Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC

Page: 1 of 3
 RobQel-Droma
10-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Well, since there have been discussions about whether to play as Revan/the Exile, or play as a new PC, I wondered what most people think. I would go for a new PC, I am not going to explain all my reasons, I just think it would be better; You start off with a "blank sheet" so to speak, you don't have to worry about the level of your character, or his items (he wouldn't have any :D), and you would choose your alignment as you went along, instead of choosing it at the beginning in the menu.
 Achilles
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
New PC. The logistics of making the other two choices work are just too much. It doesn't make sense story-wise. It doesn't make sense gamplay-wise. It doesn't make sense.

Make it Revan's love child. Make it the Exile's second cousin. Just make it a new PC.
 spinkle
10-26-2005, 11:12 AM
heh...the Exile's second cousin.

New PC, definitely. i'd hate to see this franchise end up with a Link or Samus Aran legacy PC since one of the most interesting aspects of TSL is that you aren't Revan. I've played the Exile, it's time to move on. And Achilles is right, it's a logistic nightmare to perpetuate either character.
 Kensai
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
New PC, but definately Revan and Exile should be important NPC's in the story. Evenif they aren't we should expect some deep information about them and what has happened. Or maybe, like TSL, you choose the path Revan and the Exile took via cunning selective dialogue options.
 fresnosmokey02
10-26-2005, 1:03 PM
New PC. I think Revan and Exile should be goals, prizes, something to reach to learn something new. I don't think they should be party members, just people you run into on your journey.
 TheExileReturns
10-26-2005, 1:18 PM
New PC, and it think it should be a person who is being trained by the new council of Jedi on Telos.(Assuming you played a light side character.)

I think, between the blending of Echani combat learned from Atton and Handmaiden as well as Visas' knowledge (force sight etc) and Bao-Dur's Technical expertise, This new NPC would be a formidable Jedi to go look for Revan and the Exile possibley with the help of Mira (she's good at tracking people) and the droids T3 and HK47. Of course, the Ebon Hawk would be yours again, because the Exile would not have taken it much like Revan did not.

If you played a dark side character, it would be possibley Korriban and you would be trained by Visas and whoever else was left from the Kotor II party if they became Sith and served the Exile.
 spinkle
10-26-2005, 1:25 PM
heh...TheExileReturns would prefer a new pc.
 TheExileReturns
10-26-2005, 1:33 PM
Yes, the Exile will return, but as an NPC like Revan
 spinkle
10-26-2005, 1:38 PM
oh, i agree, i was just making a sarcastic notation.
 Shem
10-26-2005, 1:50 PM
Opps, I pick the wrong one. I meant to pick new PC, but I accidently picked Revan. Oh well. Gotta be a new PC on a mission to find Revan. Hopefully Bastila gets involved and possibly Carth.
 IndianaSolo
10-26-2005, 5:37 PM
New PC. Without question. In fact, I won't even play K3 if Revan or the Exile was the PC again. Not because I don't like them, but because it would limit what can be done with the characters.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-26-2005, 6:45 PM
If you ask me, I'd prefer to see both Revan and Ry'ghol back as PC's and NPC's, but I wouldn't mind a new one much.

Personally, I would like all three... Heh! I beat you all. :D
 The Doctor
10-26-2005, 7:04 PM
^ Who is Ry'ghol?
New PC. Revan or the Exile being the PC character wouldn't work.
 RobQel-Droma
10-26-2005, 8:15 PM
I think that is like the True Sith name for "the Exile" or something like that.

Personally, I think that if we aren't playing as Revan or the Exile, which I don't thing we will, we won't see them as party members. We might meet them, but not as party members.
 Achilles
10-26-2005, 8:56 PM
New PC, and it think it should be a person who is being trained by the new council of Jedi on Telos.(Assuming you played a light side character.) Man oh man. This has to be one of the best K3 ideas that I've seen.

You start off at the Academy at Telos (nice tie in with TSL). Atris is gone (because she could have died in the last game), but the Jedi are struggling to rebuild and there are other Masters there to train you. Being a Jedi Academy with Jedi and Sith artifacts, it would make a great lead in for LS and DS play. Because it was a planet from TSL, they can tie the games together without having to resurrect Dantooine or Korriban.

Major kudos to you. I think you're definitely on to something.
 Alkonium
10-26-2005, 9:58 PM
My idea is that you play as Revan's Padawan/Sith Apprentice. At the beginning, the Ebon Hawk crashlands on whatever planet Revan and his/her Padawan/Sith Apprentice. The Exile gets out and says "Revan, is that you?", then you can say "No, I'm his Padawan learner", "No, I'm her Padawan learner", "No, I'm his Sith Apprentice" or "No, I'm her Sith Apprentice", also determining Revan's Gender and Alignment. Although Revan can still change alignments.
 redleaderwedge
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
I kind of like that Idea, as that I would like to have both Revan and "The Exile" in my party at some point in the game. Because they're charachters were too deep, and the moment between Carth and The Exile about finding Revan was too hinting to be completel ignored.
 RedHawke
10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Make it Revan's love child. Make it the Exile's second cousin. Just make it a new PC.
I got it! We get to play Revan's sisters, and the Exile's brothers, former roommate! :xp:

Seriously though, New PC for the win! :)
 Raynoc
10-27-2005, 1:39 AM
Yeah I picked New Pc too, Just because I like to learn the background
of the PC i am playing. We know most of the stuff that went on with
the Exile and Revan....So New PC for me!
 FiEND_138
10-27-2005, 6:08 AM
Agrees with the above.

New PC....

Man I've been saying that a lot lately.........
 SITHSLAYER133
10-27-2005, 6:45 AM
not caring i just want the story to finish so i can say i played the best series ever
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 8:26 AM
^ Who is Ry'ghol?
I think that is like the True Sith name for "the Exile" or something like that.
Yes, that's how they would be called by the True Sith (I guess). As far as I see it, Revan (according to my dictionary, no necesearily true of course :D ) means "The Destined One" and Ry'ghol means "The Exile".

Doesn't mean that it's ture, but still...
 Alkonium
10-27-2005, 8:29 AM
Yes, that's how they would be called by the True Sith (I guess). As far as I see it, Revan (according to my dictionary, no necesearily true of course :D ) means "The Destined One" and Ry'ghol means "The Exile".

Doesn't mean that it's ture, but still...
So you're saying that the Exile would have been known as Darth Ry'ghol
 TheExileReturns
10-27-2005, 9:56 AM
I think all of us should be writing for Kotor III, because our ideas are already way better than they had in kotor II.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-27-2005, 3:17 PM
So you're saying that the Exile would have been known as Darth Ry'ghol
Yes, but he would call himself Darth Kane (when he falls to the Dark Side that is).

I think all of us should be writing for Kotor III, because our ideas are already way better than they had in kotor II.
I agree, but still Obsidian made an ending that opens MILLION more possible endings, so they did at least something good with the story.

I have an imagination that Bioware and Obsidian work together on KOTOR 3, and that they hire some people (or volontiers) from their and these Forums to write the scenario for KOTOR 3 and make ideas for improvments for gameplay; otherwise: I'd choose Bioware over Obsidian in less than 1/300000 of a second (the amount of time that requiers light to travel 1 kilometre).
 Bastila
10-27-2005, 3:43 PM
I'd want Revan and the Exile they could make it like the last legacy of Kain game where you were Razio and Kain.
 Aurora Merlow
10-28-2005, 4:06 AM
hope its Revan but i doubt it will be.
 marvidchano
10-28-2005, 8:14 AM
no offence but that sounds borin
 RobQel-Droma
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a game where you play as Revan, but I think they will make a new PC. And I hope so too, I would rather play as someone that hasn't already had his past figured out and has been customized by me.
 lonepadawan
10-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Quite frankly, everyone has their own version of Revan. Plus we'd probably have some cheesy reason why he suddenly loses force powers etc..

Plus Revan has become somthing of a fanboy favorite... leave him and the Exile well out of it I say..
 Cyl
10-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I was actually thinking of a non-jedi main character, coming with none jedi prestige classes, and so on
 RobQel-Droma
10-28-2005, 12:12 PM
I hope you want a Jedi character coming, cause there is going to be one. I think it would be cool to be a "republic commando" type of character like I mentioned somewhere else, perhaps commando as prestiege of soldier, but we are going to get force powers, it is a fact. That is what the game is about.
 Clone L68362
10-29-2005, 1:10 AM
Revan FTW. Be quiet Rob :)
 RedHawke
10-29-2005, 3:24 AM
I was actually thinking of a non-jedi main character, coming with none jedi prestige classes, and so on
Then why call the game Knights of the Old Republic? :rolleyes:
 Cyl
10-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Then why call the game Knights of the Old Republic? :rolleyes:

well it aint called Jedis of the old republic either ...

but yeah you're right
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 1:20 PM
I am quiet clone :D.

And Cyl, it isn't called Jedi of the Old Republic, you are right, but you can also say Jedi KNIGHTS too. Hence, Knights of the Old Republic; What other knights would there be?
 Samurai DD
10-29-2005, 7:58 PM
I voted Revan, but as my close second choice, it would be a New PC related to Revan. The exile should be an important NPC but not the PC.

But it would be great having Revan closing the story. Its gotta be greater than the Star Forge, bigger than Malachor... And Revan's gotta be there, PC or NPC.
 Cyl
10-30-2005, 11:37 AM
What about the main characters change during the storyline?

Likewise you define Revan's and Exile's Looks/Alignment/Romances/whatever with a new character, and later during the storyline you come to play Revan/Exile with the setting you have created, affecting which partymembers/forcepowers/Romance/Attributes, Feats, abilities/ and so on.

So for instance the dialogue option "I have heard that he was a fierce fighter", "Rumors say that he never had to draw his lightsaber, he fully relied on the force" and whatever I aint good at creating such things... these dialogues leading to more or less predifined characters.

like it was done in Kotor 2, just a bit more indepth. Probably spread over several hours of gameplay.

So probably the only thing that would have to be chosen at the beginning would be Revan's/Exile's/NewChar's Name if at all
 RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 11:46 AM
I hope you are not saying that the setting of Revan and the Exile will take several hours of gameplay.

But anyways, I find it doubtful that the Exile and Revan will be party members or PCs, just because while you will be able to choose alignment and gender, and possibly face and class, they will still be different as in force powers and feats. Good idea though.
 Clone L68362
10-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I had a cool idea. If we play as Revan (which I want to but bet won't happen) then since you most likely hit it off with Bastila in K1, and both games so far have included romance with a character, in 3 they could have a charcter fall in love with you, but you can refuse her and make her fall to the dark side (extreme maybe, I dunno she's also had a bad life). Good change of pace right?
 TheExileReturns
10-31-2005, 1:18 PM
How about the PC in Kotor III is the child (grown up of course) of Jolee Bindo. We never know if he had kids. That would be a nice plot twist and very Star Wars like. We could also find out what ever happened to old Jolee. Perhaps Revan would recognise the child as Jolee's offspring or perhaps Jolee's kid would not know who their true father was and this would be revealed to them later in the game?
 IndianaSolo
10-31-2005, 1:50 PM
How about the PC in Kotor III is the child (grown up of course) of Jolee Bindo. We never know if he had kids. That would be a nice plot twist and very Star Wars like. We could also find out what ever happened to old Jolee. Perhaps Revan would recognise the child as Jolee's offspring or perhaps Jolee's kid would not know who their true father was and this would be revealed to them later in the game?

That would be terrible. It would mean the only race you could choose would be a black man or woman. Already you're alienating the majority of gamers who like to use the white or asian looking templates, not to mention you're not giving people the freedom to create their own character.
 Samurai DD
10-31-2005, 4:37 PM

I think that's a great idea. But I agree with IndianaSolo. But Jolee's partner could have been anyone, so the kid can be white, asian, or whatever like his mom. Not genetically feasible, but you get teh point.
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 5:45 PM
But it wouldn't make sense for a pale white skinned human to be the offspring of Jolee. It just would be a little bit to wierd. I vote against being any of the earlier characters offspring.
 Samurai DD
11-01-2005, 7:58 PM
There a lot of exceptions to that, you know. I have seen african people with blue eyes, because they have parents of both races. If you combine a caucasian with an african american, you could get anything.
 †Saint_Killa†
11-02-2005, 12:06 AM
why not start as a new one not an offspring from older NPC's...

I just don't feel like it's good for me... well for me but for you guys... don't let me get in your way

but any way it connects the game
 Darthrevan_3
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
yea i think that the PC shud be the offspring of someone u meet in the game, depending on what color of character u choose in the begining.

eg: If ur white, then u r Carth and Bastila's kid, if ur black, like TheExileReturns
said, u wud be the child of Jolee or sumthing like that.:)
 JediFanatic10
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I kind of like that Idea, as that I would like to have both Revan and "The Exile" in my party at some point in the game. Because they're charachters were too deep, and the moment between Carth and The Exile about finding Revan was too hinting to be completel ignored.

man if you have both of those jedi in your party whats the point of having any other party members, because all you need for total domination is the three right there. Definately a bad choice unless you join up at the end to take on the True Dark Lord.
 JediFanatic10
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Maybe even be the son of Revan looking for his father, with his power bestowed within you and you can also find him through the force ultimately leading you to eachother, and whether you fight him/join him/ etc. is up in the air
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
^Revan can be female you know, and if she was DS then that would mean: dead Carth = no kids.
Page: 1 of 3