Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Size of battles

Page: 1 of 1
 GhOsT-Jedi
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I was wondering, are they going to make it where even the complete newbs to RTS can come in and just start winning, or can we make it where we can control everything? I personaly would love to control huge battles get them set up then go into my cina cam and watch it like a movie. Any comments?
 Juggernaut1985
10-20-2005, 2:00 PM
I'd imagine that against a skilled player or even a casual player, a newb would not be able to come in and just win. Petro knows what they are doing.
 DarthMaulUK
10-20-2005, 2:21 PM
The key to attacting more players - especially online, is to prevent the ability to rush and kill someone inside 10 seconds! Like ALL Age Of Empire games, this has ruled the roost and despite the new name, AoE3 has just the same tactic.

Dawn Of War handles small scale battles well (limited to 40 units, including 20 vehicles) as the key to this and especially Empire At War, is NOT to create huge armies and have one major end battle. But, why not ask them on Oct 28th ;)

DMUK
 popcorn2008
10-20-2005, 3:14 PM
If a complete newb could just come in and win, this wouldnt be a real time *emphasis* strategy *end-emphasis* game.
 GhOsT-Jedi
10-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Do you know how many ships/units that can be on screen without affectin the FPS?
 lukeiamyourdad
10-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Impossible to know until we get more information about the system specs.
 Sithxace
10-21-2005, 1:21 PM
a dude who works at gamespot told me he watched a private handson for the game, he said theres prettyt much no limit to how many ships etc.
Page: 1 of 1