Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please answer quick

Page: 1 of 1
 Naga Sadow
10-14-2005, 7:28 PM
ok listen i was wondering if was possible to have kotor 2 mods on kotor and if not can someone make a mod to make it possible please answer soon
 RedHawke
10-15-2005, 12:28 AM
:eyeraise: What exactly are you requesting? Please be a little more thorough, and communicative in your requests. Punctuation and sentence structure would help you greatly in that endeavor. ;)

If I understood you correctly... You want to be able to port TSL mods to KOTOR?

This won't work with anything but some skins and the like as the 2 games file formats differ slightly, so most mods cannot be transferred between the 2 games... sorry.
 Naga Sadow
10-15-2005, 2:14 PM
ok cause i as wondering out of curiostity
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-16-2005, 4:15 AM
The only alternative to that is to re-compile all the scripts, models, *.2da's (?), and various other files for each individual mod. But in some (or most) cases, it may not be possible to use some TSL mods for K1, being as there's a lot Obsidian added that's not in K1, for instance scripting functions and visual effects.
 RC-1162
10-17-2005, 2:17 PM
are lightsaber colors or crystals able to be switched? cuz im getting bored with the bland colors of K1
 RedHawke
10-18-2005, 3:10 AM
Textures for the blade colors might be possible with some work*, but the uti files and models are a definate no, different file formats.

The same applies to the saber upgrade crystals, the 2 games handle these quite differently.

* I cannot say how to port these though because of Forum Rule #14... sorry! This is something you will have to figure out on your own for your own personal use.
 Jackel
10-18-2005, 6:13 AM
Textures for the blade colors might be possible with some work*, but the uti files and models are a definate no, different file formats.

The same applies to the saber upgrade crystals, the 2 games handle these quite differently.

* I cannot say how to port these though because of Forum Rule #14... sorry! This is something you will have to figure out on your own for your own personal use.
I can get around rule 14 though ;)

Open up kotor tool and point it at your k1 directory

extract the lightsaber textures making them a tga (I think kotor tool does that nowadays..) load up your favourite image program and play with the colours until they are similar to what you want them to look like.

See Red there is a way to help without breaching the rules. :twogun:
 Naga Sadow
10-18-2005, 4:03 PM
well i have a ? for the guy who made the holowan plug-in 2 because it says i need a code to get it working for the installation
Page: 1 of 1