upside down, if it's possible then thats awesome, and if it's not then I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope it appears in KOTOR III.
 oldflash
10-27-2005, 1:41 AM
I spossible, yes, but animation will be the same as original model. Imagine just the scene when Sion cut Kreia's hand, how do you think will look like? Same problem will be in all game with that saber.
 timewarp82
11-01-2005, 7:32 PM
Hey, newbie here. I don't mean to shoot down your idea or anything, but what you're talking about is simply a lightsaber held in a reverse grip. It's a cool idea, but it would require completely new animations and fighting styles to pull it off.
 The_Maker
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
^^^
Technically thats not true, if my understanding of modeling is correct you would just flip the model and everything upside down in gmax. Now getting to look right would require some animation editing ;)
 oldflash
11-02-2005, 9:24 AM
^^^
Technically thats not true, if my understanding of modeling is correct you would just flip the model and everything upside down in gmax. Now getting to look right would require some animation editing ;)

You are correct. Without animations edited the blade will cross the pc body too many times during fight animations.
Page: 1 of 1