Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Giving Bastila's clothing special properties

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Is there any mod that gives Bastila's normal clothing defense bonuses and stuff? I know about Chainz.2da's Bastila's Revelation Robes, and Svosh's teal and red robes, but is there one that just gives the regular unaltered clothing defense, damage immunity, and whatnot?
 DuffmanDan
10-14-2005, 7:46 PM
*shrug*

it wouldnt take to long to toss together, but making it a placeable is not something i know how to do. so if you dont mind *cough* cheating *cough* or useing kse, then its no biggie (which i've been doing sence i found the lovely kotor tool :P)

but if u change the standerd clothing to have defence/abilities, they will all have them
 RedHawke
10-15-2005, 12:52 AM
This is a simple thing to do yourself, for KOTOR you open KT find the basic clothing uti... g_a_clothes01.uti*.

Open it with KT... Alter the item name and description to taste, make it Bastila's, then go to the properties section add properties to taste, be sure to also add the property to restrict the item to Bastila only to do this give the clothing the feat requirement Battle Meditation, this will allow Bastila to wear them and no one else, then change the tag and resref to like rqd_bastcloth1, then save the uti to your override as rqd_bastcloth1.uti.

Then either use KSE to add the item to your invantory, or you can edit p_bastilla.utc**, check to see if there is one in your override first, if not then you can find it in KT, and you can replace the regular clothes she has on with her new clothes you made. Simply replace g_a_clothes01 with rqd_bastcloth1 in her equipped item list and save this p_bastilla.utc file to your override. Done this way, Bastila will have these clothes you made on when she joins your party. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

* g_a_clothes01.uti is found in BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Item/
** p_bastilla.utc is found in BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Character/
 DuffmanDan
10-15-2005, 1:12 AM
*smacks forehead*

now why didn't i remember that?

*mutters incesently*
 norwood
10-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Alright, I am wholly new to modding, and while these were excellent instructions, I do have a couple of questions.

I opened g_a_clothes01.uti, did everything RedHawke said, but I'm confused how to:

1) "make it Bastila's" from RedHawke's step: "Alter the item name and description to taste, make it Bastila's"

and

2) "be sure to also add the property to restrict the item to Bastila only"

everything else in RedHawke's post I could do. Can anyone be a bit more specific on these two points for an complete noob like myself?

Thanks
Norwood
most infamous place kicker in NFL history
 Bob Lion54
10-15-2005, 8:41 PM
1) Under the description tab, just change the name to "Bastila's Robes" or whatever you want to call them. Same goes for decsription. You can write anything you want. (no need to put, Restriced to Bastila, the next step will do that for you)

2)Under the proberties tab, double click the "star" in the list of propreties. (Its on the left and will be on the last row) For Proberty name, select PC restriction. In the Subtype field, there will be a list of all the NPC in the game. Set that to Bastila and click "add". Just add whatever other properties you want using this method.

Save the UTI. as RedHawke said and you now have Bastila's Robes with special Proprities!

Hope that helps!
 norwood
10-16-2005, 1:44 AM
Thank you for the help, you really spelled it out, but I am evidently absurd.
I must be missing something, as PC limitation isn't shown as a possible property name.

This is what I'm doing:

--I'm working with Kotor Tool v1.0.2102.26188, just installed yesterday.
--I double-click g_a_clothes01.uti, opening the Item Property Editor Window
--I edit tag and template resref to taste
--I click properties tab
--I double-click the asterisk
--I look for PC limitation under "Property Name" menu, but its not there.

If all of these steps are correct, I must be insane or blind; I went through the list of options more than 10 times.

There--I just looked through the list again--there's only User, Alignment, and Class limitations.

And under User limitations, there are four options of "****" plus "human" and "droid"

I also searched the forums for "pc limitation" but found no help.

There is a "Disguise" property, which had npc bastila as an option. Is that what I'm looking for?

There's probably something absurdly obvious that I'm missing, so please embarrass me and point it out!

thanks
 RobQel-Droma
10-16-2005, 1:47 AM
Thanks Redhawke and BobLion! When I am finally able to get back on my PC which should be in a couple days, I am immediately going to do this! Not to mention learn how to mod KotOR...
 RedHawke
10-16-2005, 2:18 AM
^^^^
You are welcome Rob! :D

@ norwood, this is because in KOTOR I there is no PC Restriction property. You will have to give the clothing the feat requirement Battle Meditation, this will allow Bastila to wear them and no one else. This is how we had to restrict things in KOTOR I. :)
 norwood
10-16-2005, 2:34 AM
Thank you!
 Bob Lion54
10-16-2005, 6:30 AM
^^^^
You are welcome Rob! :D

@ norwood, this is because in KOTOR I there is no PC Restriction property. You will have to give the clothing the feat requirement Battle Meditation, this will allow Bastila to wear them and no one else. This is how we had to restrict things in KOTOR I. :)

AH!!

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't relize there wasn't PC Restriction in K1. Its been far too long sinse I've played K1.

hehe. At least I got one right! hehe
Page: 1 of 1