Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The One Year Later Shtick

Page: 1 of 3
 Klia
10-12-2005, 3:29 PM
The One Year Later Shtick

If you can’t tell by the title, what I have posted here is the common thought of “One Year Later in Psychonauts.” What has been puzzling me is what would happen? Would Raz even go to camp anymore?

Well, here are my thoughts on this. You can come up with your own theories as well. These are pulled directly from my notebook so these are kind of rough.

Raz: Would Raz go back to Whispering Rock next year? After all, he is a Psychonaut and the camp is for Psy-cadets. I assume that despite his title, he still would go back. Raz is only ten and still has much to learn and will be put through advanced courses or may even help teach some of the classes instead of participating with the children as he had done last year.

-More responsibility
-A tad maturer (still has Raz antics however)

Lili: If Raz is in special training then she would not have as much time to be with him. This wouldn’t devastate her, she is a strong girl, however Raz was the spark in her life and when he is so close but yet so far I think it’s going to be the torture of boredom that gets to her.

-A bit maturer
-Whole new world is open yet still stuck in same place

Sasha: Not only does he have Sheegor with him but he now has to take care of a fledging Psychonaut. One who needs to learn rules, etiquette, responsibility, and (As Sasha probably sees fit) the scientific aspect of being a Psychonaut.

-Forced interaction may make him open up.

As you can see I never got to finish this and was only able to do a few quick sketches.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 3:32 PM
We can expect Milla would want to be a big part of Raz's 'growing up', since she obviously cares about his well being. So she wouldn't change much, would she?

Maturer.
 Paranoidish
10-12-2005, 3:39 PM
It is very rough, but I think it is, overall, very well thought out. When this does get all refined and pretty, I'd love to read it.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 3:42 PM

Would he? Sasha doesn't seem the type to 'open up' to anyone, but he would relax a bit. Maybe. I'm not sure. Would that hurt him? Anyway, I don't think teaching Raz and being interacting with Sheegor would make him open up, and I mean open up as in verbally. As in telling people about personal things. He would get some much needed social skills, possibly, but I'm sure he'd stay the same old Sasha, if only for the fact none of his fans(all 20 of them) want him to change. Or they do. But the only reason Sasha's fans want him to change is because of Milla.

He could've been a bit nicer and more considerate when Oleander had no brain, but that's just his character, I guess.

Remember, I are not a-contradicting you. I'm agreeing with you in a different way. Dawg.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 3:44 PM

Would he? Sasha doesn't seem the type to 'open up' to anyone, but he would relax a bit. Maybe. I'm not sure. Would that hurt him? Anyway, I don't think teaching Raz and being interacting with Sheegor would make him open up, and I mean open up as in verbally. As in telling people about personal things. He would get some much needed social skills, possibly, but I'm sure he'd stay the same old Sasha, if only for the fact none of his fans(all 20 of them) want him to change. Or they do. But the only reason Sasha's fans want him to change is because of Milla.

He could've been a bit nicer and more considerate when Oleander had no brain, but that's just his character, I guess.

Remember, I are not a-contradicting you. I'm agreeing with you in a different way. Dawg.

Lol. I think that he may be a little more uncomfortable with people being around him 24/7. I know I would be. A lot of things would have to happen. It could just be a factor.

But yeah, I do see your point. I don't think just them being there would make him open up.

Welcome Paranoidish. I'm glad you like it, but the problem I have with your statement is that it is not backed up by an icon and no one listens to iconless people.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 3:46 PM
We can expect Milla would want to be a big part of Raz's 'growing up', since she obviously cares about his well being. So she wouldn't change much, would she?

Maturer.

I said more mature, and Clipit hated me for it and changed it to maturer.
 Paranoidish
10-12-2005, 3:46 PM
I refuse to procure an icon. Visual stimuli is for idiots.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 3:47 PM
I didn't see you, iconless! I don't love you yet, loser.

And what of the other children? What do we think will come of them?

(Crispus Attucks. I KNEW CRISPIN WAS FAMILIAR!)
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 3:48 PM
I said more mature, and Clipit hated me for it and changed it to maturer.

Haha, sure it did, you scizor.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 3:55 PM
I didn't see you, iconless! I don't love you yet, loser.

And what of the other children? What do we think will come of them?

(Crispus Attucks. I KNEW CRISPIN WAS FAMILIAR!)

Haha, sure it did, you scizor

Now you are losing me. Who is this Crispus Attacks?

I think the children will change depending on their maturity level that we have seen or how fast we have seen them grow.

I think Nils is not going to change as much per say Elton. Dogen may change a little bit but not much, he really is a simple guy.

My scizor loves me but maturer people don't.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 3:59 PM
Erm, he was nobody. Or you could google him and get a billion Civil War sites. All telling you the British are evil when they aren't.

I'm really thinking about Clem and Crystal. Obviously, they're suicidal, but their attempts at SWEET RELEASE(...) never work. So, would they keep trying? And would they stay together?

I'm thinking yes. To both. Or they could spend their lives saving kittens and cheering on old folks.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 4:11 PM
Erm, he was nobody. Or you could google him and get a billion Civil War sites. All telling you the British are evil when they aren't.

I'm really thinking about Clem and Crystal. Obviously, they're suicidal, but their attempts at SWEET RELEASE(...) never work. So, would they keep trying? And would they stay together?

I'm thinking yes. To both. Or they could spend their lives saving kittens and cheering on old folks.

It seems that they got the idea of suicide pushed to the side when they got their brains back in their heads.

Do I think that they were really serious about suicide. Not really, I highly doubt that the reason they stated would make them kill themselves and they always seem to be stopping themselves or not taking the right time to kill themselves.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 4:16 PM
It seems that they got the idea of suicide pushed to the side when they got their brains back in their heads.

Do I think that they were really serious about suicide. Not really, I highly doubt that the reason they stated would make them kill themselves and they always seem to be stopping themselves or not taking the right time to kill themselves.

And to think, suicide jokes for humor. SHAME. Haha.

And it did seem to get pushed aside, because afterwards they were all 'the world omfg needs us!' which is why they would save kittens. But for some strange reason I can't seem them as cheerleaders anytime in the future. It doesn't make sense, even to me.

I'm not sure about Dogen, either. Can you think up an answer with your rapier wit?

The producers are being so mean to us. Giving them personalitys that are hard to figure out and look smart while answering.

(also, your avatar. Wow, it makes me want to dance)
 Klia
10-12-2005, 4:54 PM
..the Oleander one..or the Crispin one?

I change icons a lot.

Since Dogen is so simple-minded I see him falling farther and farther behind what is considered normal. He may have an idea that he is, I mean he's not stupid just a little slow. I think the older he grows up the more it is going to be hell until he turns into an adult. I have always felt that great things are going to happen to him once he turns into an adult. Why? I have no clue.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 4:56 PM
..the Oleander one..or the Crispin one?

I change icons a lot.

Since Dogen is so simple-minded I see him falling farther and farther behind what is considered normal. He may have an idea that he is, I mean he's not stupid just a little slow. I think the older he grows up the more it is going to be hell until he turns into an adult. I have always felt that great things are going to happen to him once he turns into an adult. Why? I have no clue.

Great things happen to great people. Dogen apparently has 1337 brain skills. It's easy to see where you got your notion.

And you DO change icons a lot! I was talking about Oleander, but that was before you changed him. :3 Smiley.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 5:09 PM
But why would it want to make you dance. Is it the ooo beat of it? Pretty soothing if I might say.

Your icon rocks. Where the hell do you get your icons?
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 5:11 PM
I make them. With love.

And, yes. 'OoO' is soothing like standing in front of Boyd for hours. Which is soothing.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 5:55 PM
By the way, or not by the way, the Becky/G-Man fic... has died. BUT IN ITS WAKE IT LEFT NOT ONLY A HANDFUL OF YUMMY REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, BUT HOPE. THE HOPE NEEDED TO MAKE A BETTER FIC. ONE THAT WILL MOVE THE MIND AND POKE GINGERLY A THE HEARTSTRINGS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

Do not worry, Klia. You will have your fic. I SWEAR IT.
 splitsecond
10-12-2005, 6:06 PM
most likely i'm the only one who thinks this but I kind of think chops and j.t were a bit ummm..how can I be politicaly correct....off if you catch my drift so a year later i'd see them more......off-ish
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 6:08 PM
most likely i'm the only one who thinks this but I kind of think chops and j.t were a bit ummm..how can I be politicaly correct....off if you catch my drift so a year later i'd see them more......off-ish

Offish? Oh. You mean totally ghey. Or dead.

We all know Canadians can't feel love, so gay is out of the question. Cowboys are immortal, so that's been struck as well.

They could... save kittens. Wait. Taken.
 Gruducuuz
10-12-2005, 6:12 PM
Or puppies, or cows, or maybe super mutant puppie cows!!! That could FLY!! WHOOOSH!!!
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 6:14 PM
No, that's future Clem and Crystal's job. They save small animals.

I'd hate to see what all these children look like as adults. Or worse.

BISHIEFIED. YES. HORRIBLE SLANG.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 6:25 PM
WHAT ABOUT ALL OUR ASYLUM FRIENDS!!! I have some theroies.

Fred- Moved to a summer home in France with his fiance' near the Meditterainean Sea. Goes to cheer on american compeditors in the Toud De France every year.

Edgar- Moved to Spain where he paints flaminco dancers and landscapes. Has moved on from Lampida and Dingo, and has gotten engaged.

Gloria- Moved to NYC to persue a broadway career. Lives in an uptown appartment and is currently playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. She and her for friends and their maginificent love life will become a hit HBO special called "Sexy and the formally crazy"

Boyd- Moved to San Diego and is persuing a carrer in law with his wife Susan.

Crispen-Deseased

Dr.Loboto-Deseased

Mr. Pokeylope-Living with Sheegor, and is currently engaged to Linda. Wedding date unknown.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 6:25 PM
By the way, or not by the way, the Becky/G-Man fic... has died. BUT IN ITS WAKE IT LEFT NOT ONLY A HANDFUL OF YUMMY REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, BUT HOPE. THE HOPE NEEDED TO MAKE A BETTER FIC. ONE THAT WILL MOVE THE MIND AND POKE GINGERLY A THE HEARTSTRINGS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

Do not worry, Klia. You will have your fic. I SWEAR IT.

I actually can't wait to see what Chloe looks like when she grows up. I have no doubt in my mind that she is in fact an alien. I'm not trying to joke, a few times I had to step back and ask myself if she was from another planet. So if Psyconauts 2 ever comes out I hope they will resolve that.

Or at least have Chloe take over some part of the Earth in the name of Planet Grtsga

That had nothing to do with your fic but I am acknowledging that I will have my fic. And PS you will have that picture of the horsey...one day...one day.

I saw nothing between Chops and J.T. I just saw a lot of hurt feelings and a possible break-up. Look at best friends, they tend to hang out a lot more and do give out lots of contact. Hell, I hug a person of the opposite sex at least three times a day and he is an okay friend to me.

So unless they jack up the rating to M and have them making out then, and only then will I begin seriously questioning their sexuallity.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 6:28 PM
WHAT ABOUT ALL OUR ASYLUM FRIENDS!!! I have some theroies.

Fred- Moved to a summer home in France with his fiance' near the Meditterainean Sea. Goes to cheer on american compeditors in the Toud De France every year.

Edgar- Moved to Spain where he paints flaminco dancers and landscapes. Has moved on from Lampida and Dingo, and has gotten engaged.

Gloria- Moved to NYC to persue a broadway career. Lives in an uptown appartment and is currently playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. She and her for friends and their maginificent love life will become a hit HBO special called "Sexy and the formally crazy"

Boyd- Moved to San Diego and is persuing a carrer in law with his wife Susan.

Crispen-Deceased

Dr.Loboto-Deceased

Mr. Pokeylope-Living with Sheegor, and is currently engaged to Linda. Wedding date unknown.

Where are you getting all of these wifes and friends? Though the idea of Boyd pursuing a career in law amuses me greatly. To the point of laughing on the floor.

I don't think Crispen or the Doctor are dead. I think that they're alive, just barely, and are going to plot a secret organization to overthrow the Psychonauts. Of course, Loboto would not be discreet about it so Crispin would be the brains behind it and Loboto the...the other parts to it.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 6:29 PM
Chops is awesome. And Canadian, which means he is funny/a rock star/a hockey player. They even had hockey jokes.

Chloes IS an alien. Or she's a fish mutant.

BOYD HAS A WIFE NAMED SUSAN? Darth. That is just fantastic.

I WANT MY FREAKING HORSE.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 6:31 PM
I know it is. and GLoria WITH AN HBO REALITY SHOW!!! Even more awesome.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 6:34 PM
The reason why I brought this topic up is to discuss how a new year would affect people's. Namely Raz

So what do you think? Will he ever go back to the circus, will he stay the same, or will he mature?

Remember this is getting graded so explain Why.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 6:41 PM
I think Raz will go back to the circus because He's understood the fact that his father's not holding him back from using his powers anymore and also he gets time off to do missions and all that groovy stuff.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 6:42 PM
The reason why I brought this topic up is to discuss how a new year would affect people's. Namely Raz

So what do you think? Will he ever go back to the circus, will he stay the same, or will he mature?

Remember this is getting graded so explain Why.

I'm hoping Raz stays the same personality wise, because really. Would you like him as much if he was more like Sasha? I wouldn't.

Chances are he'd go back to the circus, if only because of his father wanted him to. But not permanently, just when he was 'off duty'.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 6:52 PM
What I would like to see of Raz, is if he matures. I don't mean like "I am Raz I am tall, dark and handsome. I am acrobatic."

What I mean is I would to see him go through the training of being a Psychonaut and I'd like his personality to stay the same but his maturity level to rise a bit.

In a year you can learn so many things. Espically around puberty.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 6:54 PM
What I would like to see of Raz, is if he matures. I don't mean like "I am Raz I am tall, dark and handsome. I am acrobatic."

What I mean is I would to see him go through the training of being a Psychonaut and I'd like his personality to stay the same but his maturity level to rise a bit.

In a year you can learn so many things. Espically around puberty.

Erg. Moody, hormonal psychic children.

WUGH.

Raz can mature, but I still want cute, funny Raz. CUTE. FUNNY. RAZ.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 6:59 PM
Yes, it does annoy me when I see sexy!old!Raz. Makes me wonder who's been spending too much time on these forums.

Funny thing is, we spend more time with Raz then anyone else in the game but few are going to name him as they're favorite character.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 7:00 PM

OMG, you said that like a G-man writing a personal ad as Raz.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 7:01 PM
Yes, it does annoy me when I see sexy!old!Raz. Makes me wonder who's been spending too much time on these forums.

Funny thing is, we spend more time with Raz then anyone else in the game but few are going to name him as they're favorite character.

He's ONE of my favorite characters. As you can see, people aren't saying he's their favorite is because it's very hard to choose between such awesome, creative people. D:

I don't think people on this forum draw bish!Raz... I haven't, obviously.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 7:03 PM

Hmm...

Inspired.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 7:04 PM

Maybe I meant it like that...
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 7:10 PM
Oh, Klia. You are so sneaky.

What about Milka? What future could she possibly have? OTHER THAN A SECRET AGENT.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 7:12 PM
Milka's gonna marry Elton, they'll have a bitter divorce, and she'll be the old lady on the street who gives out the most candy to kids on halloween.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 7:22 PM
Oh, Klia. You are so sneaky.

What about Milka? What future could she possibly have? OTHER THAN A SECRET AGENT.

She and Elton have the Invisible boy and market their kid for a big budget movie called the Invisible Man.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 7:26 PM
I think mine is good, Kila yours is insulting to psychics everywhere. benefiting over someone's psychic ability.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 7:35 PM
And yet it has already happened.
 DarthAve
10-12-2005, 7:37 PM
aww, now I'm sad. tear.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 7:52 PM
She and Elton have the Invisible boy and market their kid for a big budget movie called the Invisible Man.

Wow, your avatar is so cool I can't even reply to that intelligently.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 9:11 PM
Wow, your avatar is so cool I can't even reply to that intelligently.
Awesome, cause I didn't make it. It was going to be the unicorn cover for Psychonauts.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 9:12 PM
Awesome, cause I didn't make it. It was going to be the unicorn cover for Psychonauts.

Unicorn? Well. It's still awesome.

Unicorns are awesome.
 Klia
10-12-2005, 9:15 PM
Unicorn? Well. It's still awesome.

Unicorns are awesome.
http://www.n-chicken.net/images/psychonauts-small.jpg)

I think it was a joke.

I am totally inspired to write a story. But my laziness will get in the way and I'll never get it done.

I'll be gone for the next hour trying to finally get 100% after that last glitch.
 Purple Squid
10-12-2005, 9:16 PM
A joke? Peeshaw~! That is full fledged action packed goodness.
 Klia
10-13-2005, 10:45 AM
The early builds of the game looked really interesting. (A little OT sorry) Such as Fred would be with you on the board, your TK looked like a claw, the camp sky would be green.

And other such things.

That idea that the camp sky should have been green could be used for next year's game. Sort of like a fog that is affecting Psychonauts. Maybe it's Psitanium fog making them all go crazy.
 Purple Squid
10-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I thought for sure you were talking about a green frog affecting the camp for a while...
Page: 1 of 3