Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR III: my way

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterVader
10-23-2005, 7:57 PM
For KOTOR III, in my opinion, the PC should be Revan. This can be done with starting off at level 1 and with character development. Revan should fight the True Sith Lord very early, lose and almost die. This can set up a lose of connection in the Force and force the player to start at level 1. As for character development Revan should not have recovered all of his memory he lost. He is still recalling his past and the reasons he became Darth Revan.

As for the story, it is ten years after KOTOR II, after losing to the true sith lord, Revan escapes and recovers in a hospital on a Sith planet in the unknown regions, the Sith cannot find him because he lost most of his connection. This is where Revan meets the Exile, who should be neutral (gray) because he believed in Kreias teachings. He gives Revan the Ebon Hawk to return to Coruscant while he goes off to fight the Sith. You return to Coruscant and inform the Senate of the True Sith threat. The Sith then invade the Republic under the Exile who becomes the Dark Lord and wishes to spread Kreia's teachings.

As Revan, your mission is to save certain planets from the Sith and recruit allies. You must unite Carth and the Republic forces with the Jedi, under the Exiles apprentices from KOTOR II and Jolee and Juhani if went LS in KOTOR 1 along with the Mandalorians under Mandalore (Canderous Ordo). Bastila will join you as your apprentice now matter what side you took in KOTOR 1 because she knows Revan can be more powerful than anyone but she is not in your party, she goes off on her own to fight the True Sith. The Ebon Hawk is your ship and T3 and HK are the only returning NPCs. Since Revan's goal was always to preserve the Republic that is what you do but you can still be darkside. You can kill the Exile who is Darth something and eliminate the Sith in an epic battle with the Jedi or you can kill the Exile and eliminate the Jedi and Sith in an epic battle to start your own sect of Force users, you decide what side you take sometime earlier in the game. Bastila will join no matter your gender or side you take, if you are male you can have romance with her or another female in your party. If you are female than you can have romance with some male in your party.

Your party members should be HK, T3, Bastila (who acts as a mentor of sorts) for portions of the game, a scoundrel pilot (a Han Solo type character is needed in everything Star Wars), a Mandalorian soldier who is an ancestor of Jango Fett's, a real bounty hunter (not this Mira crap who doesn't kill), a human female Jedi (for romance), a male Iridonian Jedi (a mentor), a Bothan spy, etc. (give me ideas). Kreia should make appearances as a Force ghost. I would prefer a combat system like Jade Empires (but the old is fine) and better graphics (it will probably be on the Xbox 360 anyway). The planets should be two Sith planets (one the homeworld and not Korriban), Coruscant, Mandalore (homeworld of the Mandalorians), Yavin IV, Alderaan, Ilum, Dagobah, etc. (give me more ideas). What do you all think.
 DarthLinde
10-23-2005, 8:58 PM
well, there are lots of things that could mess that up. What if revan was evil, he wouldn't fight a sith lord, bastilla could be dead, and the list goes on. But other wise sounds pretty good, especially starting your own group
 Prime
10-24-2005, 8:02 AM
I really don't want to see yet another lost my connection/have amnesia storylines for the main character. Revan should not have to go back to being a lvl1 nobody for a third time. That is just bad storytelling IMO.

Leave Revan be, and make room for a new character that can start at lvl1. Incorporate Revan in some other fashion.
 RobQel-Droma
10-24-2005, 9:50 AM
Sorry MasterVader, but I see a lot of flaws with that.

For KOTOR III, in my opinion, the PC should be Revan. This can be done with starting off at level 1 and with character development. Revan should fight the True Sith Lord very early, lose and almost die. This can set up a lose of connection in the Force and force the player to start at level 1. As for character development Revan should not have recovered all of his memory he lost. He is still recalling his past and the reasons he became Darth Revan.

I seriously doubt we are going to be Revan. First of all, his alignment. How are you going to choose that? Come on, he was light Jedi, then he was dark Sith, then he was whatever in K1, then he is grey again? I have suggested a loss of his connection to the force, but still there are so many other things that don't fit. What would happen to all his items? Did he just lose those? And what, is he going to have another "revelation" about "oh no, I was a dark lord!" The players from K1 already know who Revan is, so it wouldn't work; The computer would be the one that is trying to figure that out.

As for the story, it is ten years after KOTOR II, after losing to the true sith lord, Revan escapes and recovers in a hospital on a Sith planet in the unknown regions, the Sith cannot find him because he lost most of his connection. This is where Revan meets the Exile, who should be neutral (gray) because he believed in Kreias teachings. He gives Revan the Ebon Hawk to return to Coruscant while he goes off to fight the Sith. You return to Coruscant and inform the Senate of the True Sith threat. The Sith then invade the Republic under the Exile who becomes the Dark Lord and wishes to spread Kreia's teachings.

The Exile is grey again? Come on, he started that way, and then you made him either light or dark. I don't think you considered that fact that Revan and the Exile could be DS, then this wouldn't work. And why would the Exile become the Sith Lord, especially if he was light in K2? If he was dark in K2, ok, but if not- there is some story problems then. And I have to fight the character that I played as in the earlier game?

Your party members should be HK, T3, Bastila (who acts as a mentor of sorts) for portions of the game, a scoundrel pilot (a Han Solo type character is needed in everything Star Wars), a Mandalorian soldier who is an ancestor of Jango Fett's, a real bounty hunter (not this Mira crap who doesn't kill), a human female Jedi (for romance), a male Iridonian Jedi (a mentor), a Bothan spy, etc. (give me ideas). Kreia should make appearances as a Force ghost

Hold it- I thought you said that HK and T3 are your only returning party members? And besides, you are going to need some kind of questioning for Bastila, because she can be dead in K1. And didn't Kreia say that she was glad to leave when she died? Why would she return? Bastila will join you no matter what or who you are, that makes absolutely no sense at all. She might be light, she might be dark, she might be alive, she might be dead. And she joins you when she is light and you are the most evil character there is? That isn't going to work. Next time, you might want to think the idea through for plot holes and things like that, before you post it.
 Darth Covetous
10-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Amnesia is a stupid plot line in sitcoms and soap operas. Even more stupid on KOTOR.
 FiEND_138
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Leave Revan be, and make room for a new character that can start at lvl1. Incorporate Revan in some other fashion.
Full agreement.

Also agree with RobQel-Droma about the grey exile thing. Personaly, I spent 40+ hours making the exile's alignment go some way (with the exception of max inf games), I'd rather not have LA/OE/Bio/whoever tell me what I did last game.
 RedHawke
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
*Likes it when Prime and FiEND post first, less typing for me!*

I'm going to have to agree with both what Prime and FiEND said... :D
 lord ignarn
10-25-2005, 8:31 AM
I must agree with all of you. I belive that amnesia itґs too much used (both ki and k2). But we shouldnґt be so hard with Mastervader, after all itґs just an opinion. :xp:
 IndianaSolo
10-25-2005, 4:25 PM
I really don't want to see yet another lost my connection/have amnesia storylines for the main character. Revan should not have to go back to being a lvl1 nobody for a third time. That is just bad storytelling IMO.

Agreed.
 Darth Serebus
10-29-2005, 11:35 AM
No amnesia, I rather your character have the viewpoint of Atton, he hates jedi and sith. That way becoming one for your character makes it unwelcomed when you have to confront your TRUE destiny. NO revan no exxile..im tired of saying it. It wold have been cool if they did it in KOTOR 2, where you had revan and you continued from your level and weapons into a harder level of gameplay. But developers have to create it where anyone besides a follower of the games can play this.

Also I hated how they did the last LEGACY of Kain, you had to do this to get that. KAIN had most of these along with Raziel. Too much time has been issued in KOTOR1&2, so your powers will not be the same.
 RobQel-Droma
10-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I am against amnesia too. I am fine with having a "revelation" so to speak, I think that that is part of the game, but you can do that without having amnesia.

Lets face it, we will not be playing as Revan. Too much questions, and customization. Not to mention that we will be starting off a lvl. 1 and without items, which might happen, but it smells of a stupid plot.
Page: 1 of 1