Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official Fanfiction Thread

Page: 5 of 28
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 2:14 AM
It does sound cool. And what do you think of that little snipet from my roleplay?

VERY cool. Very well-written. Sarah is an interesting character, I think. The only thing I say is to try to keep the Psychonauts spirit--which is very, very hard.
 Agent-Sarah
10-23-2005, 2:21 AM
VERY cool. Very well-written. Sarah is an interesting character, I think. The only thing I say is to try to keep the Psychonauts spirit--which is very, very hard.
It is.

Sarah is one of my first creations and my alter ego.
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 2:22 AM
It is.

Sarah is one of my first creations and my alter ego.

Yeah? She's well written, so you get points for being skilled.
 Agent-Sarah
10-23-2005, 2:26 AM
She's a winner and a hell of a character.

And the roleplay me and Zer0 are doing is a little...bizarre. Most of my drawings, storys, and RPGs are mostly action/adventure, supernatural, paranormal, horror, sci-fi, and comedy.
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 2:28 AM
She's a winner and a hell of a character.

And the roleplay me and Zer0 are doing is a little...bizarre. Most of my drawings, storys, and RPGs are mostly action/adventure, supernatural, paranormal, horror, sci-fi, and comedy.

I'm all about bizarre coolality. That sounds like on helluva RPG.
 Agent-Sarah
10-23-2005, 2:39 AM
It's got the kids, the agents, Raz, my three characters, Zer0's character, and demons.

Like I said, it's a weird but fun roleplay I made.
 Klia
10-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Holy crap. I've written maybe half a page and it's taken me a few days. It could be worse. My friend wrote one whole sentence and it took her a month.

The Outlaw is a good name, plain and simple. Also Outlaw is a freakin awesome name to begin with.
 Agent-Sarah
10-23-2005, 8:21 PM
The roleplay we're doing right now is on hold for two reasons...

1. My friend has the case of writer's block
2. She's going on a trip and seeing her grandparents for two weeks on next month (they got a computer over at their so we be in touch).

I save the roleplay on disk (because the last time we did a RPG, some hacker destoryed the message board me and Zer0 hang out). It's 41 pages of it! The last one was at least 58!

And yeah, Outlaw is a awesome name to begin with.
 Agent-Sarah
10-24-2005, 11:43 PM
The only problem I have with my stories and roleplays is coming up with the beginning. And I suck so hard on that so bad...
 Purple Squid
10-24-2005, 11:45 PM
The only problem I have with my stories and roleplays is coming up with the beginning. And I suck so hard on that so bad...

Need help? I'm always here. :~
 Agent-Sarah
10-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Need help? I'm always here. :~
Yes, please.
 Purple Squid
10-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, please.

Awesome. So, do you need help with an opening sentence or an opening act?
 Agent-Sarah
10-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Both.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Both.

Well, crap. So... what do you have so far?
 Agent-Sarah
10-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Sadly, none. I'm too busy working on my drawings. But I do have some scenes I already came up.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Sadly, none. I'm too busy working on my drawings. But I do have some scenes I already came up.

I might not be able to help you tonight, but I'm willing to help later... when my hands calm down a bit. They're going slower than usual.
 Agent-Sarah
10-25-2005, 12:24 AM
And there's something wrong with this board. It's slow for some reason...

We should do this in the Help-Out thread.
 cara
10-25-2005, 4:55 AM
Miss Agent-Sarah, I enjoyed you little RP snippet. It sounds like it's a hugely fun premise. :3 The Outlaw, yar! Great name!
 TyraaRane
10-25-2005, 3:08 PM
Hey look, I actually finished one of my fic requests! See, shinzuku requested a Sasha/Milla sequelfic where they get together, and I finally got it written. Yay!

...Yeah, I suck at lead-ins today.

Anyway: And In Short, I Was Afraid (http://www.livejournal.com/users/tyraarane/226643.html) -- it's better than the title makes it out to be, I swear.
 DarthAve
10-25-2005, 3:19 PM
Gasp!!!! PURE GENIUS TYRAA!!!!!
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 4:37 PM
Hey look, I actually finished one of my fic requests! See, shinzuku requested a Sasha/Milla sequelfic where they get together, and I finally got it written. Yay!

Anyway: And In Short, I Was Afraid (http://www.livejournal.com/users/tyraarane/226643.html) -- it's better than the title makes it out to be, I swear.

Oh, it's so perfect... :~ You're amazing.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 4:57 PM
I swear TyraaRane I will get to your story, which by the reactions and previous entries into fanfiction, that is probably perfect.

I just need to type something up.
 TyraaRane
10-25-2005, 5:04 PM
Oh, it's so perfect... :~ You're amazing.

Aw, I get a squiggly-face smilie--now I feel really loved. *g* Anyway, thank you--and you too, Darth. :D

And Klia, don't worry about it, take your time, etc. These things get better with age...no, wait, that's wine. Never mind. But yeah, take your time; I don't mind.
 Agent-Sarah
10-25-2005, 5:13 PM
To cara: Thanks. I might post some of the RP in my Deviantart page as soon as I finish the other half.

To TyraaRane: I wish I could say something other than "Great story!" So I'm going with Whoo!
 DarthAve
10-25-2005, 5:13 PM
Yes, you're so luved!!! You rock the earth Tyraa!!
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:17 PM
In my previous post, I worded my sentences weird. Tyraa, you should post this on fanfiction.net, nfiction, or some other fanfiction site. It will top about 95 percent of the garbage that goes on those things.

Here's the layout of how me and Paranoidish are writing the story. We can ony write one page in the notebook we share (so as not to drift off in the plot without the other one knowing. However not much writing gets done either but this is a pretty relaxed thing). Well, it was my turn to write my story. Of course on the week where I had major writer's block that could only be cured by bashing my head into various desks over the course of that week.

So this fic is dedicated to all of those desks that supported me the whole way through.

Of course... I have to follow up Tyraa which nobody wants to do. But what the hey? We can't all be amazing writers.

For the last time he tucked the weathered note into his pocket. Grumbling, Oleander started up the engine of his old, cramped car, only to have the machine grumble back. He stiffened, eyeing the machine warily. “So that’s how you want to play?” Placing the keys into the ignition, Oleander pushed down harder on the pedal, willing it to start, nothing. With more force, he jammed the keys in the ignition, concentrating more intensely upon it; still nothing. He jammed the keys into the ignition with as much force and energy in him, his face scarlet from the force. And then suddenly the car was moving, inch by inch. Each turn of the wheel was a slight victory.

“Ha! As always, I win!” Oleander laughed to himself, basking in the joy of victory and in his mirth, his glorious achievement, he hadn’t realized that another problem was rearing its head, one that would be his downfall.

“Out of gas?” He slammed down on the pedal once again but this time there was no response. Doing the only thing he could, he slumped down over the steering wheel and admitted defeat. “I’ll ask the neighbors.”

Oleander slid out of the leather seat, the widest smile plastered on his face. It had been one hell of a ride in that powerful, fast, and most importantly big truck
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:20 PM
Those desks should be damn proud.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:25 PM

Aww thank you. My head hurts a bit but I made new friends. And that's all that matters.
EDIT: printing out your story Tyraa.
 TyraaRane
10-25-2005, 5:25 PM

They should. Besides, desk-slamming is fun and entertaining for the whole family.

And Klia, this whole section is just so...Morry. He would definitely be one to try and beat a car into submission--only to have it win in the end. XD What can I say? I like it.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:27 PM
I can't wait to read some more of your writing--you just write so... right. Everything is right. Or something. Hard to describe.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:33 PM
They should. Besides, desk-slamming is fun and entertaining for the whole family.

And Klia, this whole section is just so...Morry. He would definitely be one to try and beat a car into submission--only to have it win in the end. XD What can I say? I like it.

You all make me happy.I was about to throw this away and never let it see the light of day. If only because Oleander does not like to be written about and tries everything in his power to be written terribly.

This is my fifth or fourth draft of continuing the story.

You don't want to see the others.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:34 PM
You don't want to see the others.

Ha! Good one.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:35 PM
I can't wait to read some more of your writing--you just write so... right. Everything is right. Or something. Hard to describe.

Aww. Too much sweetness. I seriously am going to implode and leave sickly sweet kittens in my place.

Going back and comparing the two sections, Paranoidish and I have very distinct ways of writing. Similiar but distinct.

Alright, I sent her the e-mail that I have the part up. I'll wait for her.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:37 PM
Erm. Kittens? When you implode you leave behind a trail of kittens?

That one guy was right, Psychonauts fans are crazy.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:40 PM
She unlocked the door and breezed inside

Brilliant bloody brilliant. I can really imagine how she came in.

I didn't understand the thing about doing your hair until I cut my hair. Then I had to fluff it and play with it every time I got the chance. So I guess it's the opposite for me.

Charles is a nice OC. Not a self-insert. But a nice little character you made up. I'd like to see more of him.
 Agent-Sarah
10-25-2005, 5:40 PM
Imploding and leaving a trail of kittens....*adds that to "list of things to draw"*
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:41 PM
Erm. Kittens? When you implode you leave behind a trail of kittens?

That one guy was right, Psychonauts fans are crazy.

I had a response. But it was not worth typing.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:42 PM
Imploding and leaving a trail of kittens....*adds that to "list of things to draw"*

*adds that to her list of things to look foward to*
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:43 PM
CHOMP. Speaking of fanfiction, it turns out I'm incapable of writing any more of it. I've tried over and over again, with ideas and the will, but I can't seem to get it on paper. It's killing me. So all I can do is read all of the good stuff.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 5:53 PM
CHOMP. Speaking of fanfiction, it turns out I'm incapable of writing any more of it. I've tried over and over again, with ideas and the will, but I can't seem to get it on paper. It's killing me. So all I can do is read all of the good stuff.

That's me. I cannot for the life of me write anything. Sure I wrote a small page of it but I'm struggling so much with my perfectionist inside of me that it's killing me softly..

with his words.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 5:56 PM
I don't know where my vocabulary went. I seem to use the same words over and over, but I KNOW other words that describe the same thing. Plus I wont stop doodling all over the notebook. That doesn't help.
 Paranoidish
10-25-2005, 6:06 PM
Aww. Too much sweetness. I seriously am going to implode and leave sickly sweet kittens in my place.

Going back and comparing the two sections, Paranoidish and I have very distinct ways of writing. Similiar but distinct.
Alright, I sent her the e-mail that I have the part up. I'll wait for her.

So...we're similarly different? Is this something like same difference? Its a paradox...my mind,it hurts!
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 6:08 PM
It's like... same difference. Klia may have thought that phrase up.
 DarthAve
10-25-2005, 6:21 PM
How come I don't know what XD is? Is it like an inside joke or somthing?
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 6:25 PM
How come I don't know what XD is? Is it like an inside joke or somthing?

XD is an emoticon. Like... laughing really hard.
 DarthAve
10-25-2005, 6:26 PM
O, I C!!
 shinzuku
10-25-2005, 6:37 PM

That was a great story. I am at a loss for words.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 6:44 PM
It's like... same difference. Klia may have thought that phrase up.

Because I think about what I am going to say.

Really I just wanted to show how something could be so similar yet so different. Subtle differences that really add something different.

Forget it.

Wait no...it's kind of like so close and yet so far.
 Purple Squid
10-25-2005, 6:49 PM
You could've said you invented the phrase and charged 20 cents every time someone says it.

Klia- So brilliant! Same. Difference.
Person- Well, Dexter is cooler than Jimmy.
Person- Same difference.
Klia- *BAMF* Thank you! *BAMF*

Suddenly you're Nightcrawler.
 Klia
10-25-2005, 6:51 PM
You could've said you invented the phrase and charged 20 cents every time someone says it.

Klia- So brilliant! Same. Difference.
Person- Well, Dexter is cooler than Jimmy.
Person- Same difference.
Klia- *BAMF* Thank you! *BAMF*

Suddenly you're Nightcrawler.

I actually had some dream about that power some time back. It made me laugh so hard but I can't remember at all.

Dude I would be so rich.
Page: 5 of 28