Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Realistic weapon mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 Weiser_Cain
10-06-2005, 3:19 AM
One shot kills wit a blaster and lightsaber and up the dodges. Possible?
 kdsphantom
10-06-2005, 6:57 AM
i myself was asking General Kenobi about the same thing.
in looking for things about this i found this Weiser,
instant death sabers by "new digger"
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10-0-0-3200-1.html)
(its not all you asked for and i dont know how well it works)

but as to but i just liked the whole idea, as above the General gave me a brief idea i think of some files one might need to change ??

but what does one need to do, to do something like this?
thank you
kdsphantom
 stoffe
10-06-2005, 7:25 AM
One shot kills wit a blaster and lightsaber and up the dodges. Possible?

The easiest way (i.e. not having to edit all weapons and armor in the game individually) would probably be to increase the base damage of those weapons in baseitems.2da to some high value.

The columns numdice and dietoroll are used to determine the base damage of weapons. For example a repeating blaster has numdice set to 2 and dietoroll set to 6, resulting in 2d6 or 2-12 base damage.

As for the dodge/defense, modify the values in the acbonus.2da file. There is a column for each class there determining how much Class Defense bonus they will have at each level.

Such a mod would make all rifles essentially useless and further emphasize the superiority of dual-wielding blaster pistols though. The damage output and critical hit ability of the weapons become meaningless, which are the only advantages two-handed weapons have over dual-wieldable onehanders. :)
 kdsphantom
10-06-2005, 11:38 AM
and to make myself clear on the mod im looking, asking about
is not something for me, or my party to use
but something the game uses on me, if the enemy hits me i go down,
im not looking for uber weapons an stuffs to use on bad guys
but if Sion hits me with his saber its not like a flesh wound its gonna drop me,

@Master stoffe -mkb-
that isnt a bad workaround or even i dont mean to say workaround making it like instead of 2-12 damage but 200 to 1200 but making it 2K to 12K damage would make it insta kill id think.

General Kenobi sent me a PM about this subject i cant wait to get in touch with him again about it. my impresion is that he knew of a way, but that it might just relate to lightsabers.
Page: 1 of 1