Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Peragus Discovery Released

Page: 1 of 1
 CrudeMatter
10-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16473.html)

excerpt from mod description---
This mod consists of 6 items that are exclusive to Peragus (*)

I've included the Advanced Miner Uniform in this pack.
It will safely overwrite if you've dowloaded it previously.
(mineruniform.uti)

other items are:

Super-Cooled Mining Laser- mininglaser.uti

Safety Harness- (enhanced)- 100_belt01.uti

Chilled Polymer Grenade- the mining droids will use this against you!- g_w_sonicdet01.uti

Mind Forge- 100_mask01.uti

Peragian Brimstone- u_l_crys_02.uti (& 100_fore01.uti - use the u_l_crys_02 to cheat it in.) *this item will also appear on Nar Shaddaa. ::: someone who was on Peragus is one step ahead of you? :::

This improves the equipment on Peragus, making it more professional/industrial, and provides a little richer experience.
Peragian Brimstone are newly-discovered crystals (you are the first Jedi/Sith to see them) and, so they are intended to be something that you must experiment with for yourself to discover the properties and dynamics of.

They replace in-game items or you can use the codes.---

I welcome your input.
 Carodej
12-30-2005, 1:02 PM
I've been using your mod on my latest game and I've had a lot of fun with it. I even enjoy getting hit by your Chilled Polymer Grenades. Anyway, you asked for some input, so here is mine…

First, I do have something of a problem with your Peragian Brimstone. After it has been assembled in a light saber, if I go and try to upgrade that same light saber again the slot with your crystal is always empty. I can add another crystal to that slot and the effects seem to stack (as if your crystal is still there too) when I read the general description at the workbench. But when I look at the weapon stats when it is in my hand it gives strange looking results - though I have yet to try it out in combat and see what happens. Note, I do already have several other mods installed, including USM, so I am unsure if this quirk is a result of conflicts with another mod or not. But I really do like your crystals. :)

Your Advanced Minor Uniform gives a better defense bonus than most (all?) light and medium armors, and as it's only a "uniform" I think it would be more appropriate if it were toned down a bit.

Also, I have mixed feelings about your Super-Cooled Mining Lasers. They are more powerful than all but the best handguns in the game, and frankly I am 20th level in my latest game but still rarely use any others handguns. So it seems inappropriate then to get such great guns at the beginning of the game. Personally I always figured that if heat was such a danger on Peragus that there should have been *no* lasers there, only sonic weapons (or maybe old fashioned projectile weapons). I was thinking maybe you could swap those lasers with a few different kinds of sonic weapons. Maybe you could add low powered sonic weapons for the miners, plus medium powered security sonic weapons with a chance to stun or do attribute damage, and then maybe some experimental security sonic weapons with a bit of ion damage that were created out of concern with the droids acting crazy.

Well that's all I have for now. Well, except including a readme file would be nice, especially with the item stats, installation instructions, possible conflicts, etc.

Thanks for the mod! :)
 Dark_lord_Cheez
12-30-2005, 1:35 PM
I only have a few minor problems with this mod, nothing major, just stuff that doesn't seem to flow naturally with the rest of the game.

The first thing I noticed when I played through Peragus with this mod was that when I recieved the Peragian Brimstone, I recieved 33 of them at once 0o I feel this really unbalances the amount of crystals we recieve in game (I mean we only recieve a handful of crystals normally), especially considerring I found about 3 or 4 piles of the brimstone on Peragus alone, which means I left Peragus with about 99 to 132 of the crystals 0o Needless to say, that seems way too unbalanced (at least it does to me).

The second thing that threw off balance to the game in my opinion was the Mind Forge. I don't have the stats in front of me at the moment, but I remember them being REALLY powerful. I don't really think that it's such a good idea to get such a powerful piece of armor so early in the game.

Also, when I opened the crate which usually contained the mining uniform, mining shield, and the other Peragus items, I found that the mining shield was gone. No replacement for it, and the original just wasn't there, and seeing as Atton and the Exile both refer to it in the dialogue after opening the crate, and again before the exile enters the heated cave, I find it to be a little odd that they'd be talking about a shield that doesn't exist.

Finally, I have to ask, with a uniform as powerful as the Advanced mining uniform that you have in here, why would someone need 3? :P I personally think that you should only get one in the game, because only one person really needs it, and if it's going to be as powerful as it is, then there needs to be balance enough in the game so that you only have one.
 Carodej
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
The first thing I noticed when I played through Peragus with this mod was that when I recieved the Peragian Brimstone, I recieved 33 of them at once

I was wondering if that 33 thing was just a fluke in my game as I installed several mods on the same day, but I have also had the crystal appear in multiples of 33 when I found it at a vendor. Still I like having enough so that each of my light saber's can have one. :)

The second thing that threw off balance to the game in my opinion was the Mind Forge. I don't have the stats in front of me at the moment, but I remember them being REALLY powerful. I don't really think that it's such a good idea to get such a powerful piece of armor so early in the game.

I also noticed that the Mind Forge was *very* powerful, but I don’t think it’s unbalancing at low levels at all because unless you cheat you can’t use it until later in the game. The prerequisite to use this is Master Empathy, which means you have to be at least 8th level and use 3 of your feats on Empathy before you can wear it. My 20th level character still can’t use it because I’ve wanted other feats more than I’ve wanted to complete the Empathy set of feats.

Also, when I opened the crate which usually contained the mining uniform, mining shield, and the other Peragus items, I found that the mining shield was gone. No replacement for it, and the original just wasn't there, and seeing as Atton and the Exile both refer to it in the dialogue after opening the crate, and again before the exile enters the heated cave, I find it to be a little odd that they'd be talking about a shield that doesn't exist.

I had this problem too, but I thought this one was due to another mod I had installed since I received a new type of shield there instead of the heat shield. It does make the dialog screwy, but since I rarely use shields and I never used the heat shield I just ignored it.
 CrudeMatter
01-03-2006, 9:37 AM
ok.... well first off let me apologize for being slow to respond, and thank you very much for your feedback.

now to business...
As for the Peragian Brimstone and it's odd behavior.... this is not a conflict with another mod, it is, in fact, how the crystal works. If you put one in a sabre then move to a different zone, the crystal disappears and leaves the bonuses on the hilt. If you install another Brimstone in the same slot, the bonuses will stack. If you install a different stone in the slot, the bonuses disappear... along with the crystals. The quantity was in the spirit of the stacking property and to add to the industrial feel of Peragus. (they are newly discovered and were being collected for analysis/experimentation) Also has connections with some other not-yet-released mods that adress some issues I had with the unexplained parts of the Exile's history. The crystals are newly discovered and you are the first to attempt using them in a sabre. It's supposed to be a bit of discovery and experimentation.... just like learning to mod. lol These aren't the only odd properties that the crystals display. This is not a 'problem' unless it simply affects your enjoyment of play. If it does then you can remove the entire mod or just the 2 files mentioned. (u_l_crys02.uti and 100_fore01.uti) Removing those files will return the original crystal and the mining sheilds.

As for the Advanced Miner Uniform... it is overpowered in the normal context of the game. This was intended. I would normally be perfectly willing to modify it to your preference, but since I'm recovering from a computer meltdown I'll just recommend playing with KT. Its good stuff.
In the spirit of making Peragus seem more industrial, I gave 3 suits which allows the player to equip an entire party if they chose to(and makes more sense in a mining colony). It also leaves a suit that will be good for Bao Dur later in the game. I will concede the point that I should not have left it labelled as a 'uniform'. lol my apologies.

As for the Super-cooled mining laser... it is also overpowered in the normal context of the game. This was intended. It was rationalized because I didnt like the idea of lasers being used in such an unstable environment, ...but I wanted a better gun. lol I didn't use a sonic variety because I didnt like the looks of them. That was personal preference. Again, I'd be perfectly happy to tailor them to your preference... if I was able. (I'll work on getting everything up and running again as time permits) Anyway, as one of my favorite modders has been forced to remind us, "overpowered" is a very subjective idea... everyone has a different idea of what is best. Thats one reason the modding community has shared their work with noobs like me.

ah yes the Mind Forge... that was intended to be a powerful item and, as has already been mentioned, I did try to counterbalance that with the feat requirements. You really have to invest yourself to be able to use it, especially if 'early' in the game.

The mining sheild issue is also not a conflict with another mod. The crystals replace the sheilds. (its a dirty trick, I know.) To be honest, I had played so many times I kinda ignored that little dialogue issue. It would have a taken a bit of work to fix it. ...if nothing else, you should find other sheilds by the time you need them... or you have better sheilds from another mod.

Read-me file.... got it...duely noted.

I hope that shed some light on things and I sincerely hope you can get some enjoyment from the work. I would also hope that you would want to try your hand at modding... KotorTool is real handy at modifying item properties and the modding community is very helpful and talented. To be able to put a personal touch on your gaming experience is a treat.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Page: 1 of 1