Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does anyone have any suspisions about what will happen in the last game?

Page: 1 of 3
 Revan Skywalker
10-20-2005, 8:39 PM
What do you think will happen?
 Achilles
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I think that you'll be one of the "new" Jedi, sent to the Unknown Region to determine the fate of Revan. You'll be given T3 (and maybe HK) as well as the Ebon Hawk and sent off with (crosses fingers) a talented, but untested Padawan.

You'll have to travel to various planets to complete your training and unravel the mysteries of where Revan went and what he/she encountered. You'll build your party, find the True Sith and...your guess is as good as mine from there.

The thing that we know for sure is that the Ebon Hawk has a record of Revan's travels and T3 is the only one that can unlock them. Speculation re: the return of the EH and T3 are just silly if you ask me. That ship and that droid will be back for sure. I'll put money on HK's return as well.
 RedHawke
10-21-2005, 12:20 AM
^^^^
I'm with you Achilles! :D

Though I'm pretty sure we will see Mr. Ordo again as well, though unlikely as an NPC. I figure possibly we'll have to do a quest or two for him. ;)
 Achilles
10-21-2005, 1:58 AM
Possible, but I have a feeling that he will be dead in the K3 timeline. It'd be great if they brought Mandalore back, but...well, you know what I mean by that.

I'm guessing that we'll see a fledgling Jedi Order on the cusp of reestablishing it's presence in the Galaxy after the events of the first two games (i.e. 10-15 years after TSL). I'm hoping that we'll see more of Kreia ala Obi-wan in ESB. Maybe unlocking the astrogation system will kick loose some more holovids with Bastila and Carth in them, but then again, maybe not.
 RedHawke
10-21-2005, 3:30 AM
I see we are of like minds on the 10-15 years after TSL, and having a fledgeling Jedi Order for the start of KIII. I kind of took the reasons you could easily make the NPC's in TSL into Jedi and them dissappearing at the end of TSL was to make this possible for KIII. I even remember Krea mentioning that they were the new Jedi, or something like that.

But I am also thinking that the unlocking of the Hawk's astrogation system will be part of the Main quest in KIII. If you think about it searching for a way to do this is a great way to start the game off for our new PC. Then by unlocking the astrogation system it will lead us to the actual Main quest to find out what Revan knew that led to the Jedi Civil war.
 Achilles
10-21-2005, 3:55 AM
Well, I want to keep an open mind about things, but I have to admit that I'll be kinda disappointed if they bring back any of the main NPCs from TSL (except Kreia and the aforementioned droids). Too much baggage can quickly weigh the story down. However if the devs can find a graceful way to do it, then good on them.

I kinda like where you're going with the astrogation system. I was thinking they might do something Peragus like with the EH, but I suppose they could make it gradual. My only concern there is making the game too linear. I hope they learned their lesson from TSL and make things slightly more open.
 Revan Skywalker
10-21-2005, 9:40 AM
Maybe Bao-Dur can die. Kreia did say she could not see his future. May the Force guide you!
 chaleur
10-21-2005, 2:33 PM
^ NOOOOOO! He's the best. And...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/kotor_rating/baodurstamp.gif)
(kotor_rating livejournal community) (http://www.livejournal.com/community/kotor_rating/)

I may be a girl, but I'm a geek first ;-).
 Shem
10-21-2005, 3:41 PM
I like the idea of Bastila returning as a party member to help you find Revan.

It really doesn't matter whether or not Revan was light or dark at the end of KOTOR because in TSL, Bastila is still obsessed with finding out what happened to Revan and where Revan is.

The only problem I can see is that in the scenario TSL, if you chose that Revan was light and female, it is assumed that Bastila was killed on the Star Forge. However, I'm sure it could be worked around like making her a party member if somehow your NPC chooses that Revan was male, light or dark, or Revan is female, dark. If Bastila is assumed dead, then someone else joins instead down the road. It would be just like in TSL whether or not either Brianna, or Mical joins. That goes for Mira or Hanharr situation. Just depends on what is established.

Just the idea of Bastila joining assumming she is still alive would make sense since she is desperate to find Revan.
 RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 4:21 PM
I think that Bastila should make a reappearance, be you master even if she is alive. She could probably be obsessed with finding Revan as you said and struggle with the Jedi and the Dark Side, because of her love for him since she wants to find him. Maybe she could be on the council, but have some sort of disobedience to the order by going and looking for him with you, if you choose.
 The Doctor
10-21-2005, 4:50 PM
Maybe Bao-Dur can die. Kreia did say she could not see his future. May the Force guide you!
YES! HE SHOULD DIE A PAINFUL DEATH!

Anyway, I think you should be sent on a mission by the Jedi council to find Revan, but when you do he's dead.
 Achilles
10-21-2005, 7:22 PM
*rolls eyes* Of course Revan will be dead. Otherwise the devs would have to put in gender and alignment checks again, plus they would have to figure out what "the real" Revan looks like. I figured that would have been painfully obvious to everyone.

As for Bastila, it would be cool to see another cameo, but as I stated earlier, it will be a holovid just like TSL.

Edited for gramatical errors.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-21-2005, 8:09 PM
Of course Revan will be dead.
WHAT?!?!?! That's going to happen!?

[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/Darth Vader]
 RobQel-Droma
10-21-2005, 9:23 PM
Sorry, Achilles, but I don't agree with that. The guy I played back in K1 is dead? I think that you should have a reunion, with everybody there. Not to say that someone shouldn't die, I think it would be a nice addition if Carth died fighting, or somebody else, to finish the series off. Of course, Revan could die at the end, too, but I want to meet him, not just find him like Vash.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-21-2005, 9:37 PM
Sorry, Achilles, but I don't agree with that. The guy I played back in K1 is dead? I think that you should have a reunion, with everybody there. Not to say that someone shouldn't die, I think it would be a nice addition if Carth died fighting, or somebody else, to finish the series off. Of course, Revan could die at the end, too, but I want to meet him, not just find him like Vash.
Thank you for sharing my opinion. :D (at least the half of it)
 MrVorlon
10-21-2005, 9:45 PM
Maybe the Exile can die? The search for Revan was too treacherous for even the Jedi God. The new PC has to be careful about where he goes because his chances for survival just sank to 0.0000102% after finding the Jedi God's remains. How can a mere Padawan succeed where the Exile failed?

I guess not though.
 Kain
10-22-2005, 1:28 AM
The Exile sucks. I hope he's deader than a doornail.
 Darth SINner
10-22-2005, 2:13 AM
I think the exile should be on the jedi council and send the new NPC (who is the padawan to him/her) to look for Revan.
 Achilles
10-22-2005, 2:21 AM
Sorry, Achilles, but I don't agree with that. The guy I played back in K1 is dead? I think that you should have a reunion, with everybody there. Not to say that someone shouldn't die, I think it would be a nice addition if Carth died fighting, or somebody else, to finish the series off. Of course, Revan could die at the end, too, but I want to meet him, not just find him like Vash.Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I cannot fathom how the devs would be able to efficiently resolve a living Revan 2 games after his/her appearance.

You implied that your Revan was male. Just because your Revan was a guy, doesn't mean that everyone else's was. Should the devs just assume that Revan was male? Even if the answer is yes (and they piss off all their female players), how do you anticipate they will gracefully allow you to set a global for his appearance? If Revan was caucasian, how do you think the people that played as Asian characters will feel? If Revan had long hair, how do you think the people that played with a short haired PC will react?

If you're comfortable with permutations, then you could probably calculate how many possible "Revans" there are considering that you have 2 genders, 2 alignments, and approximately 2 dozen appearances to choose from. I imagine that you'll quickly find that there are hundreds if not thousands of possible Revans based off of your available choices in K1.

The devs have to stick to the storyline. You can't create an immersive game if the player has to fill out a 20 page questionnare just to set a global for Revan's appearance. And they aren't going to risk ejecting you from the game by forcing a Revan that you didn't pick down your throat. Similarly they aren't going to waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to let you tell the game what Revan was like. Their "easy out" is a masked, genderless Revan that died in the Outer Rim.

I think the exile should be on the jedi council and send the new NPC (who is the padawan to him/her) to look for Revan.For the same reason's listed above, I don't think we'll see the Exile on the counsel. Since there was a DS ending that involved the Exile taking over Trayus Academy, it's pretty far fetched to assume that we'll see him/her calling the shots for the Jedi. Now that isn't to say that a former companion of the Exile's might not be on the Counsel, but I highly doubt we'll see the Exile again.
 chaleur
10-22-2005, 2:36 AM
Otherwise the devs would have to put in gender and alignment checks again, plus they would have to figure out what "the real" Revan looks like.Are you sure about that? I'd been hoping that Lucas Licensing made Revan male in canon(1) because there's to be a new Dark Horse comic that will refer to her in passing, and needed a pronoun. But what if the reason they did it is because they are planning to fix Revan as male LS (or whatever) in KotOR 3? That would be tragic, IMHO, but it is possible, and even understandable from the developers POV.

(1) http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=420#11839253)
 Achilles
10-22-2005, 2:58 AM
Am I sure? No, I can't possibly be sure, but canon for a comic is one thing and a loyal fanbase for a game franchise is another. I think if their motivation was video games, then we would have seen a LS Male Revan in TSL. Instead we got a dialog with Atton that allowed us to chose those things for continuity (the key issue, IMO). I suspect that the true reason behind the decision was canon for canon's sake.

If the devs say to hell with continuity, then it's entirely possible we'll see Revan in K3. Just be ready to see a LS Male that may or may not look like the male PC that you may or may not have selected when you played K1. That sounds like a lot of fun, right? :p
 fresnosmokey02
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I like the idea of unlocking the astrogation computer. But I was under the impression that finding the "true sith" and/or finding Revan was a little more urgent than waiting 10-15 years for it to occur. Although I could be wrong about that, it was just an impression after all. And about Bastila dying if you are a LS female, I was able to turn her back to the LS on occaision, although not every time. So they needn't worry about any repercussions about bringing Bastila back, because it's possible that she's alive no matter what your gender or alignment in K1.
 Achilles
10-22-2005, 2:17 PM
It's possible (heck, probable) that the timeline might pick up sooner. Taking a look at the status of the Jedi order and the number of confirmed Jedi that are available to take up the cause, I don't think it will pick up right where TSL left off. 10-15 years might seem a bit long, but if they happen to "find" another group of Jedi after they were almost completely wiped out in TSL, I'm going to be very disappointed.

As for Bastila, if even one of the possible scenarios resulted in her being dead, then they can't pursue a storyline where she's alive. They will absolutely have to worry about repercussions of bringing her back. TSL had a very clever method of eliminating any story conflicts, but if I'm still being quizzed about KotOR in K3, I'm going to be a bit disappointed. I hope the devs realize that we need to move on.
 Aleggy
10-22-2005, 5:58 PM
ok i think the problem with creating a sequal to the kotor games is that theres more than 1 ending in both there are possible deaths of certain npc and in tsl there different possabilities as to who was in your party

soooooo you'll be some new guy/gal with a new party selection saome 'subtle' questioningg at the beginning to find out how you finished 'both' games.

the big problem is how are they going to come up with a new way to get you the ebon hawk and the droids without repeating the beginning of tsl

now imho the droids hk and t3 have to be in kotor3 as they are the 3po and r2 of kotor but i dont know about you guys but i dont mind a new ship a new padawan and a new games engine so long as the feel of the game is still kotorish

as to the actual plot big bad sith at large and i get to slash em with my trusty lightsaber and on the way i learn a bit of what happened to the exile and revan

that'll do me just my 2 cents
 RobQel-Droma
10-22-2005, 10:36 PM
You probably could find the Ebon Hawk, I don't think that we will be getting it right away, perhaps in the later part of the game when you go into the Unknown Regions (assuming you go there eventually). HK and T3 have to be back, even if you don't want to have them as party members, they still need to be there as possible party members.

Why not have Bastila, Carth, and others back? I guess it is just that I don't really care whether you have to answer questions - I hope they make it subtle, or perhaps hard to even notice you are choosing something, but still something that determines whether you see them or not. They could have been in TSL, so it is possible that they are in KotOR III. And I just like them anyways, I think it would be good that you see some of the main characters show up. For me it makes the story tie together even more.

One of the reasons that KotOR is so good is that there are all the different choices you can make: LS Male, DS Male, LS Female, DS Female. Someone did point out that in KotOR III there would be 64 different paths you could take, 4 for Revan, 4 for the Exile, and 4 for you. But it would give the game almost unending replayability, and wouldn't be set on one path.

If we have someone coming back, I don't want them to make long reappearences (I know I am spelling that wrong, I can't remember how to spell it :) ). Just a short one would be fine with me, even though I would like a maybe Bastila as your master if you say that Revan didn't kill her. In fact, there is only 2 out of 6 choices that she was dead. If Revan was DS, then she's alive. If Revan was LS/DS, then you can say that she was redeemed by Revan, by something subtle in the dialogue.

Same thing goes for the other characters, which are a lot more simple. I seriously doubt that we will be seeing Juhani, there are two choices that you killed her, once on Dantooine, once on the Temple on Rakatan/Unknown World. The first time isn't dependant on anything, so it would be another whole question set. I don't want to have the first half of the game telling people what happened in the earlier games :xp:.

As for Mission and Zaalbar, again very simple, Revan dark, they're dead, Revan light, they're alive. You may say that even if you are dark you can have Zaalbar kill Mission by Force Dominating him, but even so, he could attack you on the Star Forge, and if you didn't kill him there, then in all probability he would have attacked you later.

Carth, again, very simple. If Revan was Dark and Female, then he is dead. Nothing else will work. That could be solved by just setting Revan's alignment and gender.

And, the list goes on. I would like to see Jolee as a grouchy old force ghost, that would be good, maybe Brianna or Mical as head of a Jedi Academy, and others. Maybe Suvam Tan as a multi-millionare merchant, Yuthura Bann and Dustil Onasi as a Jedi Master and Jedi Knight (providing they aren't dead, it might cross the line of too much questioning), and whoever else.

I don't really want them to change the whole game engine and the way the game works, it just wouldn't feel right. If they have to, thats ok, but I would rather not. It might still feel KotOR-ish, but it wouldn't play that way. And I really want more items. Perhaps the return of HotG and MotF, Revan could have left them somewhere in the UR. Maybe some cool stuff that is made in the UR, and so is unlike most of the other technology. There is only one thing that I am going to be really mad at if they don't do it: MAKE KOTOR III! :D.
 Achilles
10-23-2005, 1:12 AM
Alright you're obviously hellbent on seeing K1 and TSL characters return for the third game. Tell you what, how about you take some time to sit down and write a "subtle" way to work all these folks in. If you give up because it's too hard, then maybe you should consider lowering your expecations for the devs. If you actually come up with something good, then send it to LA. Don't forget that you need one set of questions that sets gender and alignment for Revan and a separate set that does the same for the Exile.

And if you want to get a jump start on the dialog for K4, I'm sure they would appreciate it. Heaven forbid we actually try to move on from the K1 story.

*starts to seriously hate Revan*
 Darth333
10-23-2005, 1:27 AM
I'm with Achilles on this one. If they try to bring everyone back, the story will look all patched together piece of crap. And it's obvious they won't start setting conditions for all the npcs: making a game costs $$$ and they want to make a profit on it. They can't write five or six different stories.

Me too :p
 RedHawke
10-23-2005, 1:50 AM
I personally think the 4 Revan/Exile gender and alignment questions will be more than enough, being OE set the question precident in TSL. ;) Any more questions and I will demand a grade for my quiz! :p

Like was stated by Achilles and Darth333, bringing in all the other NPC's from KOTOR and TSL would be a patchwork nightmare, and would be sheer window dressing at the most, a pure waste of valuable development time at the least... sorry, I just don't see it either. :)

Noooooooooo! :vadar:
 SITHSLAYER133
10-23-2005, 3:21 AM
revan cant
exile maybe

i want the bastila back dont care how but she must be a party member !
 Achilles
10-23-2005, 3:38 AM
Maybe they'll call it Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - The Third Time :rolleyes:

Since Bastila could have died in K1, they will not bring her back as a party member. Even if they could resolve her being possibly being dead and all, I think figuring out how to explain why she starts out as a low-level NPC will be more than they can pull off. And PLEASE do not start offering explanations for how she can start out at level 20.
 fresnosmokey02
10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Sorry for the aside here, but everyone keeps talking about Bastila being alive or dead, so...Bastila is alive people. In K2 if Revan was DS you saw her in T3's hologram as well as the hologram in the sith academy. If you said Revan was LS then you saw her with Carth after you destroyed the Ravager. So as far as the K2 devs were concerned Bastila is alive no matter Revans alignment.
 Achilles
10-23-2005, 1:41 PM
LSM Revan: Everyone lives
LSF Revan: Most everyone lives. Bastila can die.
DSM Revan: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, and the droids live. Everyone else can die.
DSF Revan: Bastila, Canderous, and the droids live. Everyone else can die (including Carth).

In TSL, the holovids with Bastila only appear if Revan was DS or LS male. LSF Revan holovid shows Carth instead of Bastila. The aforementioned post-Ravager cutscene only plays if Revan was LS. Bastila only appears afterwords if Revan was male.

The argument that Bastila is alive (no matter what) is factually incorrect.
 YertyL
10-23-2005, 4:07 PM
In TSL, the holovids with Bastila only appear if Revan was DS or LS male.
Actually, if my memory serves me correctly the Korriban hologram of Bastila is also there for DSF Revan.
And anyways, LSM is canon so Bastila lives :) :p
 The Doctor
10-23-2005, 4:30 PM
Achilles is right. It's pointles to argue over whether Bastila lived or not, even if she does with an LSM.
 RobQel-Droma
10-23-2005, 6:54 PM
I am not hellbent on seeing everybody from the previous games return, I just like Bastila and Carth, and I think that it would be nice if they were in there. If they were in TSL, and you had no problem with that, then what is the problem with them being in K3? I don't want to see everybody, I was just giving possiblitys on people to see. A lot of NPCs from the earlier games were good and couldn't be killed, so why not have them return? I don't want everybody, just a few people would be a nice addition. And what is so hard about the questioning being subtle?

And what is the comment about explaining how they will be low-level, I never even said they will be party members, I am talking about them showing up again. Maybe Bastila as your master, but that doesn't have to be; She might just be another NPC (if she is in there). I didn't want the party members from K1 and K2 back as party members again, the only ones I would want are Canderous/Mandalore and HK and T3, if that is what you were thinking I meant.
 Achilles
10-23-2005, 7:24 PM
Actually, if my memory serves me correctly the Korriban hologram of Bastila is also there for DSF Revan.
And anyways, LSM is canon so Bastila lives :) :pRight. Dark Side female is still Dark Side. Not sure what your point is.

If the devs were worried about cannon, they wouldn't have bothered to give you a choice in TSL.

I am not hellbent on seeing everybody from the previous games return, I just like Bastila and Carth, and I think that it would be nice if they were in there.Fine. I for one, feel that Bastila and Carth played their part in TSL and now it's over. Bring them back again doesn't serve the story in any way other than to say "look, here's Bastila and Carth again". Keep in mind this is after you go through another dialog where you set Revan's gender and alignment from KotOR. It was necessary for TSL, but certainly isn't for K3.

If they were in TSL, and you had no problem with that, then what is the problem with them being in K3? Again, they're played out. They were back in extremely limited roles and they were able to contribute to the setup for the next game. I don't want to be 5 or 6 games into the series, answering questions about Revan so that I can see Bastila and Carth again.

I don't want to see everybody, I was just giving possiblitys on people to see. A lot of NPCs from the earlier games were good and couldn't be killed, so why not have them return? I don't want everybody, just a few people would be a nice addition. And what is so hard about the questioning being subtle? The NPCs that are possible to see depend on Revan's gender and alignment. DS Female Revan most likely equates to Bastila, Canderous, and the droids. I have no doubt that we'll see the droids again due to the fact that there were two droids that tied all the SW movies together. There's a precedent.

As I stated earlier, feel free to provide some subtle dialog. I think you'll find that it's not as easy as you seem to think it is. The devs would be better served spending their time trying to figure out how to take the story forward rather than figure out ways to bring back tired NPCs from (what will be) two games ago.

And what is the comment about explaining how they will be low-level, I never even said they will be party members, I am talking about them showing up again.That was in response to SITHSLAYER133's post. He's taking the insanity one step further, asking for Bastila to be a party member.

Maybe Bastila as your master, but that doesn't have to be Good, cuz she could have died in K1. Imagine how the devs are going to explain how a dead NPC from the first game is your Master in the third. Or they could just worry about writing a good story with new characters and save themselves the mental gymnastics.

I didn't want the party members from K1 and K2 back as party members again, the only ones I would want are Canderous/Mandalore and HK and T3, if that is what you were thinking I meant.Why not? No one except Mira and Hanharr died in TSL. I think that if we bring back Carth and Bastila we should definitely bring back Atton and Handmaiden.

Maybe we could have a party comprised completely of NPCs from the first two games. I'm thinking Visas, Bao-Dur, T3, HK, Mandalore and maybe one or two new characters (if that's ok). We'll go to the same planets and do the same quests. At the end, we'll find out that Malak didn't really die and that the Rakata built two Star Forges. The second one is kickin' it in orbit around Malachor V and we have to fight Malak and Traya before they can take over the galaxy. Sounds like fun.
 Clone L68362
10-23-2005, 8:48 PM
We can always play as Revan again....no one seems to think that but me. And if any old party members are gonna make an appearance/be a party member, they need to be either Carth (only if you play as Revan) HK-47 (he's kind of become a staple now huh) T3 (T3 kicks ass and everyone knows it) and Mission (ehhh what the heck?)
 Achilles
10-23-2005, 9:28 PM
Does that mean you're also from the "You start the game at level 20" camp? If not, then how do you explain a Level 1 Revan? Based off of what we learned from TSL, what would Revan do in K3?
 Prime
10-24-2005, 8:53 AM
There is no way you will play as Revan, mostly because of what Achilles has stated.
 RobQel-Droma
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Maybe we could have a party comprised completely of NPCs from the first two games. I'm thinking Visas, Bao-Dur, T3, HK, Mandalore and maybe one or two new characters (if that's ok). We'll go to the same planets and do the same quests. At the end, we'll find out that Malak didn't really die and that the Rakata built two Star Forges. The second one is kickin' it in orbit around Malachor V and we have to fight Malak and Traya before they can take over the galaxy. Sounds like fun.

Achilles, man, I NEVER ever said that I want any of them to be party members. I hope that the only ones returning are HK, T3, and Canderous. I do not want a party entirely with party members from the earlier games. If Bastila is in the game, I don't really care if she is a party member or not. Please, reread my posts before you start sarcastically making assumptions, I never said anything about that.

If you ask me, you are taking it way farther than I meant. Just because you don't like the idea of Bastila returning, that doesn't mean you need to make some sarcastic explanation of the game in what it will be, based upon something I never said, or hinted, to show people what it would "supposedly" be if it was like that. That was really exaggerating. If I want Bastila back for K3, that doesn't mean I want everything from K1 in K3; That is a huge jump, my friend.

If they don't put Bastila in, I will send the devs hate mail all the time, and... Just kidding, I don't care if they don't put her in, I won't cry about it. It isn't that vital to the story, just a little something that might make for an interesting storyline. But, I do agree, they need to spend more time on other stuff that working out dialogue and stuff.
 Achilles
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Rather selective with your response...

No matter. I think the rest of my post argues at least a few points for why it (yet another appearance by K1 characters) won't happen. Until the game is actually released, or until we hear from the devs, it's anyone's ball game.
 Clone L68362
10-24-2005, 8:37 PM
Course you can play as Revan. For what happens, we already know, he went off into the Unknown Regions to look for the real Sith empire. At the beginning, he's exploring a planet, when he's attacked by Sith dudes, and being that they're the real Sith, they kick Revan's ass and throw him in jail. While your there, they drain you of all your power, and you have to get your strength back throughout the game. Maybe you escape from jail and decide to return to Republic space to get help. Naturally the Sith don't want that so they send guys after you. While you search for people to fight with you, you're constantly attacked by Sith and bounty hunters and stuff. I dunno. But I do know it can be done.
 RobQel-Droma
10-24-2005, 8:57 PM
^^^^
How? What about alignment Clone L68362? Ok, he is LS Jedi, then he is DS Dark Lord, then he is captured and Neutral, then he is whatever in K1, then he is all of a sudden Neutral again? Or should we just take the aligment part out of the game? And how are you going to make him light or dark from K1?

And what about items, does he just lose those? You are going to be a character that has already been customized and played as. You are already going to know who he is. You are going to have a huge gap from the end of K1 that would have to be filled. How are they going to work in a good storyline? I seriously doubt that "Course you can play as Revan" and "But I do know that it can be done."
 Shem
10-25-2005, 4:01 AM
You implied that your Revan was male. Just because your Revan was a guy, doesn't mean that everyone else's was. Should the devs just assume that Revan was male? Even if the answer is yes (and they piss off all their female players), how do you anticipate they will gracefully allow you to set a global for his appearance? If Revan was caucasian, how do you think the people that played as Asian characters will feel? If Revan had long hair, how do you think the people that played with a short haired PC will react?

In light of what RobQel-Droma said. I think that the PC Head choices that were availible in KotOR I should be used to pick out what you want Revan to look like. And of course make choices to determine if Revan went light or dark. To make it easier again, you can have Revan wear a mask again.

Just remember we were able to make choices in our dialogue in TSL if Revan was male or female, dark or light. If can be done again, and put Revan in a mask if needed to, or go another step and choose Revan's appearance based on the original game.

EDITED FOR SPELLING ERRORS
 Achilles
10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
^^^^
Sure. And I'm positive that all of that will lots of fun and not even a little obnoxious for the player. :eyeraise:

You are on to something with the mask (they did it in TSL), but it won't matter b/c Revan will be dead...
 RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
^^^^
Not necessarily. We really don't know anything about as of now, so really it is not like anyone knows what is going to happen to him. And besides, we are just saying what we would like, regardless of what your personal opinion on what a stupid game it would be, Achilles. I am just guessing.
 Achilles
10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I think there was quite a bit of foreshadowing in TSL...enough that you can get a good feel for the tone of K3 (and it won't include a living Revan). Let's put the arguement to rest with a wager. State your terms.
 RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 1:22 PM
I will wager the cookie I won in the "Do you ever dream about KotOR" thread.

Seriously though, I would prefer that I would be able to meet the person I played in K1 before he dies. In fact, I would rather not have him die, and have him and the Exile at the end. Same for a lot of the other characters. But if the game by itself is good, I don't really care.
 spinkle
10-25-2005, 1:35 PM
I will wager the cookie I won in the "Do you ever dream about KotOR" thread.

ha! i'll even lend you another cookie so you can wager two!

Seriously though, I would prefer that I would be able to meet the person I played in K1 before he dies. In fact, I would rather not have him die, and have him and the Exile at the end. Same for a lot of the other characters. But if the game by itself is good, I don't really care.

sorry, rob, i have to agree with achilles here. i don't think revan is going to survive into k3. it makes more sense for the story for him/her not to, especially given the foreshadowing in k2 (as achilles mentioned). even just his/her appearance in ludo kressh's tomb is a pretty good intimation of revan's fate, imo.

so it looks like you may be losing those cookies after all anyway =\
 RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 2:01 PM
sorry, rob, i have to agree with achilles here. i don't think revan is going to survive into k3. it makes more sense for the story for him/her not to, especially given the foreshadowing in k2 (as achilles mentioned). even just his/her appearance in ludo kressh's tomb is a pretty good intimation of revan's fate, imo.

Its a lost cause....

Then again, was it ever a cause?

I still would like to see him; that was what I originally had planned in my story idea, so that is why I want him. I think I am becoming more doubtful of him being alive, now of all the things you have said.

Still would like him, Exile, Mission, Brianna, Jolee, Carth, Bastila, Canderous, and others to make appearances in some fashion or other, though... :giggle1: :giggle1:
Page: 1 of 3