Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Software that slows computer down

Page: 1 of 1
 NewLime
05-17-2000, 1:45 AM
Do you guys know a software that slows down your computer? I need something like it to play some of my old games, such as Wing Commander. It doesn'twork in a Pentium, 'cause it's too fast!!!
 Gold leader
05-17-2000, 5:31 AM
You can try to run SETI@home in the background. It's useful too.
 Vark111
05-17-2000, 3:00 PM
Dang, I used to know this program called...dang! I can't remember. I used to have a copy of it though, I'll look through my stuff, and see if I still have it. It was a dos-mode program that let you set a percentage. i.e. you could set it at 50% and your computer would run exactly half of its rated clock speed. Was usefull when I wanted to play some old DOS games on my PII.

<font size=12>MOSLO</font>
That was it! Moslo (that meaning Mo' - Slo' in case you're wondering). I took the liberty of doing a web search and came across a download page: http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/)

They've got deluxe versions for sale, but the 'demo' version isn't time limited or anything, it's just not as user friendly.

------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world:
1 - "The glass is half full"
2 - "The glass is half empty"
3 - "Hey! I ordered a Cheesburger!"
Which are you?

[This message has been edited by Vark111 (edited May 17, 2000).]
 NewLime
05-19-2000, 11:15 AM
hey guys,
thank you very much. now i can play those games.
c ya...
Page: 1 of 1