Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Black Screen after Telos!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Aerotank2000
10-02-2005, 10:51 PM
I have an ATI Radeon mobility X600 on my HP notebook. And i know that this game isnt made to work on a notebook but it has run fine so far so this is probably just a minor issue that CAN be fixed.

After get on the Ebon Hawk and Atris talks with the handmaidens. I get a black screen. I can exit and look at every other screen: the inventory, equipped items, all that stuff. But the mapall white where the map would be and the main screen is all black.

I tried downloading the drivers but ATI's drivers dont work for some reason (they refer me to HP) and HP doesn't have the correct driver.

What should I do?
 SITHSLAYER133
10-03-2005, 8:56 AM
ok heres the thing Hp comps are very weird but i think there are spelised drivers for note books
plz some1 correct me if im wrong
 stingerhs
10-03-2005, 9:09 PM
i don't think its either a graphics issue nor a driver issue given that you've been able to run the game for quite some time beforehand. my theory is that you've encountered a wierd bug and need to try going back to a previous game save.

as for getting updated video drivers for your laptop, give the Omega Drivers (www.omegadrivers.net) a shot. they've been configured to work on laptops, so you shouldn't have much of a problem installing them. ;)
 Aerotank2000
10-04-2005, 12:35 PM
i tried omega drivers and going to a preivious save but to no avail. I'm going to try restarting the entire game to see if it works... other than that i really cant think of anything.
 Aizen
11-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Has anyone found a fix for this, I have the EXACT same problem and I really don't want to restart the game - and risk it still happening. The screen goes black after the cutscene of the ebon hawk flying away and Atris talking. If I try to save the game with the black screen and load from there, the load screen freezes about 1/4 of the way through.

Running amd 64 3200+/gig of ram/9600xt Also getting problems with random load freezes. Any help is appreciated. Using catalyst 5.11 for xp64
 TheOneMan
12-07-2005, 9:54 PM
I'm no computer geek or anything, but what about a reinstall? Could have been a simple error during the initial installation?

I've never had that problem ever. [Watch, I've probably jinxed myself ><"]
 darthmacaw
12-19-2005, 7:33 PM
I experienced this same bug. I had to load a save prior to my challenging the handmaidens to combat. I noticed that after challenging the handmaidens I had been stuck as a single person party, unable to add other party members back.
 The Source
01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I have an ATI Radeon mobility X600 on my HP notebook. And i know that this game isnt made to work on a notebook but it has run fine so far so this is probably just a minor issue that CAN be fixed.

After get on the Ebon Hawk and Atris talks with the handmaidens. I get a black screen. I can exit and look at every other screen: the inventory, equipped items, all that stuff. But the mapall white where the map would be and the main screen is all black.

I tried downloading the drivers but ATI's drivers dont work for some reason (they refer me to HP) and HP doesn't have the correct driver.

What should I do?
This is a mod problem, which was caused by a conflict. If you were to empty out the last files you installed, I am sure you will find the problem. When I had a conflict in one of the mudule files, I had the same exact problem. Therefore, go back to the last mod changes, and pull them from your 'Override' Folder...
 selmxz
01-10-2006, 3:28 PM
Okey, i got the same problem.

I reinstalled the game, and stuff but even then I still revieve this error.

I tried it in verison 1.0 and that 1.0b ?

I never installed a mod so, i dont get it.

Please help me out, Ty!
 selmxz
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Anyone ? Plz ?
 selmxz
04-18-2006, 1:39 PM
Really no one out there that can tell me how to fix it ?
 stingerhs
04-18-2006, 1:51 PM
you know, bumping a thread twice in three months really isn't necessary. :dozey:

in the meantime, i do suggest that you check out the Dealing with Laptop Issues (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=160403) sticky thread at the top of the forum. ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
04-18-2006, 1:58 PM
gotta agree with my bro stinger..

however, the only (and I mean only) time I've ever gotten a black screen was when I installed a mod and I accidentally placed the *.mod file in my override instead of my modules folder...

*.mod files = Modules Folder.. otherwise, you get a blank, black screen..
 Calza
05-08-2006, 8:49 AM
Aero i got the same problem, i just posted a thread about it, if you know how to fix it tell me pls lol
 RedHawke
05-08-2006, 8:58 AM
Aero i got the same problem, i just posted a thread about it, if you know how to fix it tell me pls lol
Well, while the answer is likely the same, this is a PC help forum and you are using an XBox right? So the other forum is where you should talk about your issue as you will get PC assistance here... it would be hard for you to post your specs for example or download a patch. ;)

I have answered as best I could in the thread you started. :D
 DarthMaul v.1/2
05-08-2006, 3:08 PM
Well, while the answer is likely the same, this is a PC help forum and you are using an XBox right? So the other forum is where you should talk about your issue as you will get PC assistance here... it would be hard for you to post your specs for example or download a patch. ;)

:D
Actually RH, calza did state that he/she was indeed playing on a PC - not an XBOX or 360, as Stingerhs had asked. :)

Now, I wish I could be of more help here- but I'm no expert! However, I bet if the two of them were to remove the MODs they are using (if any!), and contact the LucasArts website and ask Yoda this question, they would probably find that others have already brought this problem up to the folks at LA, and get a working solution to their problem! :dsaber:

Just a friendly suggestion! I hope this has helped them!

- DM.005 :maul5:
 ChAiNz.2da
05-08-2006, 3:30 PM
Actually RH, calza did state that he/she was indeed playing on a PC - not an XBOX or 360, as Stingerhs had asked. :)
- calza answered @11:59am today.. well after RH's post @ 9:58am.
- RH then moved the other thread (the one in which you are referring to) to this area of the Forum's @ 12:01pm...

Please pay more attention to post times before "correcting" someone ;)
 RedHawke
05-08-2006, 11:20 PM
[Correction Attempt Failed] Nice try...
 Calza
05-09-2006, 5:14 AM
so there i nothing you guys can do?, nothing at all?, maybe you know a bug fixer that i can download?, if not would puttin the saved file into back-up and re installin it work?, pls reply ASAP
 RedHawke
05-09-2006, 5:29 AM
Calza, please post only in your thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164584) as you reduce any chances at getting help by scattering things around.

Edit by D3:added link to thread
Page: 1 of 1