Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

is KOTOR3 coming out?

Page: 1 of 1
 han sala
10-08-2005, 5:28 PM
I have heard rumers about it.. But is it true?? If so im so getting it lol. :ears1:
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-08-2005, 5:38 PM
We don't know. It is only a rumor, for now...
 Auark Streck
10-08-2005, 6:15 PM
i heard becuase of the lay offs, it was going to be delayed
 The Doctor
10-08-2005, 10:23 PM
It better be made, and they'd better make it right. They majorly f@#$ed up KotOR 2. If they do make it though, it won't be out until something like 2007 or even 2008.
 IndianaSolo
10-08-2005, 11:24 PM
If they continue off from K2 (ie. story, graphics engine, rules system, etc.) then I can see about a year and a half development cycle, so probably late 2006, early 2007.

If they do a major overhaul (ie. new story, new engine, new rules system, etc.) then probably about a 2 to 2.5 year development cycle, so either Christmas 2007 or Christmas 2008.
 Lightsider
10-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey, does anyone know that Obsidian is working on an as yet untitled rpg?? it is on the Ign web site but they wont release any info as to what game it is, so if it is kotorIII, then they have already been working on it for the next gen systems for over a year now!! Please pray with me....lol
 What!?
10-09-2005, 10:59 AM
It better be made, and they'd better make it right. They majorly f@#$ed up KotOR 2. If they do make it though, it won't be out until something like 2007 or even 2008.

x****ing2 on that.

KotOR 2 was a great game in its own right, but it just felt so... unfinished. From its way to many to list little quirks and bugs, to its rushed deadline and ommited story parts the game was definetly lacking. However I liked the fact that you could become a presteige class, and level your character up somthing like fifty two levels. Now if they would have only done that in KotOR.

KotOR was easily the BEST Star Wars game I have played period. The story and gameplay were both brilliant. It had a nice finished feel as well. It didn't feel as if it was rushed out the door in an effort to make a quick buck like its follow up did.

Now if they can just put somthing together as nice as the first KotOR and add the features from the second game, you will see one happeh gamer. I would actually like to see the game back in Bioware's hands. But I probably shouldn't get me hopes up. :(

::EDIT::

I had to fix some of me bad speelin'
 Darth Moeller
10-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I think everyone believes it's coming out, but the big question is when. LA has hinted at it that they are making it, but nobody even knows who the developer is going to be.
 The Doctor
10-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope they use Bioware again instead of Obsidian. The cinematics in TSL were a little fuzzy and blurry. The ones in KotOR were much better.
 RobQel-Droma
10-10-2005, 12:52 PM
I am about 70% percent positive that it is coming out, I think that if it does not come out, a lot of people are going to be dissapointed. From what I have heard about the ending of K2, it was unfinished and left a lot of questions about Revan and the Exile. They need to make another game to finish everything. So far, I think that KotOR II has a lot of new and cool features, and just had a lot more "things" in it. But if they took the tremendous storyline from KI, added it to the stuff in KII, then you have another Game of the Year, a lot of happy people, and a fitting end to the series, which I think it will be. At least for the storyline, not for anything else :)....
 Shem
10-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I think everyone believes it's coming out, but the big question is when. LA has hinted at it that they are making it, but nobody even knows who the developer is going to be.

I agree. I've read plenty of times that it's not a matter of "if", but "when".
 Johnny Couth
10-12-2005, 7:37 PM
If it doesn't come out then I am going to cry.
Page: 1 of 1