Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My idea for KOTOR3

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Terros
10-18-2005, 5:54 PM
Ok i know theres already threads for this but most are long and im just being lazy so anyway

I believe that at the end of Kotor2 the exile goes back to dantooine and starts re-establishes the jedi council and starts training more students up

So anyway as a padawan the new council has made it your mission to venture out with your master into the unknown regions to search for the lost jedi master revan as part of your jedi trials

So anyway inevitably you find Revan corpse and find out from his holocron he's found the remains of the original true sith empire who escaped the destruction of their race by the republic during the great hyperspace war

Anway you battle them and lets say your big choice is do you finish your quest and finish your jedi training and become one of the greatest jedi and destroy the original sith once and for all or do you join the sith and help them regain control again of the galaxy

Fom everything we've seen/heard from the last two games this seems like the most logical direction they'll go
 90SK
10-18-2005, 7:34 PM
Eh, I don't think that the jedi council would send a padawan on a mission to discover the fate of Lord Revan as part of his/her jedi training. Just my opinion, though. Other than that, you've got a pretty good theory there.
 RobQel-Droma
10-18-2005, 7:36 PM
I am not sure what you mean by the most logical. Exile goes back to Dantooine? At the end of K2 he heads off to look for Revan, right? And why would Revan be dead, I doubt anyone could kill him.

Man, it seems like every new idea has its own thread now, maybe I should start my own thread.
 MrVorlon
10-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Eh, I don't think that the jedi council would send a padawan on a mission to discover the fate of Lord Revan as part of his/her jedi training. Just my opinion, though. Other than that, you've got a pretty good theory there.
I don't know. They did send padawan Bastila to capture Revan. :xp:
 90SK
10-18-2005, 10:51 PM
True, but she had battle meditation and a host of jedi at her command. ;) And then there was the whole force bond thing afterwards...it was a big mess. Something like that would hardly be plausible in K3.
 Darth_Terros
10-19-2005, 2:13 AM
Who knows if revan is alive or not? we dont know the power of the true sith

Revan isnt a god just another jedi who fell to the darkside he is mortal

Ok maybe we do find revan alive but it turns out he now has fallen back to his sith teachings and is in control of the sith?

And with the sending a padawan out to find revan i did also say he'd have his master with him too so they probably will be sending the master but the main story focus will be on the padawan going with him

Im not sure about the exile it be stupid of him to go straight away to find revan surely he'd need to take time to prepare

Anyway i really cant see the story going in any other direction from what we've seen so far what i've proposed seems to be the only way for them to add new characters *i doubt we'll be playing revan/the exile as both are powerful and it'd make balancing the game a nightmare* as well as answering the question of wheres revan and who are the true sith?
 Prime
10-19-2005, 9:14 AM
I'd that not have to play a game in the Unknown Regions. I'd much rather visit planets that have some history in the Star Wars lore...
 RobQel-Droma
10-19-2005, 10:16 AM
i really can't see the story going in any other direction from what we've seen so far what i've proposed seems to be the only way...

You keep saying that, that your idea is the most logical, but I don't really see anything that is like that. First of all I don't really know what you are saying is the "only" way. So far, all I have seen that is likely is that you go into the UR to find Revan, I don't really understand how it is the "only way it will work." There are lots of ideas out there, go check them out. And from what I recall, Exile didn't prepare, on LS Exile he leaves Malachor leaving his party behind and heads straight off into the UR.
 Darth_Terros
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
I've looked at other peoples ideas and non of them i've felt are too great *most seem to revolve around playing as revan/exile*

ok maybe the exile didnt start a new academy for the jedi maybe it one of the other jedi he trained and left on malachor maybe they send your PC to go find the exile and revan?

Anyway what i really should've said is it seems the most logical route to go in my mind and would make the most sense from a storytelling point of veiw
 RobQel-Droma
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
^^^^
Actually most of the ideas I have seen are new PC ideas, there are only a couple with playing as Revan/Exile. Maybe you should look harder. In fact, this isn't really a new idea, about three/fourths of the ideas out there have pretty much the same thing.

I am not saying your idea is stupid, so don't misunderstand me, but some of the ideas you have aren't so great to me, it depends on how you think. As you said, it is maybe "the most logical route to go in YOUR mind", but that doesn't mean that your idea would make the most sense or be the best story to some people (I am talking about the Revan dying, Exile makes new academy ideas). But anyways, off of that.

I do agree that I think that we will be going into the Unknown Regions (eventually) to search for Revan, but doubt that he will be dead, or the Exile for that matter. They are too powerful and it just doesn't seem right to me that the people you played as should just die in the third one, without you even meeting them.

And actually, I don't really care for fighting the "true sith" (talking about the species-at least that is what I though you were talking about when you said original sith). I would rather not have to fight some super-enemy that is the "real threat" and views Sith and Jedi as enemys- that would be on the grey side of the force. Thats just my thoughts. (I think I am going to start another "my KotOR idea thread and just put my ideas there...).
 The_Maker
10-19-2005, 1:30 PM
So anyway inevitably you find Revan corpse...
What?!

Tell me something, WHY would I want to play K1 then if I knew my character was just going to die in K3? :(

And what is it with everyone and I mean everyone and these cheesy "0Mg t3H R4aL S1th!1!!!1!!! ideas? :rolleyes:
 Darth_Terros
10-19-2005, 2:36 PM
What?!

Tell me something, WHY would I want to play K1 then if I knew my character was just going to die in K3? :(

Because its advances the story ? and Kotor 1 was a good game to play? it would come as a suprise to see someone so powerful like revan defeated it would mean your new PC is gonna come up agaisnt something more powerful and scary

And what is it with everyone and I mean everyone and these cheesy "0Mg t3H R4aL S1th!1!!!1!!! ideas? :rolleyes:

And this is because kreia said revan went in search of the True Sith and seeing as no doubt they'll wanna tie the Kotor trilogy *im sure its been said that it will be a trilogy* together it just seems like the thing they'll do

unless you have any other idea what you think the true sith will be?
 Darth Covetous
10-19-2005, 4:03 PM
^ Maybe Revan could have gone in search of the true Sith but not found them. I've always thought it would be kind of cool if he went to find them but never could and it drove him mad or something, now he's some crazy madman dark jedi type individual.

I don't think its plausible at all for Exile to start a new academy and send a padawan to find Revan. Exile went in search of Revan, which leads me to believe IF he is back on Dantooine starting a jedi academy (which is possible i guess) he has already found Revan, and wouldn't need to send anyone looking, padawan or not.
 90SK
10-19-2005, 5:51 PM

Well, the concept was introduced in K2, and it’s the most probable thing to be in K3 out of all the theories discussed due to that.
Page: 1 of 1