Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

shaak ti

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterIbis
10-03-2005, 3:20 AM
I'd step over my own mother to get a me a shaak ti head for TSL... has anyone made one?.. can they make one?
 Jackel
10-03-2005, 4:05 AM
This should be in the modding requests forum :

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
 Prime
10-03-2005, 9:02 AM
I don't think this would be possible. At least not with animations. So you will have to wait to step over your mother...
 Master Dakari
10-10-2005, 8:05 PM
Wouldn't it actually be fairly "easy"?

I'm no modder by any means but the way I look at it is this...
You could take the Twi'lek head(lekku and all), re-texture it to have the appearance of Shaak Ti, replace the head's eyes with Kreia's black ones, and place stretched, re-textured, Devaronian horns on top.

To me, it sounds like this could work. But like I said, I am no modder. So I don't know for sure.

Let me know what you think, but please don't flame me.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-11-2005, 9:35 AM
Wouldn't it actually be fairly "easy"?

I'm no modder by any means but the way I look at it is this...
You could take the Twi'lek head(lekku and all), re-texture it to have the appearance of Shaak Ti, replace the head's eyes with Kreia's black ones, and place stretched, re-textured, Devaronian horns on top.

To me, it sounds like this could work. But like I said, I am no modder. So I don't know for sure.

Let me know what you think, but please don't flame me.
Anytime you take something from one model and place it on another will make the model's animations "dissappear". The same with adding anything to a head model.

Because of model limits, we can only move or shape exisiting vertices in order to maintain head animations. If there's not enough verts, or proper placement of exisiting verts... we can't extrude them to make 'horns'.
Replacing the eyes :eek: ...(yikes, not even going to go there)... but I'd stick to just re-skinning for ease :D

While your texturing of a Twilek is a great idea :thumbsup: the horns is what the "speedbump" is. Not saying it isn't possible.. but it's far from 'easy' ;)

There's alot of "weighing" involved to make it work proper.. and again, "easy" isn't the word used for it... though there are alot of 4-letter ones that are involved.. hehehe ;)
 Darth InSidious
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Would the horns need animations though?
 ChAiNz.2da
10-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Would the horns need animations though?

Not the horns themselves.. but adding anything to a model kills the animations for the entire head... :( Unless we use Taina's Replacer Tool.

That however only enables us to manipulate exisitng vertices. Not add new ones... (and I mean 'only' in the highest respect. It's an amazing tool)
 Master Dakari
10-11-2005, 6:27 PM
but I'd stick to just re-skinning for ease

I didn't think about that just now. I was thinking for the moment and Kreia's eyes (when Dark Side) are beautiful and look just like the eyes of the Togruta species. But re-skinning seems more like the best thing to do.

And I said 'easy' only in the sense that it seemed to be the 'easiest' way of doing it. No that I know stuff can;t be taken from one mod to another and it actually work...never mind.

But on the whole, re-texturing the Twi'lek head and eyes seems to be the best way of doing it so far; considering how both the species have lekku. The only thing that would be missing after that would be the flesh horns(?) on top of the head.

Would it be possible to make your own horns from "scratch"? That way you wouldn't have to worry about bring somthing from one model to another? or would the animations quite working just the same?

Just some more thoughts. And thanks for your imput, ChAiNz.2da. I appreciate it.
 deathdisco
10-11-2005, 10:30 PM
The horns could be a seperate model and worn in headgear slot.
Page: 1 of 1