Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't get up in rafters by floating no matter how hard I try

Page: 1 of 1
 annelise68
10-15-2005, 2:41 AM
I am fighting the Phantom/Critic and I can't seem to float up to the rafters no matter how hard I try. I keep levitating over the notes but nothing happens- please help I have tried hundreds of times but with no luck is there a trick to this because before this all the bosses seemed relatively easy to beat and now I am ready to just pack it in.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 12:26 PM
That happens to me all the time. Jasper will shoot in the area you're floating to, not where you are at the time he shoots. In other words, he shoots before you move. You just have to wait until he shoots and float up in the opposite direction.

Like he shoots right so you move left. You'll do it eventually.
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 1:35 PM
or, you could just use invistiblity. I did that.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 1:36 PM
I didn't even think about that.

So, yeah. Try that too.
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 1:38 PM
Oh yeah! I added somthing that Purple forgot to the idea of helping you. I hope you become a regular poster here, we need more who don't have over 1000.
 annelise68
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I tried the invisibility thing already but he just seems to get me everytime. I keep trying and I am soooo frustrated at this point. After several attempts I then get an error message that my disc is dirty or damaged which makes this tooo annoying. I love gaming but there have been a few games where I just give up because I get stuck at a level and can never seem to get by it. I hope this isn't one of those games because I really like the whole concept of the game. Like I played all of Halo 2 but never finished Halo because of the last scene where I just couldn't get to the final checkpoint after a gazzilion attempts. And I played Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and just couldn't get by the last level no matter what. Am I the only one with this problem? And why do game designer's make some levels way too difficult almost to the pooint where you dson't even want to play the game anymore. I know it has to be challenging but come on now. Am I alone on this thought?
 Ray_the_psychic
10-17-2005, 9:05 PM
I tried the invisibility thing already but he just seems to get me everytime. I keep trying and I am soooo frustrated at this point. After several attempts I then get an error message that my disc is dirty or damaged which makes this tooo annoying. I love gaming but there have been a few games where I just give up because I get stuck at a level and can never seem to get by it. I hope this isn't one of those games because I really like the whole concept of the game. Like I played all of Halo 2 but never finished Halo because of the last scene where I just couldn't get to the final checkpoint after a gazzilion attempts. And I played Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and just couldn't get by the last level no matter what. Am I the only one with this problem? And why do game designer's make some levels way too difficult almost to the pooint where you dson't even want to play the game anymore. I know it has to be challenging but come on now. Am I alone on this thought?

DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE NEW THE POSTS HERE ARE YOUR ONLY POSTS AND YOU JOINED TODAY OR TONIGHT IF I'M RIGHT I KNEW IT BECAUSE I'M A REAL PSYCHIC THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS GAME 'CAUSE IT'S KINDA LIKE PPLZ LIKE ME YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Purple Squid
10-17-2005, 9:16 PM

Hm. I think you may be the only one to admit that Jasper is too hard for you. I suppose this is just one of those times where all the advice we can give is 'Don't give up' and 'DREAM. FLUFFS.'

Good luck, I hope you continue playing.
 DarthAve
10-17-2005, 9:29 PM
Yeah, It took me 16hrs to beat it the first time, and now I'm down to 5 hours!!!
 Ray_the_psychic
10-18-2005, 12:27 AM
i'm down to a perfect 1 and a half go me now that's a speedrun hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahsa ahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha
 annelise68
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
16 hours huh? At least 5 hours sounds better. I keep using up all my dream fluffs but yesterday I actually almost got to the rafters when I accidently landed on the ladder but then Jasper whacked me and I fell down. God I wanted to cry. I haven't even been able to get up in the rafters once - pathetic I say. Because of this travesty I decided to start the whole damn game over from the beginning. I figure if I ain't good enough for Jasper I better go back to square one. And yes I just joined the board. I don't normally admit to the fact that I am a closet gamer being that I am female which breaks most stereotypes about people who play video games right there. I got my Xbox in december and have played through, Fable, Halo 2 (couldn't finish Halo), Morrowind, Jade Empire, Star Wars KNight of the Old Republic and a few others. Got stuck in some games that I have never finished, Baldur's gate, Prince of persia being two that come to mind and am definetley addicted to say the least. I can only play when my kids are napping or sleeping so I am a late night gamer. It drives my husband nuts but when I get caught up in a game its like I am obssessed until I finish. So hopefully my second basic braining and training will help me kick Jaspers but. I thought the tank was hard at first but once I figured it out it seemed easy but I don't think that will be the case with Jasper so I am officially starting the Jasper Hate club.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 11:31 AM
16 hours huh? At least 5 hours sounds better. I keep using up all my dream fluffs but yesterday I actually almost got to the rafters when I accidently landed on the ladder but then Jasper whacked me and I fell down. God I wanted to cry. I haven't even been able to get up in the rafters once - pathetic I say. Because of this travesty I decided to start the whole damn game over from the beginning. I figure if I ain't good enough for Jasper I better go back to square one. And yes I just joined the board. I don't normally admit to the fact that I am a closet gamer being that I am female which breaks most stereotypes about people who play video games right there. I got my Xbox in december and have played through, Fable, Halo 2 (couldn't finish Halo), Morrowind, Jade Empire, Star Wars KNight of the Old Republic and a few others. Got stuck in some games that I have never finished, Baldur's gate, Prince of persia being two that come to mind and am definetley addicted to say the least. I can only play when my kids are napping or sleeping so I am a late night gamer. It drives my husband nuts but when I get caught up in a game its like I am obssessed until I finish. So hopefully my second basic braining and training will help me kick Jaspers but. I thought the tank was hard at first but once I figured it out it seemed easy but I don't think that will be the case with Jasper so I am officially starting the Jasper Hate club.

Nah, a lot of the people here are girls.

AUGH! No Jasper hate! I like Jasper. In a weird, not-like sort of way.

Just practice a lot, okay? The game is too good to start and not finish. <3
 annelise68
10-18-2005, 2:16 PM
Thanks appreciate it. Question - where does every normal electrician live? My husband's an electrician and I've never heard that one before.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 3:16 PM
Thanks appreciate it. Question - where does every normal electrician live? My husband's an electrician and I've never heard that one before.

Er. It's a joke. My avatar--he's a telephone repair man.

But I'm sure electricians live in... houses. Mansions... spaceships.

Hm. You know, I'm not sure where every normal electrician lives. I'll have to sleep on it.
 Klia
10-18-2005, 3:25 PM
Nah, a lot of the people here are girls.

AUGH! No Jasper hate! I like Jasper. In a weird, not-like sort of way.

Just practice a lot, okay? The game is too good to start and not finish. <3

You can tell a lot of the people are girls here if you spend a while on these boards.

About this rafters...are you

A: Sliding a different way every second?
B: Turning invisibility on while you do that?
C: Jumping up and then gliding?
D: Directly over the notes that propel you up?
E: Watching Jasper's movements?

If you are...then here is a tip. It will take longer but it works, when he's about to throw something at you, drop from your ballon for a half-second. That way the words will miss you and you'll slowly crawl up.
 KingCheez
10-18-2005, 5:28 PM
i'm down to a perfect 1 and a half go me now that's a speedrun hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahsa ahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

That's not possible. Seriously. All conditions fulfilled, 1:30 is about the time it takes just to get to Boyd's mind. Without having Invisibility first.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 5:29 PM
That's not possible. Seriously. All conditions fulfilled, 1:30 is about the time it takes just to get to Boyd's mind. Without having Invisibility first.

Just ignore it, Cheez. Even the pro speedrunners haven't done it that fast.
At least you haven't been cussed out... as of yet.
Page: 1 of 1