Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Sidious

Page: 1 of 1
 vader815
10-22-2005, 4:15 PM
Can the empire use sidious as a hero?
 popcorn2008
10-22-2005, 5:11 PM
Darth Sidious and the Emperor are the same entity, and it is suspected the Emperor will be a hero unit.
 Darth_Terros
10-22-2005, 5:15 PM
Cant really imagine the emperor on the battle field seems a bit odd
 popcorn2008
10-22-2005, 5:23 PM
Cant really imagine the emperor on the battle field seems a bit odd
Have you seen episode III? Before then i couldnt imagine him even dueling with a lightsaber. But let me tell you, he is fully capable. He is the emperor.
 Darth_Terros
10-22-2005, 5:30 PM
Dont get me wrong he is fully capable of fighting i never said he wasnt

I just cant imagine him in a full scale battle its not the sort of thing he would do thats why he has vader

Why would he put himself at risk? he fights when he has too thats all otherwise he has other to do it for him

he's a politician
 popcorn2008
10-22-2005, 9:59 PM
he's a politician
And a Sith Lord. I do understand though, I mean he is the Emperor. It sure wouldnt be standard to have him be a main unit on the field. I would suspect him to just be a hero unit, or a mission specific unit.
 GhOsT-Jedi
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
He might just be a morral unit, he can fight ya, but if he dies your screwed. He should just be used to raise the morral of your fighting units.
 Gripmaster
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM
he's a unit because the imps need more.

To Darth Terros- I love your sig i read that comic it was awesome. What was the name of the evil persona again?
 Darth Windu
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with Terros here. Sidious/Palpatine fights when necessary, but his primary strength is his ability to manipulate people and events.
 Darth Andrew
10-23-2005, 12:27 AM
He might just be a morral unit, he can fight ya, but if he dies your screwed. He should just be used to raise the morral of your fighting units.The one problem I see having the Emperor as a morale unit is: wouldn't you be more afraid of the Emperor? Consider this: you're a stormtrooper fighting in some war-torn city, then the Emperor arrives and stands right next to you. Now I don't know about you, but I would be freaking out beyond imagination. I mean, it's The Emperor, the guy who turned a republic into an empire almost single-handedly. I just don't see him as a morale booster, let alone on the battlefield.
 Nevets1112
10-23-2005, 12:46 AM
He is in for sure, there are screenshots. He will probably be an economic hero tho, more so than a battle one. He could porbably hold his own in battle, but since is so powerful you wouldn't want to.
 Darth_Terros
10-23-2005, 4:20 AM
The one problem I see having the Emperor as a morale unit is: wouldn't you be more afraid of the Emperor? Consider this: you're a stormtrooper fighting in some war-torn city, then the Emperor arrives and stands right next to you. Now I don't know about you, but I would be freaking out beyond imagination. I mean, it's The Emperor, the guy who turned a republic into an empire almost single-handedly. I just don't see him as a morale booster, let alone on the battlefield.

He'd scare you into fighting harder hell who wants to mess up if the emperors watching :D

and to gripmaster - Off the top of my head i think it was Kardem i loved that story it was brilliant i wish they'd turn it into a longer book

templesmith is a great artist i loved his 30 days of night and dark days books too if you havn't read them you should best vampire stories ever i think tehre is a third book too but i've never read it *also i think there is a rumour sam raimi might be turnign tehm into a movie?*
 dorkthehunter
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
He's shown as a hero in one of the screenshots.
 WxDude
10-30-2005, 2:32 PM
I'd patch him into a Command Ship from Courscant, but I would not let the Emperor leave the protection of Courscant and the Courscant Home Fleet...anyone rember the Battle of Endor?
 THEredGERBAL
10-31-2005, 12:43 AM
I'd fight harder with the Emperor watching that's for sure - Given the choice between almost certain death and anoying him most stormtroopers would choose death. Look at what he did to Windu - that's not a nice way to go.
 Darth Alec
10-31-2005, 12:52 AM
I'd fight harder with the Emperor watching that's for sure - Given the choice between almost certain death and anoying him most stormtroopers would choose death. Look at what he did to Windu - that's not a nice way to go.

He he.... I liked that explanation.
Page: 1 of 1