Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problematic joystick

Page: 1 of 1
 Spiff
07-19-2000, 12:34 AM
I have relatively new "LogiTech Wingman Exteme Digital 3D" controller, yet I am experiencing problems with it. The handle twist is far too sensitive, and when I pull the handle up or down, the throttle changes. These problems are not limited to just "XWA." Sensitivity adjustmens and reinstalling software doesn't help, but I'm pretty sure the problem is coming from the loose plate that holds the stick in place, but I don't have the kind of screwdrivers needed to fit those screws. Does anybody else have any ideas?
 krispy
07-19-2000, 3:36 AM
If I were you, I would just adjust the in-flight controls so that the twist does nothing. But then again, I don't know if you actually use the twist frequently. I have the Logitech Attack and it doesn't have a twist, so I would be fine with that.

Again, if I were YOU.

Later
-krispy
 K_Kinnison
07-19-2000, 1:24 PM
I had this problem to

First of all, XWA think it is an actualy rudder pedals on the joystick... so you need to go to the option screen (hit escape while in XWA) select game controls, and turn off the rudder

Now that that is done, you can use the Wingman Profiler program to adjust the senstiviy, and the dead area. I usually turn the senseitvity waaay down, and turn the dead area waaay up.

This should solve all problesm, also you might want to fly a few mission to get used to a rudder. I noticed i like to twist my wrist a lot whle trying to do exteme turns
Page: 1 of 1