Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

landing parties

Page: 1 of 1
 vader815
10-20-2005, 6:51 PM
im confused about how troops are landed onto planets at first i thought you could land anywhere you had troops then i see this movie where it looks like you can only land in a certain spot, where can we land, how can we land, and how do rebels land
 GhOsT-Jedi
10-20-2005, 11:44 PM
My guess is you can choice between certain *Landing Zones* they are open space that would be perfect for landing ships, I'm also guessing that the rebels land the same as the imperials.
 Jan Gaarni
10-21-2005, 2:06 AM
Remember, you won't have to manually (as in be in the battle map) land your troops if there are no (let's say you are imperial) rebel troops there. If there are any enemy troops there, then they would already be on the ground, and hopefully (for them) they have had time to set up the base and base defences and dug in already.
 swphreak
10-21-2005, 11:17 AM
From what I saw in a video, you can call down troops a la Force Commander. The guy picked an icon, placed a landing zone, and the shuttle came down.
 popcorn2008
10-21-2005, 3:00 PM
You may also notice that you can only land troops near certain waypoints, with a holographic insignia of your team. Sorta like Battlefront Spawn points.
 lukeiamyourdad
10-24-2005, 12:16 AM
^^^^

Which is usually for the better, though I'd love to see some Rebel Commando troopers be able to land wherever they want.
Page: 1 of 1