Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Good idea for KOTOR 3

Page: 1 of 1
 John Skywalker
10-10-2005, 12:35 PM
wouldnt it be cool if the sith empire was on the brilliant planet zonama sekot it would make sense if youve read star wars rogue planet it is a totally force sensitive planet or they could use it as a planet for the character and instead of gettin the ebon hawk he gets a living ship that would be brilliant or atleast include it as an explorable planet
 The Doctor
10-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Are you suggesting that the EbonHawk not be used?!?!? If you are, then WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
 fresnosmokey02
10-10-2005, 1:29 PM
That wouldn't work. Zenoma Sekot is peaceful. The Yuuzhan Vong were expelled and stripped of force sensitivity by Zenoma Sekot for being aggressive and warlike. Zenoma Sekot wouldn't stand for anything like the "True Sith" using it as a base of operations.
 RobQel-Droma
10-10-2005, 1:30 PM
Maybe. But I thought that Zonamo Sekot was a Yuuzhan Vong world or its sister world, or someplace that Anakin visited? And anyways, it is just my personal preference, but I would rather not put stuff like that in KotOR. Keep it the way it is, don't try and connect EU stuff in it; that is, if I am thinking about the planet that you are talking about. And do NOT, repeat do NOT, replace the Ebon Hawk! It is the "poster ship" of the whole KotOR series! Stay with the stuff that has been proven and is part of KotOR.
 The_Maker
10-10-2005, 2:26 PM
I just cannont understand why almost every other person who posts a "I've got a K3 Idea! :D" thread HAS to incorperate stupid post ROTJ EU crap in a pre TPM game.

Said it before, shall say it again...

NO, NO, and NO!
 Kain
10-10-2005, 2:45 PM
The Ebon Hawk sucks. The Yuuzhan Vong sucks. Post-RotJ sucks.
 The Doctor
10-10-2005, 3:43 PM
^ The Ebon Hawk does not suck. But you're right, the Yuzhan Vong and post-ROTJ stuff do suck.
 John Skywalker
10-10-2005, 5:28 PM
it isnt post rotj its just after episode 1 anakin visits it the ebon hawk could be used but wouldnt everyone want to explore a living planet and your right post rotj sucks
 RobQel-Droma
10-10-2005, 5:50 PM
Well, John Skywalker, I don't think that "everyone" would want to do this :). Me, it is an ok idea, but I don't really know much about and wouldn't really care either way, although for some reason something inside of me is saying "NO".
 RedHawke
10-11-2005, 1:58 AM
^^^^
I agree Rob! Not "everyone" would want this...

While I personally find organic technology facinating, I also know that others do not, some find it creepy! ;)
 Kain
10-11-2005, 3:44 AM
The Ebon Hawk does suck. If it wasn't such a blantant rip off of the Millenium Falcon...it'd still suck. Give me a capital ship, not some ass-and-a-half freighter.
 RobQel-Droma
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
The Ebon Hawk does suck. If it wasn't such a blantant rip off of the Millenium Falcon...it'd still suck. Give me a capital ship, not some ass-and-a-half freighter.

No offense, Kain, but what in the world is wrong with the Ebon Hawk!!!:mad:. Some "Blatant Rip off of the Millenium Falcon"?!?! In that case, I suppose you could say that HK and T3 are a "blatant rip off" of C-3PO and R2-D2! The Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon of KotOR, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

And a capital ship? :xp:. Come on, you really would want to fly through space on some humongous ship that can be seen from one end of a system to another, and takes about three hours to fly from that side ot the other side of that same system:smash:? Not to mention the crew. The EH is the fastest ship in the galaxy. And it is not a "freighter", Kain. I won't even start about the "Ass-and-a-half" comment :mad:. As I said before, I am sorry, and no offense :), but still, come on.
 Vibro
10-11-2005, 1:29 PM
Are you suggesting that the EbonHawk not be used?!?!? If you are, then WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Ebon Hawk's good but I would like to see a new ship in the next game.
 RobQel-Droma
10-11-2005, 2:00 PM
^^^^
I am fine with having a new ship at the beginning, but I still want to eventually get the Ebon Hawk, and I want it to be soon.
 Kain
10-12-2005, 12:28 PM
HK and T3 ARE blantant rip-offs of 3P0 and R2 - save the fiendish murdering spree of HK. I've hated the Ebon Hawk since its debut. And a captial ship would kick ass to have. No more of those annoying little fighter run ins(which aggravated me to no end - not because they were difficult but because they slowed down the game), and most capital ships have more effective hyperdrives than some ass-and-a-half freighter. And it is a freighter as it was used to, ironically enough, move freight from one end of the galaxy to another!
 RobQel-Droma
10-12-2005, 1:23 PM
Well, then Kain, maybe you better just do the same for every single other thing that might be "a blatant rip-off of 3PO and R2 or anything else"!!! If you don't want to have anything that might be similar to something else, then go buy another stupid game and throw KotOR in the trash!!!. What is wrong with this? Oh, and now I suppose you are going to say that Malak too is a blatant rip-off of Darth Vader with his jaw thing! Since when did Jedi ever travel in a capital ship, huh? And no, you wouldn't just get fighter attacks anymore, you would get bombarded by other capital ships! If you don't want the Ebon Hawk or HK or T3 anymore, then either go buy another game, or mod KotOR and replace them with something else!!!. Because the way I see it, it wouldn't be KotOR anymore if we didn't have these so-called "blatant rip-offs" of the characters from the movies! I guess I am exactly the opposite of you-I want the "kick ass" Ebon Hawk, not some moon-sized "ass-and-a-half" capital ship, to use your descriptions.
 Shem
10-12-2005, 1:26 PM
The title of the thread should have been "An Idea" instead of "Good Idea". Reason being that not everybody is going to think it's a good idea.
 Kain
10-12-2005, 2:17 PM
My, my, my Rob did I strike a nerve? Does it bother you that someone else has a different opinion about a stupid ship and a damnable game? WOW - trйs mature. Captial ship fights would be way more exciting than a modified freighter blasting a few starships. A moonsized captial ship is no longer a ship - its a space station(dur). Get your lil rage trip in check, grow up a little bit, a if you don't like what I say there is an ignore list.

And for the record: I've never bought a KotOR game. I don't even own an XBox. My cousin owns them. So HA on you and your assumptions.
 TreeX
10-12-2005, 2:23 PM
Ha... I can understand being chased by midget spacecrafts, I can understand you hating them...

A. Being the "moon sized 'ass and a half'" capital ship does not mean those run in will be better, in truth it'd b SOOO much worse, look at the dark side ending for kotor 1, Dodonna's Capital ship is blown up by ONE midget ship.

B. As Rob said, the Ebon Hawk is part of kotor, without it, there is no kotor, even if it is a blatant ripoff to the millenium falcon.

C. How much longer would the game take, with thise enormous piece of useless metal slowly floating around to the different planets, and if you're unlucky you get crapped up by Sith Capital Class ships eg. Leviathan Style.

Basically, the Ebon Hawk is one of the non changing things of kotor. CHanging it turns the rest of the game to mush. :smash:
 RobQel-Droma
10-12-2005, 2:30 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fly off the handle, it just really ticks me off when people say stuff like ass-and-a-half freighter. And to you, it might be way cooler, to me, it will be way dummer. And I thought you had KotOR, I mean, it sounded like you did after all your stuff about how bad this all sucks. And still, why play it if all this stuff if it is all blatant ripoffs? Unless, that is, T3, HK, and the EH are the only things that you consider a blatant rip offs.

And by the way mister mature, your ass-and-a-half and your blatant rip off comments were really the thing that ticked me off, not that you had a different opinion than I did. And no offense with my next question, this is really a genuine question: alright about the HA on me, why go on Lucasforums and make comments like that about KotOR if you have never even bought it, don't even have it, and call it a damnable game? I mean, seriously, I am just wondering, why bother if you don't like anything about it?
 Kain
10-12-2005, 4:06 PM
Did I say I never played it? How could I know it don't like it or it doesn't contain rip-offs if I never played it?

I have played it. I've beaten both twice(not that it mattered in KotOR2). I never said I didn't like anything about it. I don't like the Ebon Hawk - I don't like the Millenium Falcon if you want to get detailed about it. I actually like HK, but hate C3P0. I hate T3 and R2. Get rid of the Hawk, get another ship. How about we get a character who has his own ship and its *gasp* NOT THE EBON HAWK!? Would the galaxy cease to be? No. But it'd be a nice breath of fresh air.

So once again, assumptions are very bad.
 RobQel-Droma
10-12-2005, 4:32 PM
The fact is, HK, T3, and the Ebon Hawk are parts of KotOR whether you like it or not. Just like the Millenium Falcon and C-3PO are parts of Star Wars. And no, the galaxy would not cease to be if we got a new ship-it just would not be KotOR anymore, it is those little things that make the game Star Wars.

And I did say that you didn't like it, but that was because of your OWN quote- you called it a "damnable game."

It would not be a "breath of fresh air to get a different ship." And finally, Kain, I never said that you didn't play it, reread my posts. Yes, KAIN, ASSUMPTIONS ARE VERY BAD.
 Kain
10-12-2005, 4:38 PM
*ahem*

I am just wondering, why bother if you don't like anything about it?

And I call alot of things damnable, especially when someone decides to get angry at me about something that doesn't concern them.

Cute kid, that one:disaprove
 RobQel-Droma
10-12-2005, 4:42 PM
Well look, that wasn't my fault that I misinterpreted what you said, I mean normally I would think you wouldn't like it if you said that. And look, mister "assumptions are bad". You just made another one! You said I was cute! :lol:

I think I should start a thread about this... Ebon Hawk vs. something else...
 The Doctor
10-12-2005, 5:04 PM
Come on guys, come down. It's just a game.
Or how about this: YOU'RE BOTH WRONG! (j/k)
I'm sorry I started this.
 RobQel-Droma
10-12-2005, 5:07 PM
------>

It was the Doctor's fault, not me! He is your culprit!
 The Doctor
10-12-2005, 5:15 PM
^ You chose to continue it, not me.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-13-2005, 9:14 AM
Well I'm choosing to end it.

Seeing as how the thread seems to have turned into a pissing match and nothing else :rolleyes:

Many thanks for those who tried to salvage the thread, but seems people like to get hung up on having the last word... soooo... I win

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1