Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA Movies Extractable?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bubba Fatt
08-18-2000, 11:37 PM
I know this topic has probably been run through a million times, I just have never been to the forum. Hehe
Anyway, are the in-game videos from XWA in any way extractable so they can be played oustide of XWA? If so, what programs can do the job?

The first video always crashes during the credits, so I wanted to see if I can do something.

------------------
Steiny
 Cid_MCDP
08-19-2000, 3:37 PM
as far as i know, there is no way to view the movies outside of xwing. i remember reading somewhere that the movies are in scrumm (sp?) format, which is just some proprietary format lucasarts/totally used for the game. my only suggestion would be to download a pilot editor and set yourself so that you've "completed all missions" then you can go back and view all of the movies thru the menu (view cutscenes).

------------------
Come get some @ www.mcdp.net) (http://www.mcdp.net)
 Topace
08-23-2000, 7:33 PM
The format indead is called scrumm, as far as I can remember.
I had an e-mail conversation with the guys from tottaly games once because of that and I was told that the format is from Lucasarts.
They first used it in Grim Fandago and I think now again in Force Commander but I am not sure about that.
The format is based on a dos coder and the sourcecode is nowhere available and Lucasarts isn't going to release it.
Some guy once tried to make a conversion but he stopped it.
All I still know is that the first frame is a full frame and all the others are just showing the differences to the previous one.
Not a good way to save diskspace though in such action packed cutscenes as seen in XWA.
Sorry to annoy you with the technical stuff, but I thought it had to be said

GA_Topace
Page: 1 of 1