Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Joystick Calibration

Page: 1 of 1
 OtanaMan
05-18-2000, 3:16 AM
Just curious...does your joystick loose it's calibration while playing XWA? Mine does all the time. I don't know whether I have a crappy stick or if this is normal.

Also, for those with digital joysticks, does your stick loose it's calibration?
 Fondas
05-18-2000, 5:32 AM
What joystic do you have OtanaMan ? Is it connected to you soundcard's gameport and what soundcard do you have ?

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 K_Kinnison
05-18-2000, 2:22 PM
A digital Joystick will lose it's calibration if you are using a game port, and un-plug it. But if you use a USB port, you do not have that problem.

Just because it is digital, does not mean it never needs calibration, the joystick doesn't need it, but the stupid computer dont know that all the time.

Now, if you have a Normal-non-digital joystick, yes, it can lose it's calibration. So everytime you start a game, or re-start you comp, it is a good idea to Re-cal the joystick, just to be ion the safe side

------------------
He's a sun god, he's a fun god
RA! RA! RA!
BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
 Kokeeno IOS
05-18-2000, 7:55 PM
I use analog joy, so when I've got constant problems with calibration I buy new one. (I had to use calibration about 3 month ago http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 OtanaMan
05-18-2000, 11:57 PM
I have an Interact Magnum 6. I've plugged it into the gameport. Now, I know that it's normal. It's just that everytime I'm flying and the stick starts to loose it's calibration, I have to adjust the X,Y axis (which I am getting sick of). I'm sure everyone here has to do that.

For those of you with a digital AND you've used analog before, tell me: Is there any difference between the digitals and analogs? Cause if the digital is better, I'm getting it.
 K_Kinnison
05-19-2000, 2:09 PM
digital is WAAAAAAAAAAY better. And its a lot more sensitive, which is hard to get used to, but it extends your joystick life INCREDIBLY! (no springs, or parts to wear out)
 Fondas
05-21-2000, 7:30 AM
OtanaMan, the reason I asked those questions were because I had a similar problem.
I own an analog X36 HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick)which was loosing calibration frequently. It was connected to my SB 16 midi/gameport and that was the problem.
When I sent the X36 to Saitek's tech center, they checked it and couldn't find what was wrong.
Eventually the problem was SB's 16 control chip wich was getting overheated and caused the problem.

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 Pac-Man
06-10-2000, 8:32 AM
I don't know much about the cause of the problem but i'm getting it too. I tried a new pad and it just will not calibrate at all. Even though it says its working fine in windows, you get to the game and it just sways to one side. I'm not using a USB port and I've just got a sb16 card. It hasn't happened with anyother game though?
Page: 1 of 1