Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange Video Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Massacator
04-20-2000, 1:46 AM
I've been perplexed with this problem since the day I bought the game. Before I begin, here's my specs:

PII 350
128 meg ram
V2 12meg (Diamond)
Win '98 with updates
DX7.whatever
Open tower case with 3 fans (one of 'em is a 6 inch fan blowing on my V2 card)
.....and I have ALL the latest drivers, and the latest patch for XWA.

It seems after any heavy use of the game, the colors go real bad the next time I boot it up. Outer space is now blue when it used to be black and the backgrounds (planets, nebula's, etc.) rival Space Invaders.
Now, my card isn't overheating, that I do know. I've used both Diamond Multimedia's latest drivers, and 3dfx.com's latest drivers. And eventually they both glitch out on me.
Does anyone have any tips or thoughts? Bear in mind, this even occurs after a total reformat of my HD's, and reinstalling Win '98. I'm totally stumped on this.
 ViRGE
04-21-2000, 1:31 AM
If you're sure that your card isn't overheating, then it's probably going bad on you. Those are telltail signs of one or the other...

------------------
ViRGE
System Apex
www.systemapex.com) (http://www.systemapex.com)
 K_Kinnison
04-21-2000, 1:53 AM
Your brightness is too high, and i think you got the backdrops up too, with lotsa stars
 Darth Massacator
04-21-2000, 6:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the replies. The card is a little over 2 years old ....very heavy usage I might add.
I've always kept my starfield density at either medium or low, but I will check the brightness settings ....why I didn't think that I'll never know http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
Page: 1 of 1